• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Save $10 On Universals Photo Connect Package

We pre-ordered this and used it on our trip last week. We ended up with 86 photos for the 5 days. Didn't see many photographers out in the parks. Our pics are mostly at the entrance and ride photos.

I learned that you must go to one of the Photo desks in the park and have every single picture edited if you want any sort of border on it on your CD that your order online. From reading here, I thought this was necessary only if they were adding something that was supposed to show up in your hands, but it is for every single picture. This is extremely tedious and your results rely entirely on the specific team member you get working with you.

Also, I wanted 4X6 prints for my photo album, and the pics are all scaled to either 5X7 or 8X10 and there's no way to change them to 4X6 in the park or online. So, when I print out 4X6 prints, part of the borders will be cut off.

For the CD, it looks like only the pictures that you have edited in the park will be included. So, if you want a ride photo to be zoomed in to just your party, you have to to it in the park, or you'll get whatever the default it (i.e. entire ride vehicle). I see that there are some edits with a few borders you can do online yourself, but the only option appears to be to download those, which are in low resolution not meant for printing - only for posting online. I expect the CD to be high resolution, and will certainly be complaining and requesting a refund if they're not!

I've ordered Disney's photopass many times, and Universal's product doesn't compare at all, but is better than nothing!

Yes, they don't have nearly as many online options before ordering the CD as Disney does. On the flip side, I found that the Universal photo reps at the end of rides would always zoom the picture down to just your party, while the Disney reps never did - it was always the entire ride vehicle. I even asked a Disney rep after one ride, and she said they don't do that.

The pics on the CD I got are all 2100x1500 pixels or 2700x2400 pixels.

Does anyone know...

If I pre-order now and then get an annual pass when I arrive at the park, will I get a year on the Photo Connect or do I need to have an active annual pass when I do the pre-order?

So let me see if I understand this: I have to go to the photo kiosk at the end of the day and ask them to add in things like borders and characters because it is not done automatically, but the sizes are only 5x7 and 8x10 for printing?

Just HOW long are the lines? Are we talking end-of-the-day photo kiosk in Epcot/MK (the eternity lines) or AK (which I have never seen a line in)?

So let me see if I understand this: I have to go to the photo kiosk at the end of the day and ask them to add in things like borders and characters because it is not done automatically, but the sizes are only 5x7 and 8x10 for printing?

Just HOW long are the lines? Are we talking end-of-the-day photo kiosk in Epcot/MK (the eternity lines) or AK (which I have never seen a line in)?

Pretty much every picture taken is already to go. The pictures that need like a prop or holding something have to be done manually. Then also you can have them do what you want. It's easier than you think. The on ride photos are done right there. Meaning get off the ride go to the on ride photo area. They will pull up your photo all edited. You say ok hand them your photo connect card. The scan the card and all set move on to your next adventure.

Now you can go to the photo connect at the end if the park and have whatever prints you want done. I also think they can print any photos too at the rides but its easier to do it at the end.

If you have a smartphone download the app. Under most times after the photo is taken it takes about 5-15 minutes and you can see it right on your phone. You can save it to your phone or share it wherever instantly.

Then you can order all types of gifts that you can have a picture on. It's real simple and we love it. I paid $39 for AP member and have had it since December. I have gotten my money's worth ten fold. Will be there this weekend for 9 days and its going to get used a lot.

Everything that Bluer101 said. They can also print any picture at any location, with the following exceptions (as of April):

Forbidden Journey can only be printed at Forbidden Journey.
Rip Ride Rockit doesn't actually put the picture on your card. They give you a receipt with a code on it that you enter on their website. Clumsy.

The disk that's included in the pass will have every picture you put on the card, in resolution high enough for printing, if you want to do your own prints or make your own photobook, etc.

Everything that Bluer101 said. They can also print any picture at any location, with the following exceptions (as of April):

Forbidden Journey can only be printed at Forbidden Journey.
Rip Ride Rockit doesn't actually put the picture on your card. They give you a receipt with a code on it that you enter on their website. Clumsy.

The disk that's included in the pass will have every picture you put on the card, in resolution high enough for printing, if you want to do your own prints or make your own photobook, etc.

I forgot about RRR. I was talking to one of the TM and they wish it would get added too.

I just enter them in back at the hotel too. I have never got the CD as I just go online and print them.

Are they still running the option to have unlimited pictures printed in park for a certain price?

I'm curious how the annual pass option works, where you can supposedly get the pictures for a whole year. Does anyone have more info on that? Price, how it works, is it really the whole year, etc? Thanks in advance!

I'm curious how the annual pass option works, where you can supposedly get the pictures for a whole year. Does anyone have more info on that? Price, how it works, is it really the whole year, etc? Thanks in advance!

I have the whole year. I got it in December for around $30-$40. It gives you one print and unlimited download. Plus gives you one photo connect card. This is a plastic card with you QR code on the back and a picture taken in the park on the front, you choose.

Pretty much every picture taken is already to go. The pictures that need like a prop or holding something have to be done manually. Then also you can have them do what you want. It's easier than you think. The on ride photos are done right there. Meaning get off the ride go to the on ride photo area. They will pull up your photo all edited. You say ok hand them your photo connect card. The scan the card and all set move on to your next adventure.

Now you can go to the photo connect at the end if the park and have whatever prints you want done. I also think they can print any photos too at the rides but its easier to do it at the end.

If you have a smartphone download the app. Under most times after the photo is taken it takes about 5-15 minutes and you can see it right on your phone. You can save it to your phone or share it wherever instantly.

Thanks!

Another question: can I have both the park downloads add-on AND the CD once I get home?

My experience from late May is that you have it exactly right - at least regarding whatever will be on the CD in high resolution. You do have to go to the desk to have them add any border other than the default which is a narrow blue filmstrip border with Universal Orlando globe logo in the corner for whatever you want to be on your CD. They have several others available, but if you add them yourself online under the 5X7 or 8X10 option, all you can do is the digital download which is the lower resolution - not the high resolution like on the CD. If you go to the Download option, there are no borders at all. If you never go to the desk in the park, all photos on the CD (other than ride photos) will have the generic border. And I guess the ride photos also only have their special border if they do it at the desk by the ride where they add it to your card.

I wouldn't wait until the end of the day because the lines will be like Epcot/MK. We went mid-day and had about 3-4 days worth of photos and the employee spent about 30 minutes adding borders to some of the photos, but not all of them. It was very time consuming, and we didn't even get to see all of the options, so didn't really end up with what we would have wanted if we could control it.

And I forgot to add RipRideRocket numbers before I ordered my CD, so I could only download them, but that's my fault!

Not at all pleased with Universal's system compared to Disney's, but the cost is less and hopefully Universal's will improve over time.

Then you can order all types of gifts that you can have a picture on. It's real simple and we love it. I paid $39 for AP member and have had it since December. I have gotten my money's worth ten fold. Will be there this weekend for 9 days and its going to get used a lot.

Do you mind sharing some of your photos, would love to see the different options?

Where are the photo shops inside the two parks? I'm trying to plan our day and don't want to waste time trying to find where to turn in my pre purchased photo connect package.

Also, if you get pictures taken when you enter the park before you pick up your star card, can they add those pics when you to redeem your pre purchased card?

Where are the photo shops inside the two parks? I'm trying to plan our day and don't want to waste time trying to find where to turn in my pre purchased photo connect package.

Also, if you get pictures taken when you enter the park before you pick up your star card, can they add those pics when you to redeem your pre purchased card?

In IOA the store is just past the gates on the right. It's connected with the rest of the stores facing the entrance.

At US its just inside the entrance too. It's on the right side of the street. This is connected with another building but no walk thru.

If you get your picture taken before no big deal. They will hand you a photo connect QR card and take that with you. That card can be used all over the park too. Say you have multiple people in your party just have them carry on if the cards. Everywhere they use it can be added to your account. You just log on and add the card number. This is nice if you forget your card. Grab another then add it to your account later.

My experience from late May is that you have it exactly right - at least regarding whatever will be on the CD in high resolution. You do have to go to the desk to have them add any border other than the default which is a narrow blue filmstrip border with Universal Orlando globe logo in the corner for whatever you want to be on your CD. They have several others available, but if you add them yourself online under the 5X7 or 8X10 option, all you can do is the digital download which is the lower resolution - not the high resolution like on the CD. If you go to the Download option, there are no borders at all. If you never go to the desk in the park, all photos on the CD (other than ride photos) will have the generic border. And I guess the ride photos also only have their special border if they do it at the desk by the ride where they add it to your card.

I wouldn't wait until the end of the day because the lines will be like Epcot/MK. We went mid-day and had about 3-4 days worth of photos and the employee spent about 30 minutes adding borders to some of the photos, but not all of them. It was very time consuming, and we didn't even get to see all of the options, so didn't really end up with what we would have wanted if we could control it.

And I forgot to add RipRideRocket numbers before I ordered my CD, so I could only download them, but that's my fault!

Not at all pleased with Universal's system compared to Disney's, but the cost is less and hopefully Universal's will improve over time.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I didn't mind at all taking the default borders and effects the agents gave me. And the thought of spending half a day on a laptop adding borders to pictures, like my wife did for our Disney pics, fills me with horror.

And one thing I noticed that Universal does - they'll edit down your ride pictures to only include your party members. Disney can't/won't do that (I asked), you get everyone who happened to be in your photo.

Do you mind sharing some of your photos, would love to see the different options?

If you look at my trip report here, a lot of the pictures are from photoconnect. All the ride pics, the Spider-Man pic, the dinosaur & car pic, the family pic in front of IOA, the Hogwarts pic and the Spongebob pic.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I didn't mind at all taking the default borders and effects the agents gave me. And the thought of spending half a day on a laptop adding borders to pictures, like my wife did for our Disney pics, fills me with horror.

And one thing I noticed that Universal does - they'll edit down your ride pictures to only include your party members. Disney can't/won't do that (I asked), you get everyone who happened to be in your photo.

If you look at my trip report here, a lot of the pictures are from photoconnect. All the ride pics, the Spider-Man pic, the dinosaur & car pic, the family pic in front of IOA, the Hogwarts pic and the Spongebob pic.

That was awesome, thank you for sharing, very cool photos, think I will for sure invest in this.:goodvibes

Those are great photos. The default boarders are great and normally ride or area of park specific. The only pictures you need to edit is if they have you pointing at something. They will put in an imaginary animal or character.

I know I'm probably coming across as a shill, but I really liked photoconnect. When I got home and went to order the CD, I noticed one of the pictures with one kid with her hand out didn't have a character in it. I emailed their customer support, and they sent me back a corrected photo with a character (Dr. Suess fish in a teacup I think).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter