Save the Adventurers Club

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I know it has been a while since I've posted here, but I have a proposition for the next step in the ever popular fight to return Adventure to Walt Disney World! As we know, a few days ago Disney has announced what they believe the public wants out of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf. I'm not going to get into the details, for I'm providing the link to the Official Disney Parks Blog where you may read the announcement at your leasure. However, the most interesting thing is that about 95% of the first 283 comments about Hyperion Wharf mention the Adventurers Club by name, either lamenting its loss, demanding its return or wondering where it fits into the new plans. So Adventurers, we are not alone in wanting Adventure returned to Downtown Disney, and here is our new outlet to let Disney know it! Please flood this Blog's comment board on what we, the public, truely want, our Adventurers Club's immediate return, and not what my latest propoganda poster depicts. . .

LackofVisionBW.jpg

Disney should not be able to turn blind eye to their own Official Blog, and, if your post doesn't make it by the moderator, then please try again, just a little toned down. As long as the majority of comments deal with the Adventurers Club our point should be getting across. Here's to hoping for another Hoopla in 5189 Hill St.!

Kungaloosh!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...yperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

I suspect if more people would of gone to AC it wouldn't of closed. A bunch of people bombarding a blog with comments won't make up for the thousdands of empty seats that caused AC to close.

I suspect if more people would of gone to AC it wouldn't of closed. A bunch of people bombarding a blog with comments won't make up for the thousdands of empty seats that caused AC to close.

If you can find me one of those empty seats in this photo, then I'll conced to your speculation.

MainSalonPacked01.jpg

However, the Club's closing was due to greed and bad planning, to which "bombarding" the blog with comments in favor of the re-opening of the Adventurers Club will hopefully open some eyes on the executive level.

KUNGALOOSH!​

I will be so sad if the Adventurers Club doesn't return in Hyperion Wharf. Empty seats? everytime I was there, it was always packed. If losing money was the main issue, they could add a dinner option or something - that could bring more guests in and be more profitable.

I just posted on the blog. I think I was #308 and once it went through, it showed the last posts from 300 on, and every single one mentioned the AC!! I really hope they are reading.....

Edit to add: Wow, I just went back even further...nearly every single post is about the AC! I could cry just thinking about how many people were affected by this place for the better. It was really their own fault for not getting people in the door when they made all those changes to PI....started charging admission to the clubs (not the island itself), did away with the street celebrations, tore down the West End Stage....it's like they WANTED the admission to decline so they had an excuse to close the clubs....

I posted to the blog too. I'm post # 296.

Its funny but I had never heard of the Adventurer's Club before reading here on the DIS that is was closing. It was only after reading how much people loved AC and hated to see it closed that I decided to visit for myself.

In previous visits, my kids were too young to go to PI (or so I thought) and I couldn't afford the in room sitter so we never went. If I had known that there were areas of PI that they could have gone into, we would have gone years ago.

We got to visit AC for the first (and only time) during our August 2008 trip. The plan was to start with the Adventurer's Club and then go over to the Comedy Club since I had heard it was fun too. But we had such a good time at AC, we never left. My sons were 20 and 15 at the time. I thought they would be bored or think it was corny but they LOVED it!! Especially when at one point, Emil came and sat at our table and got the kids involved.

I know that Disney (in the past) has listened to its fans. That's how Soarin Over California came to EPCOT. I hope they listen to us now.

I will be so sad if the Adventurers Club doesn't return in Hyperion Wharf. Empty seats? everytime I was there, it was always packed. If losing money was the main issue, they could add a dinner option or something - that could bring more guests in and be more profitable.

An Adventurer's Club Dinner Show would be a great idea! I know I would definitely go to that!

So here is the question Adventureres. What I place before you is a piece of Hyperion Wharf concept art that I've heard that Disney posted somewhere, but quickly removed due to a certain roof in the background.

Wharf.jpg

If we look closer (which I know is hard to do since no one grabbed a larger version of this piece) at the space under the eyesore balloon, the Adventurers Club roof is still standing in Hyperion Wharf!

Wharf-1.jpg

Is there hope left for Merriweather's Earthbound Treehouse? I like to think so! Keep the hope alive Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Hm.. but then why would Disney remove the image? Do they want to keep people guessing as to the fate of AC? Or do they simply have no idea what they're going to do? :confused3

So here is the question Adventureres. What I place before you is a piece of Hyperion Wharf concept art that I've heard that Disney posted somewhere, but quickly removed due to a certain roof in the background.

Wharf.jpg

If we look closer (which I know is hard to do since no one grabbed a larger version of this piece) at the space under the eyesore balloon, the Adventurers Club roof is still standing in Hyperion Wharf!

Wharf-1.jpg

Is there hope left for Merriweather's Earthbound Treehouse? I like to think so! Keep the hope alive Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!​

I saw that last night on the WDW Blog Comments, very very interesting! This discovery gave my hopes of the club returning a much needed boost. I also find it extremely heartwarming that the comments on the Hyperion Wharf blog post is mostly Adventurers. Keep up the fight for our beloved Cloob! Kungaloosh!

Hm.. but then why would Disney remove the image? Do they want to keep people guessing as to the fate of AC? Or do they simply have no idea what they're going to do? :confused3

Some of the speculation i've heard is that they have no idea what's going to happen to the AC. That's why it's currently (rumored to be) at the bottom of the demolition list.

Holy Crap and Merry Christmas to all Adventures if this is true! Check out the Orlando Attractions Magazine Premier Episode of their Webshow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAV2Fkg-rM&feature=sub The whole thing is good, but specifically check out the section at about 5:00. A wonderful runor from a Disney Cruise Line Cruise Director about a certain Club that will be included in Hyperion Wharf! This could be it Adventurers, we may be marching along back to 5189 Hill St. for another HOOPLA!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Holy Crap and Merry Christmas to all Adventures if this is true! Check out the Orlando Attractions Magazine Premier Episode of their Webshow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAV2Fkg-rM&feature=sub The whole thing is good, but specifically check out the section at about 5:00. A wonderful runor from a Disney Cruise Line Cruise Director about a certain Club that will be included in Hyperion Wharf! This could be it Adventurers, we may be marching along back to 5189 Hill St. for another HOOPLA!

KUNGALOOSH!​

:scared1:

Could it be?!??!

I really WANT to believe it but...a cruise director? That's really an odd place to hear that from...I am excited but I am not truly getting my hopes up until I hear an official announcement.

KUNGALOOSH!​

OMG!! That would be soooo great!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I just had my annual visit with Santa Claus and asked of him for only one thing: the Adventurers Club to re-open in 2011! Needless to say, Santa was perplexed, but he assured me he would look into it. You may think I'm crazy (and you'd be right), but believe it or not, my mother (who taught 3rd Grade for 32 years) wrote to her schoolboard for years to get exrtra power outlets installed in her classroom, and after years of being denied she wrote them a letter addressed to Santa Claus asking for the outlets. By gum, the next year she had new outlets! Never doubt the power of Santa (maybe we should send the Disney Execs our letters to Santa, just a thought). Anyhow, I leave you a gift of the Traditional Christmas Eve Midnight Retelling of "'Twas The Night Before Christmas"! For full effect, prepair a glass of Egg Nog, Wassail or Kungaloosh and press play at midnight tonight! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and an Adventurous New Year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P29yPKFCA

KUNGALOOSH!​

Well Adventurers, take a look at what pictures I just recieved in my inbox:

Cookbook.jpg

Cookbook-Kungaloosh.jpg

Cookbook-Hoopla.jpg

Unfortunalty no news about the reopening, but it's nice to see Adventurers Club materials in official print!

KUNGALOOSH!​

How neat! I had heard that there was a new cookbook out, but I had no idea it had some Club recipes in it. I will have to pick that up sometime.

One of my Facebook friends posted a picture the other day - apparently a new set of hidden Mickey "mystery pins" (the kind that come packaged so you can't see them when you buy them) will include our Adventurers Club logo as one of the pins! I don't know when they come out (if they have already) but I was excited to see it.

Oh this is very exciting! I love that Disney has been keeping the AC alive. Scurvy, you reminded me about something that I have that was also blind packaged. I do not collect Vinylmations but apparently in each series, there is a secret one and look what this secret one is!! I got this about 6 months ago from a friend. I can't tell you what series it came from or how exactly he got it but I didn't see anyone mention it on this thread so I thought I'd post it!

(Sorry it's not the best picture, but my fellow adventurer's will know what it is!!)

ry%3D400

How neat! I had heard that there was a new cookbook out, but I had no idea it had some Club recipes in it. I will have to pick that up sometime.

One of my Facebook friends posted a picture the other day - apparently a new set of hidden Mickey "mystery pins" (the kind that come packaged so you can't see them when you buy them) will include our Adventurers Club logo as one of the pins! I don't know when they come out (if they have already) but I was excited to see it.

Yup! Here it is!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Kungaloosh Everyone,

I'm sure we all remember that on Nov. 18 the Official Disney Park Blog posted their " First Look: Waterfront District 'Hyperion Wharf' Among Plans for Downtown Disney" and after almost a month of the comment section being open, almost 95% of the 372 comments (that made it past the moderator) were about how we want our Adventurers Club to come back. Well Adventurers, here is yet another chance to let Disney know that we want Adventurer back in our lives.

I've recieved in my In Box that the new Disney Park Blog question is, "Your favorite Disney Character Is. . .". I'm sure we can all fill that blank with Hathaway Browne, Samantha Sterling, Otis T. Wren, Pamelia Perkins, Fletcher Hodges, Graves, and any of the many Maids that we all know and love. Be sure to include in your post that your favorite character is from the Adventurers Club, and if you feel like adding a personal story of how that charcater touched your life, I'm sure it couldn't hurt. This battle is far from over Adventurers, let us once again tell Disney that "An Adventurers Life is Best"!

Kungaloosh!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-disney-character-is/comment-page-2/#comments

KUNGALOOSH!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter