Running, running as fast as I can, do you think I’ll make it? – A Jan 2014 PTR - New!

YAY...flight booked! :yay::yay::yay: Now to make a final decision on the room!

Backstory: During September I was going to go to Disney under the free dining package and stay at POR. Unfortunately, I also got selected to have federal jury duty service during this time period. :scared1: I had chosen that weekend; because Southwest was having a deal with fares being 35% Wanna Get Away fares, so coming back on one of the days listed was only $65! I postponed the package to November of 2014 to get something booked I can do W&D Half and cancelled the SW flight so I have a credit. After looking at the flights I decided to use my travel credit to fly down on Wednesday, January 8th and fly back on Tuesday, January 14th. I picked a later non-stop flight on Wednesday so I can work half a day at work if the weather is okay and not have to use a vacation day.:thumbsup2

So my flight is booked and after applying the travel credits, which in my mind is done and paid for, I only had to pay an additional $40 for my flight!:cool1:

Now to decide whether to get a room only or use the package that I postponed and move it up into January.:scratchin

Woot woot!!! so glad your flights were booked! i'm so jealous!!!

I am a huge steak fan and it's so good. There is a glass opening where they have a butcher on staff cutting up steaks and you can see them aging, its really neat!
Lisa would just be in heaven!
:rotfl2:

Man I get busy at work, I pop in to see what's going on and got quite the laugh seeing both of you posting back and forth. Another DIS connection at work. :lmao: Hopefully things will settle down this weekend and I can post another update about my plans! :woohoo:

Plus I love decked out the house in Disney decorations for Halloween so I have some photos to share from that too!

I already knew you were a special lady, that just confirmed it when Tammie spoke so highly of you. :goodvibes

And WHERE are those pics...popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

:woohoo::yay::woohoo: YEA for getting the flights booked and paid for such a great deal! I LOVE IT when things come together. :thumbsup2

YAY...flight booked! :yay::yay::yay: Now to make a final decision on the room!

Woot woot!!! so glad your flights were booked! i'm so jealous!!!

I'm so happy to have my flight settled. I just figured out my room decision with some funny Disney math. Wait until you hear about it! :grouphug:

I already knew you were a special lady, that just confirmed it when Tammie spoke so highly of you. :goodvibes

And WHERE are those pics...popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

:woohoo::yay::woohoo: YEA for getting the flights booked and paid for such a great deal! I LOVE IT when things come together. :thumbsup2

LOL. Tammie is a sweetheart, after the Boston Marathon bombings, she wrote me a message to make sure myself and my family were safe. I watched the marathon, but from Mile 16, far away from the craziness. Photos coming up just for you!:flower3:

Wait until you hear about the crazy deal I got for a room! You must have been sending some pixie dust my way. pixiedust:

Pumpkin Carving, Last year was Phineas, Ferb, & Perry, the year before was Puss in Boots, and the year before that was Mickey Mouse. This year?......

Can you tell what it is?

Now?

Outside on the step

Pumpkin template

Window

Mickey Pumpkin decoration

Funny selfie with Halloween ears

I'm so glad that you and Tammie have each other for support. I'm saddened by the friendships that parted way. You know I don't know the first thing about running or running styles. I think it's great that you run and finish! I now understand about sweepers, and I know I'd be swept away. Congrats on the flight, $40 more is pretty good. Never been to Yachtsman Steakhouse but hear wonderful things about eating there. Those pumpkins look great!

LOL. Tammie is a sweetheart, after the Boston Marathon bombings, she wrote me a message to make sure myself and my family were safe. I watched the marathon, but from Mile 16, far away from the craziness. Photos coming up just for you!:flower3:

Wait until you hear about the crazy deal I got for a room! You must have been sending some pixie dust my way. pixiedust:

I know MANY of us were worried about you after the Marathon bombings, so thankful you were not in the midst of the tragedy. So thankful for Tammie caring for you and your family.

I can't wait to hear about the room choice/deal! :thumbsup2:goodvibes:thumbsup2 You deserve some pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

LOVED the halloween photos, you did a fabulous job on Tiana, and she TOTALLY looks like herself. :worship: Loved her "all lit up". Cute, pouty selfie, those ears are so pretty. and I am in love with your blowup/lightup pumpkin. Looks as if you were in the holiday zone. :goodvibes

I did not do anything that any normal human being would not do (although I have been told I am :hyper::eek: (CRAZY)...I was concerned for you. I need that you were really immersing yourself in running, so I imagined you might take in part of the race.

Love the Halloween pumpkin, and I knew exactly who it was! Great job!

Can't wait to hear about the deal you found! :worship::worship: YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF DISNEY RESEARCH!

I'm so glad that you and Tammie have each other for support. I'm saddened by the friendships that parted way. You know I don't know the first thing about running or running styles. I think it's great that you run and finish! I now understand about sweepers, and I know I'd be swept away. Congrats on the flight, $40 more is pretty good. Never been to Yachtsman Steakhouse but hear wonderful things about eating there. Those pumpkins look great!

Hi Michelle! Thanks for joining along. Because of the fear of the sweepers a lot of people find a 10k or multiple 10ks to run before the deadline to get a time in and hope to not be in the last corral. There is always the 5ks which they don't really time to start off in. It took my mom almost an hour to walk 2 miles in February. That left me at the finish line worrying what happened to her. Nothing of course, except meeting a nice gentleman and talking to him the whole way. :lmao: I shouldn't have worried.

I know MANY of us were worried about you after the Marathon bombings, so thankful you were not in the midst of the tragedy. So thankful for Tammie caring for you and your family.

I can't wait to hear about the room choice/deal! :thumbsup2:goodvibes:thumbsup2 You deserve some pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

LOVED the halloween photos, you did a fabulous job on Tiana, and she TOTALLY looks like herself. :worship: Loved her "all lit up". Cute, pouty selfie, those ears are so pretty. and I am in love with your blowup/lightup pumpkin. Looks as if you were in the holiday zone. :goodvibes

Since the Pats have a bye week, I finally have time to do a hotel update for you! I found that blowup Mickey pumpkin in Walgreens a couple years ago. I have a Mickey ornament one for Christmas. Speaking of which I might want to think about digging that out!

I did not do anything that any normal human being would not do (although I have been told I am :hyper::eek: (CRAZY)...I was concerned for you. I need that you were really immersing yourself in running, so I imagined you might take in part of the race.

Love the Halloween pumpkin, and I knew exactly who it was! Great job!

Can't wait to hear about the deal you found! :worship::worship: YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF DISNEY RESEARCH!

It was appreciated none the less. I was on my way home and stopped to grab a pizza and got a call from my bf telling me to go straight home there was a bombing. It felt very unreal to me, until I couldn't get a hold of people cause everyone was calling everyone. Don't get me started on how close to work things ended up!

I'm glad you like the pumpkin, I felt like I have to keep up the crazy pumpkins year after year. I was almost going to do a Darth Vader one this year. But I liked this template better.

This was one of those once of a lifetime deals I found which I could not repeat if I tried. And I did try to make sure I didn't mess anything up and I can't try to book what I did if I wanted to anymore!:cool1:

Now that I had my flights booked, I might want to find a place to stay! I had a package reservation that I postponed that was for three nights for 2 adults at a mod resort with free dining that I could use, but I was hoping to use for a trip later in 2014. So I started off looking at what resorts had availability at full price and what that would cost. Then I checked out what rooms I could book with the room only discount, out of the three resorts I was considering, Pop, POFQ, and POR, only Pop and POR had availability. POR only had Royal Rooms available. I booked a room only discount while it was available.

Then I got to thinking :scratchin :scratchin what if I could get that package reservation to cover my entire stay or most of my stay with the Play, Stay, and Dine deal? Once again I found rooms at both Pop and POR with that deal. Pop was not that much more than what I had already paid on the postponed trip with upgrading to DDP. I figured out that the dining plan under the Play, Stay, and Dine would cost me about $300 once I deducted what the discounted room only price was and the ticket. Could I make that value up on the meals I’m planning?:confused3

Last weekend I visited the Disney World site and checked out the Special Offers and found a new deal that was in my time frame, The Little Ones package. I configured the same package with the Little Ones package that I was thinking with Play, Stay, and Dine.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

It was cheaper than the Play, Stay, and Dine deal for the same exact thing!:cheer2::yay::dance3::cool1: Now instead of the dining plan costing about $300, it would only cost $170! :cheer2::dance3::yay::cool1:Not only that, but it was less than the package I had already paid for and would be getting a refund from Disney! I quickly called and got the package I postponed moves up to January and transferred into the Little Ones package!
I can’t wait!

Thank you to those who gave me good pixiedust: for my hotel plans. ;):grouphug:

As long as I don't have to get in the middle of Funny Disney Math (especially the kind that you can only do when you are speculating on what Disney might offer for months on end)...LOL. I am so glad you found an offer that works for you! And a savings of almost 40 Mickey Bars...great deal!

Tink so glad you followed me over! I am also deeply saddened by the friendships lost....but you know God closed one door and opens another.

Tink so glad you followed me over! I am also deeply saddened by the friendships lost....but you know God closed one door and opens another.

This is very true Tammie. It is always sad when friendships are lost; however, often times it IS for the best. :hug::hug:

Now that I had my flights booked, I might want to find a place to stay! I had a package reservation that I postponed that was for three nights for 2 adults at a mod resort with free dining that I could use, but I was hoping to use for a trip later in 2014. So I started off looking at what resorts had availability at full price and what that would cost. Then I checked out what rooms I could book with the room only discount, out of the three resorts I was considering, Pop, POFQ, and POR, only Pop and POR had availability. POR only had Royal Rooms available. I booked a room only discount while it was available.

Then I got to thinking :scratchin :scratchin what if I could get that package reservation to cover my entire stay or most of my stay with the Play, Stay, and Dine deal? Once again I found rooms at both Pop and POR with that deal. Pop was not that much more than what I had already paid on the postponed trip with upgrading to DDP. I figured out that the dining plan under the Play, Stay, and Dine would cost me about $300 once I deducted what the discounted room only price was and the ticket. Could I make that value up on the meals I’m planning?:confused3

Last weekend I visited the Disney World site and checked out the Special Offers and found a new deal that was in my time frame, The Little Ones package. I configured the same package with the Little Ones package that I was thinking with Play, Stay, and Dine.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

It was cheaper than the Play, Stay, and Dine deal for the same exact thing!:cheer2::yay::dance3::cool1: Now instead of the dining plan costing about $300, it would only cost $170! :cheer2::dance3::yay::cool1:Not only that, but it was less than the package I had already paid for and would be getting a refund from Disney! I quickly called and got the package I postponed moves up to January and transferred into the Little Ones package!
I can’t wait!

Thank you to those who gave me good pixiedust: for my hotel plans. ;):grouphug:

BETSY!!! I read this the other day when i was tired and thought I couldn't get it because I was tired, NOPE, I just can't get it....BUT! Yea for an amazing deal! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo: I am so happy for you and I am always happy when money is saved and good deals are made! And I REALLY love when it results in a refund! SCORE!!!!

As long as I don't have to get in the middle of Funny Disney Math (especially the kind that you can only do when you are speculating on what Disney might offer for months on end)...LOL. I am so glad you found an offer that works for you! And a savings of almost 40 Mickey Bars...great deal!

Mmmmm Mickey bars! I might have to try your ice cream for breakfast treat in Disney this trip.

BETSY!!! I read this the other day when i was tired and thought I couldn't get it because I was tired, NOPE, I just can't get it....BUT! Yea for an amazing deal! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo: I am so happy for you and I am always happy when money is saved and good deals are made! And I REALLY love when it results in a refund! SCORE!!!!

I took a photo of my funny Disney math that I sent over to Tammie, but I didn't want to post the exact numbers and cost on here. Hopefully if I describe the process I used it would make more sense. The Play, Stay, and Dine was more expensive than the Vacation with Little Ones package staying in a value resort. The package includes room, park tickets, and dining plan. I took the less expensive package and subtracted the price of the park ticket. Park ticket prices are a set price and wouldn't change. Then I took what was left over and subtracted the price of the same type of room with the room only discount. The price left over is what the dining plan would cost me. Hopefully that makes better sense.

Or you can try my math equation:
Room, Ticket, Dining Plan = Package
- Ticket
Room, Dining Plan
- Room (using discounted price)
Cost of Dining Plan

Thanksgiving I drove up to my parent's place in Vermont on Tuesday, I was supposed to drive up on Wednesday, but my super nice boss let me go up a day early.:thumbsup2 It probably had something to do with all the extra work I've done recently. Thanksgiving was nice, it was my parents and some family drove up. They left and my mom and I headed to Walmart since Vermont doesn't have Blue Laws. I picked up Monsters University and the Little Mermaid on Blu-ray, and then we waited in line to check out and headed home.

Friday, I dropped my car off to get some new tires and all fixed up and my mom and I hit up a couple Black Friday deals. Nothing crazy since I'd have to pay for the new tires. I was planning on leaving Vermont on Sunday, but decided to leave yesterday instead. :drive:

Judy, I must be taking over your lucky streak with cars because this happened to one of my new tires on my way home, about 1 hr 20 min away from my house / 1 hr 50 minutes from my parents house.:furious:

Yeah, so that was fun and something I'll have to take care of tomorrow. After 2 State Troopers and myself changed my tire, I had to drive about 10 miles to a 24 hr gas station to put air in the tires. Aren't new tires suppose to come filled with air? I thought that was part of the deal of paying for new tires. :worried: After that shake up I decided to avoid the highways with the spare and take some back roads, which was a little slower and let myself calm down and continue on my way. I eventually made it home safely, but I can't wait to talk to a person and not a voice mail to tell my displeasure that these tires were on for about 36 hours and less than 200 miles and this happened.

In other words Judy, you shouldn't be having any more car issues. :rotfl:

But NEXT MONTH I get to go to Disney!

Glad you are safe...that does not look like it would have been fun at all! Thank goodness for help changing the tires!

YAY...Disney in 1 month!

Betsy, I thought I responded about yout horrible Thanksgiving troubles. :hug: Praying thingss are better this holiday. Your trip is so close!! :woohoo:

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers.​

So the location I got my tire replaced paid to get me a new tire, not without some fighting. They were trying to say that I ran over something and it was a road hazard which would void the warranty, but lucky me they will take care of it. And because my car is after 2006 I have a tire pressure indicator in my car. #1 I'm 99% sure I didn't run over anything and #2 my car was made in Canada and does not have a tire pressure indicator.:furious: So frustrating!

While I was home for Thanksgiving I was looking up Masters programs and decided to apply for an online program in my field. I had two weeks to pull everything together, but I got it together and got in. Now to figure out how to pay for it.:rotfl: I start classes when I get home from WDW. I can't wait to advance myself and move out of my current position.

I also had my sister and parents around for Christmas, which was stressful in getting the house ready and now having to find everything I put away to start packing. Which means I decided to clean out our spare room, which is our junk room. Why did I decide to do this when I need to be packing?

And to top it all off? I'm currently at home during a blizzard. 12 - 15" of snow, just as long as it stays away from me heading to WDW.

Disney plans coming up next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter