Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

It was really bad, I could deal with them looking more blue, but looking brown? And even my mom thought they were brown, she was like, oh it's the same color as your garbage can, it isn't my garbage can is a espresso brown, but it was disturbing that she thought that! :eek:

It will be really hot, it's going to be mid August. But DF definitely wants the guys in black tuxes. We'll mostly be inside though, so I think if I picked a lightweight long dress they would be okay. Maybe just a silky satin, chiffon or something like that. Taffeta is definitely out though, I can't deal with the two tone color stress :rotfl:

then long would work as long as the material is light! my date is in feb....and surprise florida can get cold! :lmao: who woulda thought, FLORIDA and COLD in the same sentence! but so im gonna try to stick to a longer length but who knows just yet.:confused3
cant wait to see what you find!

First of all, your dress looks amazing! It's very beautiful.

And I personally like long bridesmaid dresses. My bridesmaids wore long dresses and our wedding was on August 1 and the ceremony was outside! It was a light fabric, but I think they will be fine. All the guys wore their tuxes and they looked more hot than any of us girls!

That is so odd that they look so different in the different lighting...it is a good thing you caught that now!!! If you are really unhappy, and you can still change, I would definitely consider it! I personally like brown, but if it wasn't what you were going for, it won't really work.

I like the length of the dress as it is posted, but I think it would look nice any length!

I know, if I had never gone to that other store I wouldn't have realized it was so drastic. I like brown too, most of furniture and stuff is brown and I wear brown a lot...but I don't like brown with gray. :confused:

I love your dress! You look beautiful!:goodvibes

Thank you so much! I wish they still had the sample so I could have the girls try on dresses and see them side by side. I absolutely love it though. :goodvibes

I actually like the Bm's dresses but long ones would like nice with your dress too!

I do like them too, stupid iridescent taffeta, can't they just have flat one color taffeta?

then long would work as long as the material is light! my date is in feb....and surprise florida can get cold! :lmao: who woulda thought, FLORIDA and COLD in the same sentence! but so im gonna try to stick to a longer length but who knows just yet.:confused3
cant wait to see what you find!

I know it really can be chilly there sometimes, my grandparents live in Fl and we went in January one year and it was COLD, like I need to be in a sweatshirt cold. :eek:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't put them in big heavy ballgowns....or would I :laughing:

First of all, your dress looks amazing! It's very beautiful.

And I personally like long bridesmaid dresses. My bridesmaids wore long dresses and our wedding was on August 1 and the ceremony was outside! It was a light fabric, but I think they will be fine. All the guys wore their tuxes and they looked more hot than any of us girls!

Thank you so much! I love it and it really just fit me to a glove, so it was perfect. :goodvibes Love your wedding pic in your signature!

I agree, I think they will be okay as long as it's not a super heavy material and we won't be outside that much. The poor guys, I do feel a little bad for them, but DF definitely wants tuxes, he was just saying yesterday how much he likes wearing tuxes. :rolleyes:

So this week we assembled and sent out our Save the Date packets, we are missing a few addresses so we have about 10 more or so that need to go out.

Here are the newsletters, I was able to print them on my home printer which saved me a bunch of money and I did only go through 1 cartridge :laughing:. The biggest problem was Max was extremely interested in the printer and kept trying to put his head in it, then he bit a few of the pages, so I had to get rid of those. :rolleyes:

It was four pages, I printed them double-sided, so I did pages 1 and 3 first and then re-fed them into the printer for 2 and 4. I did 15 each night and it only took about an hour each night to print and assemble.

The newsletter was done in Pages for Mac, Andreah (acwinsett) was kind enough to send me her template so I based a lot of it off of that. Vanessa (figmentfan814) also sent me her newsletters which were a big help in what type of info to include. A big thanks to both of them, they made putting it together so much easier! :goodvibes

SaveTheDateNewsletter.jpg
SaveTheDateNewsletter2.jpg

SaveTheDateNewsletter3.jpg
SaveTheDateNewsletter4.jpg

Along with the newsletter we included our Save the Date Magnet, we got these from Magnet Street, it was a little more than I would have liked to spend on magnets, but I liked that you could completely customize the colors and we are pleased with how they turned out.

To

For our wedding website we used mywedding.com. It is a free site but provides for a lot of customization which I liked. The URL is also not super long. It was also really easy to use, and you can copy and paste into the text boxes (unlike weddingtracker). I would have liked a custom URL but all the ones I wanted were taken, so I figured why pay extra. :laughing:

This all went in lovely self adhesive greeting card envelopes I got from Walmart, I printed the return address on them and added our monogram. The to addresses were done on clear address labels in Disney font. Sorry for the poor quality pic, they are white but they had them in ivory too.
IMG_0600.jpg

So DF mailed those out on Friday, so people should begin getting them early in the week.

We also did our registry on Saturday since I guess people have been asking. Wow, that was exhausting and overwhelming! We also made the mistake of not eating beforehand and we both got a little cranky at the end :laughing:. And those ladies really push the china and fancy picture frames. They did sell me on china in the end, we got an everyday one though, but I resisted the picture frame urge.

And since people have been hinting they will be sending us engagement gifts, I got these for thank you cards. I thought about doing them through vistaprint using our monogram, but these turned out to be cheaper since they were 40% off. They had a few different disney designs (fab five, nemo, NBC, princess, dalmations, lion king) and lots of non-disney designs. We got them personalized to say "Ryan and Sara" so we can use them for whatever.
www.expressionery.com/product.aspx?lineid=277&productid=1842

Wow, that was a long update!

Ohh I love everything! The magents turned out great!! And I also love the pre-rsvp card. Great idea!!

Ohh I love everything! The magents turned out great!! And I also love the pre-rsvp card. Great idea!!

everything looks soooo good! and your website is uber cute! im all excited for you!:cutie:

Thanks girls! I really liked how everything turned out and DF couldn't wait to send them out! :laughing: Now here's hoping people actually send back the Pre-RSVP card! The website was a lot of work, but I'm hoping it will eliminate some questions from people and most of the info is just copied and pasted from the Dis or Allearsnet, so it wasn't too bad putting it together. ;)

Had dinner with the MOH's tonight and we're going to go dress shopping on Friday, so hopefully we find something. I've been scouring the Knot for BP pics with tea length dresses but most are with simple or lace bridal gowns, so still not sure on that front. I guess we'll try on both kinds and see what we end up liking.

The shoes I got from shoebuy. Love that website, you can order a bunch and send back the ones you don't like, you don't pay for shipping or returns and they process the returns really quick too.

I actually got them for DFSIL's wedding and they were surprisingly comfortable. I lasted a good 9 hours in them, which is really more than I can ask for in any shoe. :laughing: My feet do not tolerate most shoes, so if I can keep them on most of the night, I consider that a bonus.

The little decoration on the front is way more sparkly in person.
IMG_0614.jpg
IMG_0615.jpg

My dress has silver beading on it, and the rhinestones are similar so I think they will go well together. :goodvibes

Hi Sara! I just love all your plans, your wedding is going to be so beautiful! I wanted to pop over to say thanks for your advice on my dress, I really appreciate it! Looking foward to reading more! :goodvibes
Marissa

Ohh loving it!! Your shoes are to die for!! They necklace is very pretty and romantic! I like it all!!

the earrings and necklace look beautiful!!

Thanks! I'm really liking them, at first I thought I would want rhinestones, but now when I see everything together I think it's perfect. :lovestruc

Hi Sara! I just love all your plans, your wedding is going to be so beautiful! I wanted to pop over to say thanks for your advice on my dress, I really appreciate it! Looking foward to reading more! :goodvibes
Marissa

Aww, thanks so much Marissa! You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help. :goodvibes You need to start your own PJ soon ;)

Ohh loving it!! Your shoes are to die for!! They necklace is very pretty and romantic! I like it all!!

Thanks Mandy! I really like them a lot, and I can wear them again. My feet are terrible in shoes so I have so many pairs I have only ever been able to wear once because they kill my feet, so when I find a (relatively) comfy pair I gotta run with it. ;) Thanks, romantic is a really good way to describe the necklace, I really love it and the seller was really sweet. Love etsy!

Today I went BM dress shopping with my MOH's and one of my other friends came along for another opinion. We had such a great time! We just pulled a ton of dresses and they took turns trying them on. I had changed my mind about the whole tea length, so we pulled short and long, a few for laughs and the only thing off limits was taffeta! :rotfl2:

We narrowed it down to four and then they swapped the ones they hadn't tried on yet and we were able to pick one. It is by Bill Levkoff but it's from another line he just came out with called D'Zage. I brought the camera but forgot to take pics. Here's a link for you girls though.

http://dzage.com/collections/index.asp?dress=749
although I don't remember a brooch, so I guess it must be removable :confused: The dress is satin and will be in a shadow gray. I think the dress will look great and it fits the wedding so much better than the short dresses did.

The MOH's really loved it. I told them they could keep the train and Erica was super excited. It seems every wedding she's in that has a dress with a train the bride has made them cut it off. I think it looks nice on the girls when they're walking down the aisle, and besides, mine is way bigger. :lmao:

We also got our very first Pre-RSVP back from DF's aunt, she is very excited about the wedding since they love Disney. :cutie:

Have to watch two more sample videos and make a decision on the videography soon. I liked the video from Cinema Chic, I have one from OneI productions and Visual Effects by Seth. Jeffrey Stoner was giving a discount of $999 on any package booked in the next 9 days, but unfortunately his packages start at $5k, so not even remotely in our budget even with the discount. :rotfl2:

We're also decided to try to make our own invites. I love Shelley's work, but it will save us a lot of money if we can do them ourselves so I'm going to order the samples from cards and pockets and try to print a few things up. I came up with a template that looks pretty good. Hopefully it works out, it just seemed silly to spend so much on something most people will just throw away. And now that I know I have a color printer, I find myself inspired to use it more. :)

I love the new dresses! They are soooo pretty!

Making your own invites is a great idea! Definitely one of the best ways to save $$!

hey! Congrats on your up coming wedding! I am new on your PJ, so i thought i'd say hi. everything is looking great so far, you put my planning to shame as you have more time and have more done! :rotfl: Look forward to reading more!

I love the new dresses! They are soooo pretty!

Making your own invites is a great idea! Definitely one of the best ways to save $$!

Thanks! I love them too and I think the top matches my dress. The first BM dress my mom and sister really liked and I liked it enough so I agreed but this new dress is exactly what I wanted, I wish I could get one too! :laughing:

DF was a little disappointed that we weren't going with Impressions, but it really saves a lot of money and I think they will look great. Now to order the samples from cards and pockets.

hey! Congrats on your up coming wedding! I am new on your PJ, so i thought i'd say hi. everything is looking great so far, you put my planning to shame as you have more time and have more done! :rotfl: Look forward to reading more!

Thanks for stopping by! Lol, well I'm an obsessive Disney Planner, so when you throw a wedding into the mix it's dangerous...plus I got a Macbook (love it!) not too long along which just encourages me even more...DF thinks I need a computer intervention...:lmao:

Thanks for stopping by! Lol, well I'm an obsessive Disney Planner, so when you throw a wedding into the mix it's dangerous...plus I got a Macbook (love it!) not too long along which just encourages me even more...DF thinks I need a computer intervention...:lmao:

Yeah. I am the same way! I have a macbook too and i'm in love with it as well. My DF is even crazier about his mac mini tho. you guys should go to the computer intervention together ;)

Hey! just read through your PJ and im loving it! im from LI also and have been dreaming of a disney wedding since i was 12 too, now my dbf just needs to propose lol anyway im really loving all your projects and look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter