Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

Thanks! I really love the Disney precious moments they have now. I would totally get the bride and groom one if they had one with brown hair, I've even thought of trying to make it darker myself, but that might look a little weird :confused3

No gifts to see here :rolleyes1.... Now that our Save the Dates are out, no telling who might find this PJ, so took out the pics just in case ;).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got an email saying my Save the Date's will arrive on Wednesday! :woohoo: And I discovered that I do have a color printer and don't have to pay Staples $88 to have my newsletters printed up! :banana:

And I spoke to DF about getting the Grand I and he loves the idea! :cool1: I'm so excited for our exit from the WP and I think the BP and parents will really enjoy getting to ride in it. I'm so excited, the coach was always way out of our budget, but I'm so happy I get to have something really unique and Disney all the same. :lovestruc

Still waiting to decide on videographers, like 5 of them told me they'd send me a sample weeks ago and still nothing. :confused3 Maybe this is a sign that I should scrap video and get confetti cannons instead? :rolleyes1

Aww, thanks! I think he's pretty fantastic, but it's always nice to hear from others! I am so happy with them, I hope everyone will like their gifts!

Okay, so the latest thing I've been trying to do is design an monogram, here's what I've come up with, I'm having a little trouble with the sizing, so sorry if it's a little small :confused3. We're going to use these on the front of the program fans and whatever else I can slap it on. :laughing:

monogram-2-1.jpg

Just catching up on your PJ! Congrats on getting the date you wanted!! Your bridesmaids gifts are so cute, they will love them! Wow, great job on the monogram! I can't wait to see all your DIY stuff you make! :thumbsup2 How'd you get that little mickey in there? Is it a brush or did you draw it?

Thanks for following along!

Well I will say I didn't have the easiest time with the monogram. Tried to use photoshop but got so frustrated since I don't really know how to use it and it's on DF's superslow pc. I used mac's equivalent to powerpoint and that worked a little better.

The mickey is actually an image, I googled mickey icon and that came up, I copied it and then inserted it into the file, then I was able to adjust the size. I got the idea from another bride (she used it to dot her i's), I had been trying to draw it with three circles but that wasn't working out and it was hard to move it, so the image method worked much better!

Very pretty monogram!! And I vote confetti cannons...mostly because I don't think we are going to get them and I need to live Vicariously through someone!

Your monogram looks really great! That's amazing that you did it yourself! I tried so many times, I just gave up:lmao:

The BM look gifts look cute, with your kitty in them it is your wedding colors with the grey and purple. The monogram looks great! If you wanted anything different that you can't get with the program you are using, let me know, I can help.

The bags really came out great. I can't believe how large they are. Love the monogram especially with the little mickey hanging down. you did a great job!

Very pretty monogram!! And I vote confetti cannons...mostly because I don't think we are going to get them and I need to live Vicariously through someone!

Thanks! It took me a while, but I'm pretty happy with it. Well if I don't get any videos soon, I think my choice is made :rolleyes1. I know, I was kinda okay with not having them, but then I saw Jeffrey Stoner's demo video (he's so far out of the budget range it's funny!) and a couple in it had them in there and it looked awesome.

Your monogram looks really great! That's amazing that you did it yourself! I tried so many times, I just gave up:lmao:

Oh trust me, I was really ready to give up! It was the most frustrating wedding related thing I've done. I'm sure if I knew what I was really doing it could have been way better. Now hopefully I can get it to be bigger!

The BM look gifts look cute, with your kitty in them it is your wedding colors with the grey and purple. The monogram looks great! If you wanted anything different that you can't get with the program you are using, let me know, I can help.

Thanks! I may definitely take you up on that if I can't get it to be the right size. Thank you so much for offering! :goodvibes

The bags really came out great. I can't believe how large they are. Love the monogram especially with the little mickey hanging down. you did a great job!

I really like them. I can't believe it either, what does an XL one hold? A 7 year old child? Thanks! It wasn't easy (for me at least), I'm glad I found a place to put it, I really wanted a little Mickey in there. ;)

Love the bags:lovestruc- I want to get some too for BM. will have to check out lands end! cute kitty too:goodvibes

Thanks! They had a few different colors too, they are great quality and I got then superfast! I would highly recommend them.

Thanks! He does get into everything, literally sometimes, but he is such a sweetie too :cutie:

love the bags. and your right they are big for a medium! and that monogram is done very well. no one will ever know you had a hard time with it! :rolleyes1 secret is save with me.

love the bags. and your right they are big for a medium! and that monogram is done very well. no one will ever know you had a hard time with it! :rolleyes1 secret is save with me.

Thanks for keeping my secret ;). They are really huge, on the website it says it holds one bag of groceries, so I was thinking it would be about the size of those reusable grocery bags, it's even bigger! And I was wondering after I ordered them if I should have gotten the large! :lmao: I was really impressed with the quality. They stand up all by themselves and they are really heavy! I had a little bit of a tough time carrying the box in the house! :laughing:

Hey Everyone, it's been a busy week, we've been putting together our Save the Date packets and sending them out.

Another issue that's been weighing on me lately is I don't think I like the BM dresses anymore. Well I like them, but the fabric is just impossible. I went to go see the FG dress in person because I have a feeling my aunt doesn't really like it. And in person, I really didn't like it either. :sad1: Then I went to find the BM dress to see if I could make another color work with it for the FG, and with the lighting in the store it looked brown. :confused: It's supposed to be gray. Not only that, but my DM was over the other day and she thought the dresses were brown when she saw them too. What if in pics the light is hitting two girls a little differently and the dresses look like different colors? :confused: But the biggest issue is nothing looks right with this color, so how would I be able to match flowers or anything to it? Then I got to thinking that maybe it's not formal enough to go with my dress either and the guys in tuxes. And it's not the right color for a FG and I don't want her in white/ivory to match me. I'd really like her to be in a light purple.

We haven't ordered anything, so it won't be a big deal to change them, but it's a little frustrating all the same. My MOH is up from Charlotte this weekend, so I'll see her and the other MOH and also see what they think.

I'll post pics of the newsletters and Save the Dates and envelopes (I used the monogram on that and it turned out great!) later on. I'm really pleased with the whole thing and everyone at work was so impressed, they thought they were professionally done.

wow i can't believe the color looks different in different lighting. the dress is very pretty but i also would be concerned with the color looking different in certain lighting. are there any other colors close to that color in that dress? my personal opinion is i like long dresses for BMs. i think it is more formal but i am not sure if i will be able to have full length being my MOH is pregnant. being you have not bought them yet at least you can look around and see what else there is. do you have time to have them try on some other dresses and then make a final decision? i hope it all works out!

oh and looking forward to seeing the newsletter and save the dates!:thumbsup2

that is crazy how they look different with the lighting. i think long dresses can be formal or non-formal. my worry is how is the weather at the time of your wedding? would it be too hott for long dresses? or too short for cold weather.

wow i can't believe the color looks different in different lighting. the dress is very pretty but i also would be concerned with the color looking different in certain lighting. are there any other colors close to that color in that dress? my personal opinion is i like long dresses for BMs. i think it is more formal but i am not sure if i will be able to have full length being my MOH is pregnant. being you have not bought them yet at least you can look around and see what else there is. do you have time to have them try on some other dresses and then make a final decision? i hope it all works out!

oh and looking forward to seeing the newsletter and save the dates!:thumbsup2

I couldn't even find it in the one store, I looked through every dress in the rack and it was with the brown ones. :confused3 I knew the iridescent taffeta did look a little different sometimes depending on the light, but it was pretty drastic in that one store, you would never even think it was gray. I do like the idea of tea length, I think it's cute and fun, but I'm starting to think maybe a long dress would be better, unless it's a really fancy short one. We're going to have all the guys in tuxes, so I don't want the girls to look too casual. We do definitely have time, the stores told me it only takes three months to come in and the wedding is next August, so no worries on that end at least!

I'll definitely be posting that soon, me and DF were really excited about the final product and our little printer (free by rebate when I got my mac) did a great job!

that is crazy how they look different with the lighting. i think long dresses can be formal or non-formal. my worry is how is the weather at the time of your wedding? would it be too hott for long dresses? or too short for cold weather.

It was really bad, I could deal with them looking more blue, but looking brown? And even my mom thought they were brown, she was like, oh it's the same color as your garbage can, it isn't my garbage can is a espresso brown, but it was disturbing that she thought that! :eek:

It will be really hot, it's going to be mid August. But DF definitely wants the guys in black tuxes. We'll mostly be inside though, so I think if I picked a lightweight long dress they would be okay. Maybe just a silky satin, chiffon or something like that. Taffeta is definitely out though, I can't deal with the two tone color stress :rotfl:

That is so odd that they look so different in the different lighting...it is a good thing you caught that now!!! If you are really unhappy, and you can still change, I would definitely consider it! I personally like brown, but if it wasn't what you were going for, it won't really work.

I like the length of the dress as it is posted, but I think it would look nice any length!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter