Run Disney take 2... PHM 2015

When you call , ask if the tickets expire. I know normal tickets don't if you do not activate them.... But for some reason I want to think rd tickets are only good for so many days surrounding the race. I could and probably am completely wrong. I have never used rd tickets... So I am not sure why or how I got the idea that they are only good for specific days.

I still have to call, I was actually hearing that they don't offer RD tickets anymore either :confused3 so I do want to find out everything I can!

You may be able to find some beans at the grocery store- but I have not seen hb chews in grocery stores. Well- I have in one... And that one had a natural food section and it was there. Usually though the waffles or other brands are just at running stores.

Well I shop at stop and shop, Whole Foods and BJ's so I will take a look. If not Sunday K said he'd watch the kids while I go get fitted at the run store a few towns away! I also have to stop somewhere to pick up a pair of sneakers for Damien during all of my running around, how does this kid go through so many shoes?!?!?!

Sounds like you are working hard to figure out what works for you and what does not. That is awesome! Glad your week ended on a good note. I hope this week goes well and tomorrow brings the news you are hoping for!!!

Thank you very much! Me too!

I only did the Half, I didn't do Glass Slipper, but I plan on doing that this year. =D

Oh, okay! I know that some people are going for the 5K, 10K and 1/2 I :worship: those ladies! I don't think that I could do all 3! Unless my little guy decides to then I guess I have too because my husband as skinny as he is has never run a day iin his life! Lucky!!!

As far as the RunDis tix vs. normal tix go, I don't think they were offering discounted park tix this year. :sad: I had originally booked with a discounted room for PHM, and my travel agent was offering a discount on park tix, but it had to be paid in full because it was connected with the Princess "discount" (my travel agent kept saying a lot of weird things, and eventually I canceled with her and rebooked with a new person). I eventually got the stay play and dine package anyway, which was a waaay better deal. There's rumors floating around that the days of discounted tix with the runs are over, so I guess we'll have to see on that. :/

Yeah I am going to talk to a travel agent and see what she says. I also have a friend that's a travel agent and she runs the princess for the last 3 years I think so I wanted to get her opinion too just to make sure I check my options!

As far as doing the parks before vs. after the run, you really really really need to know your body for that. For doing a run again (besides this next PHM, where I'm going by myself and making a weekend of it, with no park time), I would do all the parks after. We did this PHM with a couple before and a couple after, and it worked out ok...ish. I had positioned it like that, though, because when I ran my first 10k (6.2miles), I was SO sore for days. Then I upped my strength, and the next 10k I did, I bounced back the next day, no problem.

Actually I am a chicken and don't plan on going to the parks on Saturday or Sunday and if I went it would be Friday or Thursday. Monday I am as well planning to at least! I want to stay somewhere with a nice pool and spacious rooms, maybe a balcony just to really relax those days! And my silly little guy when he talks about Disney I always hear how he never got to swim in the pool! Ugh, all that money and he wanted to swim (mind you he was in swimming classes year round back home and we went to the indoor pool to swim at least 2 times a week)! My little Nemo, what am I going to do with that kid :rotfl2:

But doing it again, I would do all after, for these reasons:
-Before hand, you're watching what you're eating/drinking, makes the parks kinda boo.
-You're also worried about wearing yourself out, so walking alllll over made me nervous
-You're so focused on trying not to freak out about the race, that you don't really enjoy the parks
- The day of the race DO NOT schedule anything else. We planned a park day that day. We tried. It did not happen. (If the sun hadn't been beating down, maaaybe. But I felt awful for the 3 hours we tried to do MK)

You know, Ann was saying some of these too when we were talking on facebook the other day! She was saying I may be really tired before the race and everything so I think that I am really going to just take that week after... only thing is the awards dinner... augh... he likes going to that and seeing the faces that have been saved and the families of those that were lost and just letting loose with the other ambulance guys and it only happens once a year! Plus, it's a free night away from the kids :thumbsup2 so maybe I can stay with the family until Friday and then be home Saturday and go to the dinner that night? I don't know...

I loved Pop! But, we had a standard room with 2 beds (I'm pretty sure they were doubles, not queens. They were veeery small queens, if they were) and there wasn't a whole lot of breathing space, and it was just the 2.5 of us. If you're just looking for a place for your stuff/to sleep, then it's a great place. We had gone to Port Orlenes Riverside for our honeymoon and the room was huge, so when I got to Pop, I was a tiny bit disappointed in the space. But I guess you can't compare Moderate to Value.

I think that we had the same size beds you did when we stayed at All Star movies! My son loved it there with the HUGE characters! I had requested the toy story building because it was his favorite movie at the time and every night coming home he'd run over and still have energy to hop around on those gigantic toys! And we did just use the room to lay down and sleep and keep our stuff and shower- with that heat those showers were SO important :rolleyes:! If we go without my mother in law we are going to stay at POP, if she comes we will need a little bigger of a room so we will stay at a Moderate!
Out of curiousity, any interest in a roommate to cost split for the Marathon portion of the trip? I aaammm...sort of in the market for one. :rotfl:

Well I can't, because I will have my family, but if you ask on that other report most of them are going with just their daughter or alone so some of them may want to! I am trying to think of what Tammie or Debra are planning... I know that they aren't going with families and Debra may even be without her daughter she said so they may be good ones to ask! I am sorry, if I could ditch these guys i'd do it! Maybe if you go to another race alone I could because I KNOW we can't afford for all of them to come with me their all of the time and still make bills and save!

I'm following tammie's already, which one is Debra's? I'm not recognizing that name.

I'm following tammie's already, which one is Debra's? I'm not recognizing that name.

Well Debra is there too, you can see her picture on that index thing... you are talking about the cupcake PTR, right? I only realized she had 2 yesterday! Debra's screen name has the name Debra in it too! If you just mention it on that Cupcake forum you'd be commented back. I did mention it to Tammie and she said that after the registration I guess they will start talking about room mates and such so they know who will really be there and not! So just let them know that you want to be included :goodvibes they are pretty nice and I am sure that they would embrace you and be willing to split a room!

Sorry I didn't update this last night! I had all intentions and then when I was almost done getting caught up on another Maddie started to cry for bed and thank God I fell asleep with her around 8:30 because she slept through until around 3:30 and when she woke to eat she was burning up!!! 102.7!!! Scared as I was packing the diaper bag to get to the hospital K is giving her the tylenol and telling me to wait on it! An hour later she was fine- it was probably from the shots she had that day! So odd how different my kids are, my son never got sick from them! Anyway....

I have a love/hate relationship with this doctor! I went and saw her yesterday and had an echo cardiogram before going in to see her. So from that she said that my heart is bringing back what equals a little over 1/2 a cup back into the hear (a lot better than the over 1 cup while I was pregnant:yay:). And she likes the weight I have lost- less stress on the heart that's already working super hard! Her problem with clearing me was that she worries I will just go into cardiac arrest because the heart was not meant to have blood coming in through the pulmonary valve, let alone at the same time as the aortic. BUT she said that the jogging/walking/any cardio can help to strengthen the heart to better support what it had going on. BUT again I could also go the other way she kept saying! So we came to a compromise! This is the deal!

only 3 days a week I get to "run" and it's only a total of 10 minutes/day and only in 30 second intervals with at least 2:30 walk between to let my heart recover some. And it should be a slow jog, not a race to the finish. In a month I go back for a stress test so that she can see in a controlled environment how my heart reacts and maybe then she will help me to increase/decrease what her orders were. So not EXACTLY the information or news I wanted, but hey, it's better than hearing her say those 2 awful words for the 4th time "Bed Rest!"!!! So this is where I stand. Most likely I will have to have the open heart surgury to replace the valve in 2018 (or later if this works and it strengthens my heart-she does want to hold off on this as long as she can). But before then I am going to take her advice and "run" with it:lmao: I am in a no sleep silly mood today, pardon me!

Sorry it was not the answer you were perhaps looking for, but it sounds like a great compromise. And doing the intervals like that will be a great way to build endurance!!!

Sorry it was not the answer you were perhaps looking for, but it sounds like a great compromise. And doing the intervals like that will be a great way to build endurance!!!

That's right! At least I can run, not a complete downer!

Hi! Hi! I came over from the cupcake thread! I ran the PHM this year and will be running the GSC next year!

I would absolutely say to do your vacation AFTER the races. My feet hurt just from the one day before that we walked a lot, I cannot imagine doing the parks and then running. We did a few hours in MK on Saturday and then spent the afternoon at the pool.

I was sore (and hurting a LOT, painful race for me) after the race, but I think continuing to move helped me. I was at Disney and I wasn't going to miss anything, so I just kept going. I think it was worth it to have fresh legs for the race and then I could drink and eat to my heart's content (which I could not do before the race when I was trying to hydrate and prepare).

Glad to be following your journey!

OVER IT (WINK) love you...thanks for understanding...I am in such a better place than I was a month ago...thanks for being there! I can't wait to see what kind of trip you plan this time around. And I want some movie nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter