• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Save $10 On Universals Photo Connect Package

How do you handle getting pictures when your group breaks up? Can multiple people get pictures onto the same account?

If you pre-order, does the card get shipped to you, or do you get a voucher and you have to get it in the park?

If you do not preorder and want to buy in the park; do you have to get it on the first day, the last day, or can you go anywhere inbetween?

1. They send you an email with a bar code, which you print & bring to one of the photo service centers - there's one just inside the entrance of each park. They set you up with a lanyard and Star Card. Any photos you get from a roving photographer before picking up the card can be added then.

2. I don't know, but the easiest thing is to pick it up as soon as possible.
That way you won't have to bother with keeping the regular photo connect cards and adding them to the account. It's only good for 5 consecutive days after activation.

Does anyone know if the package purchase expires at some point? I just purchased it but am not planning to use till sept

The email they sent me didn't list an expiration date or date it must be used by.

How do you get the prints of the roving photographers. Is there a photoshop where you take you card and get the prints? Seems really good value at $25. I will ask after the first ride as we are only there for 2 days.

Actually, it seems that any ride or the photo center can print any picture (except Forbidden Journey & RRR). We upgraded the package on day 2 at the Hulk Coaster, and the photo rep at the ride printed all our previous pictures right there - rides, characters, and roving photos, except our FJ pictures.

How do you handle getting pictures when your group breaks up? Can multiple people get pictures onto the same account?

I don't know. For roving photographers & character shots, you can just take the card they give you and add it to your account at the photo service center, but I don't know how it would work for ride photos.

Received this reply from the company regarding expiration dates:

No there is no expiration date, you will be fine just remember to keep the
barcode number on the email. Have a wonderful vacation.

Susan Quinones
Customer Service Supervisor

Just a bump to re-ask the question posed earlier.

Any idea how the Photo Connect package works when you have multiple small groups? Can everyone take advantage of the package?

If you get a picture from a roving photographer, you can take the card they give you to the photo center and add it to the Star card - we did that once or twice. No idea on the rides pics though - I don't know if they'll add the pictures to a regular photo connect card.

And I got some more info on the unlimited print package - it's only good for prints in the park, not for ordering pics from the website later.

I would like to know if I pre order this online is there only one place to get the card in the parks? We plan on IOA our first day with early entry for HP & would like to go straight there first then get the card after. Or do you think it doesn't take long anyways & we should just get it at the front then go to HP?

There's only one place in each park to get it - the Photoconnect store at the front of each park. It only took a minute to pick up the card, but there was no line when I went in. I'd recommend at least checking if there's a line at the photoconnect store, since otherwise you may not be able to get your Forbidden Journey picture onto the card. And honestly, that's one of the best ride pictures in the parks, IMHO.

There's only one place in each park to get it - the Photoconnect store at the front of each park. It only took a minute to pick up the card, but there was no line when I went in. I'd recommend at least checking if there's a line at the photoconnect store, since otherwise you may not be able to get your Forbidden Journey picture onto the card. And honestly, that's one of the best ride pictures in the parks, IMHO.

Oh, so they do include Forbidden Journey now? We will get the card first thing in that case. Thanks!

Oh, so they do include Forbidden Journey now? We will get the card first thing in that case. Thanks!

Yes. The only ride that's still not integrated with the card is Rip Ride Rockit - they give you a receipt with a code that you enter manually on the website to get the picture onto your account.

Oh, and make sure to install the photoconnect app on your smartphone if you have one. It's fun to look at the pics while you're still in the park.

The star card is hands down the best value in Orlando theme parks. Every ride. Every photo op (the awesome Spider-man on a comic book one, the Daily Bugle picture) Every meet n' greet (Shrek & Donkey, The Transformers, etc) and every Universal photographer's picture (be sure to have the Universal photo people add the special effects/borders in before you leave the park.

And the new deal includes a free lanyard, a printed out 8X10 or 5X7, one of your photos ON the photo connect card and more. This is a steal and not sure how Universal can even be making money on it.

Is this $40 price the standard price or a special? We are headed there next month and I think this is something we would like to get but I hate to order it so early in case our plans change.

Is this $40 price the standard price or a special? We are headed there next month and I think this is something we would like to get but I hate to order it so early in case our plans change.

The normal price is $49.95. There's no expiration so you can use it whenever

The star card is hands down the best value in Orlando theme parks. Every ride. Every photo op (the awesome Spider-man on a comic book one, the Daily Bugle picture) Every meet n' greet (Shrek & Donkey, The Transformers, etc) and every Universal photographer's picture (be sure to have the Universal photo people add the special effects/borders in before you leave the park.

And the new deal includes a free lanyard, a printed out 8X10 or 5X7, one of your photos ON the photo connect card and more. This is a steal and not sure how Universal can even be making money on it.

When I got home and logged in, I found that some of our pics didn't have the effects put in - like my daughter had her hand out and we were all looking at it, but there was nothing there. I emailed their customer support and asked if the CD includes any stock images I could add - she emailed me back with new copies of the pictures with all the effects added. Great service.

Has anyone purchased this lately? I tried to create an account this morning to purchase and it won't let me.

Hi There, very interested in the photo system at Universal and IOA, so just thought I would bump this up, just curious if people would post some of their photos from this so we can see what they look like, also can you add things like borders, etc. Thank You.:)

I purchased ours on May 20 and we are driving to the airport right now!!!! I'll post some pics and let you know how it worked next week.

I purchased ours on May 20 and we are driving to the airport right now!!!! I'll post some pics and let you know how it worked next week.

Can't wait to see your photos, would love to see photos to see what they do. Thank You.:)

I think people are confused about photo connect. Even though you can pre order the package on line other packages they offer are not on the web site to order in fact I was told if you upgrade yor pre order package at the gate it will still cost you about 15-20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter