Run Disney take 2... PHM 2015

Monknmom

DIS Veteran
As the title states, this is my 2nd time trying to get to a run Disney event! The first time I was doing really great! I started training I think the end of October, early November for the the TOT 2013 with a group of ladies I had met on here, but my plans didn't agree with what was happening inside of me! In February I started getting really sick to the point I think I went to the E.R. 3 times that month and they couldn't figure out what was going wrong with me! All they kept telling me was I had caught the stomach flu or food poisoning! I was losing weight, but not terribly fast, I was also feeling great so why was my body fighting me???

Well my sister in law and all of our family thought that she was really pregnant! I was with her when she took the test and as a joke (only because we really thought she was) I also took a test and switched it with hers :sad2:! Turns out I was pregnant! The hospital never checked because I made it very clear that I was very very on top of my birth control, but according to my OB that doesn't matter when you are losing weight and increasing exercise! Who knew :lmao:! So needless to say, instead of going to Disney for a race I was blessed with a little princess princess: that I wouldn't trade for anything else! And just because I love that little one so much here's a picture of her when she was born! She was born just so alert and calm! Hopefully it lasts:rotfl:

This trip report is to just keep the details for my family and some of my training! I am part of another PTR that includes the information for the group meet ups! And the run and everything!

The Who....

Kaung and Heather

Yep, that's me and my hubby at the awards and thank you dinner for the ambulance company that he volunteers for ;). We will be married 10 years as of July, we were high school sweat hearts that met at work, not school!

Kaung- He is 28 right now and will be 29 on the trip! He never really knew Disney! He came from a country called Burma and they more so worried about not getting into trouble with the government than sunshine and Mickey! We went in 2011 around Christmas time and he loved it! If I ask him he says it's okay, when others ask he has a mouth full to talk to them about! In fact when I mentioned going to the race on my own and having someone come help him with the kids for the 4 days he said "NO WAY!!!" his exact words! He is an electrician for a company that mostly does work out in the Hamptons, but is trying to start up his own company in the next year or so! He is a great worker and his boss has offered him partner instead of leaving, so all of these choices are in his future :cheer2:. His favorite ride at Disney is kali River Rapids, favorite park is Hollywood Studios, and he won't say his favorite character, but I say Grumpy :rolleyes2

Heather- I am 28 and will be 29 right before the trip! I grew up with a mom that wasn't that great, but she LOVED Disney! So in turn I knew all the songs, movies, characters, and so on! I went to Disney once as a child in 1998 and can't remember most of it, but some parts that I do are good memories! I am a stay at home mom and I feel very lucky that I am able to be! I would like to go back to school (another thing put on hold when my sister in law came out of the bathroom with my positive test) for human services. I would like to be a Child Protective Service worker. I have so so many favorite rides at Disney, my favorite park is Magic Kingdom though, and my favorite character of all time is Winnie the Pooh!

Damien

That little man in the middle is my handsome little monkey, Damien! This is a picture of my mother in law, Lily (she may come on the trip, that's still up in the air) and my father in law, Nyi Nyi at my sister in law's wedding!

Damien-This little guy is 9 now, but will be 10 (considered an adult :scared: by Disney)! He will always be my little baby! Even though we were super young, this little guy was sorta kinda planned! He loves knowledge, anything that teaches him he loves! Also, he loves legos! He is not very socialble, but makes up for that in the love he has for everyone he meets, whether he talks to you or not he will remember you and will have a ton of love for you! BUT will never show it- he is just like his dad :rolleyes:! His favorite ride is kali River Rapids, favorite park is Animal Kingdom, and his favorite character is lego, wait, that's not a character... It's Simba!

Lily (my mother in law-just in case)- Augh, what can I say about this lady? She really is very nice and sweet, but when she wants to be she can be extremely over dramatic which in turn annoys me! I always tell her if you don't want to do something tell me you don't want to do it, don't pretend to have a headache or say yes and then make up a story that you are sick! Which is another thing, I take her to all of her doctor appointments and go inside with her because she doesn't speak English very well. There is nothing wrong with her! BUT for some reason her and my older sister in law always 'have something wrong' when they don't want to do something or attention is taken off of them! I love them both to death and would do anything for them and for the most part trust them with my kids, but I don't like when people beat around the bush! It causes unnecessary frustration and distrust! So even though she keeps telling me she is going I put it in the back of my mind because she always cancels at the last minute. Otherwise, she is very kind and loves her grand kids very much! When I was pregnant I couldn't stand the thought of food let alone the smell of food so she had made me this Burmese chicken soup with rice that was so yummy, plus she would also cook something for Kaung and Damien to eat so that I didn't have to worry about them! And rather than making me drive she would have my little brother in law, older sister in law, my father in law or my husband go pick it up if I didn't see her that day! She has also cooked for my grandfather and his wife when she had something she wanted them to try. Also, she really really tries to respect my religion by not telling Damien there is no God or anything and she also respects my Holidays and they all celebrate them with us! She really doesn't know what Disney is, she saw our pictures from the trip and it looks wonderful to her, but other than pictures she just doesn't know and can't really picture anything like it! The highlight of their country is the pagodas that are all over! I don't really think she has ever been to an amusement park or anything... wait, that's a mistake, she came with Damien and I to a small amusement park for a trick or treating event one year, but she didn't go on any rides or play the games! So with that she doesn't have a favorite anything just yet! During the next few months I will try to pick her up if we do movie nights so that she can get to know a little. She doesn't drink so I can't even say that she will like Epcot, although she loves to travel, so maybe she will really enjoy the world showcase! She is going to Burma in April to visit my husband's grandmother so I will see how she does then. For some reason she rarely "gets sick" or has headaches when she travels! If she does come I will have to look into getting her a power wheel chair because there is no way she can walk the parks if she couldn't walk Rockefeller Center!

Madeline

And that is Miss Maddie on her 4 month old birthday just a couple of days ago! She is growing so fast!

Madeline- our little surprise, she is already full of personality! She is pretty good, other than what we call her cranky time (around 8-9 pm). She has been sleeping about 7-8 hours a night since she was about a month-month and a half, HUGE difference from my son that woke to nurse every 2 hours until about 7 months! She is a very happy baby and has so far hit all of her milestones either before or on time! We are so lucky to have received her, I never thought I could love anyone as much as I loved my little monkey, Damien, but I know now that I can! Since she can't know yet she has no favorite things, but she does love to stare at a Boo doll someone gave to her when she was born!

Emily

Emily- she is our 2 year old puppy, going to be 3 when we go. We adopted her as a puppy from North Shore Animal League and it has been a headache and a Godsend all at once! I know it's weird to put a dog into a report, but she actually may come with us! It's either her who we will check in at the Pluto Hotel (is that the name?) or it's my mother in law... okay stop laughing I do not mean anything mean by that! My husband is against bringing her all of the way down with us, but I love her so much and she loves us so much I worry that anyone will take care of her for the 2 weeks while we are gone too well. And she will miss us! At least if she's in Disney with us she can have visits from us! When we went last time my brother in law watched her and that was a HUGE mistake!!!! I bet if she could talk her favorite character would be Goofy since she is Goofy herself! Plus, she is going to be mentioned on my walks and runs sometimes. And just because she was so cute as a little miss, here's another of her Goofy self! See the leaf in her mouth?

And that's us! Our little family including our fur daughter! I hope that you enjoy our ups and downs and twists and turns as I attempt another race while the boys enjoy the parks again, Maddie meets Mickey for her first time and Emily may be able to come too!

This is a little tricky for me to really tell yet! I was born with a pulmonic valve disorder and the solution my parents chose for me as an infant has led to problems for me as an adult! My pulmonary valve leaks blood back into the heart, causing the heart to work double. When I got pregnant that made it much worse because of the increased blood flow from pregnancy. I see my cardiologist on March 11th to have an echo cardiogram, EKG and a check up. If she clears me- which I feel great, so I am really hoping for- then I can start with this plan. If not, then I have to hear what she says and take it from there!

So this is it....
I have started to just walk
Next week (after the appt.) I plan on starting up with this walk/run program from the internet. I have downloaded an app that lets you choose the time you run and walk and just lets you know when to do each! So I plan on doing that. It's going to be like Jeff Galloway and C25K all together! When I am done with this I plan on starting another similar routine that will get me to a 10K, then another for a 1/2 marathon. After that I am going to just keep track of miles I am doing per day and the time it takes me. I am hoping that by the time I get to the marathon weekend I will have about an 11-10 minute pace so that I will have a cushion to stop for photos and potty breaks without worrying about being swept! Honestly, I just want to have a good time! I am doing this to get to Disney again (bonus that my husband actually wanted to come again) and feel that accomplishment! I rarely do things for myself, everything is always what's best for the kids, husband or Emily- not that I mind, I love them with all of my heart and would never change anything- but I'd like to have something that I am Heather and I did it on my own :cool1:

So, thoughts, ideas, input anyone? I am always open for suggestions!

This is also up in the air! I am not sure if we should go as a family trip the week before or the week after the race!

Here are the pros and cons for going the week before-
PROS-
-I won't be as tired and sore as I will be after the race
-I will be able to just get all of the park tickets on one band rather than buying some from RD (run Disney) and some from a package the week after
-My kids (mostly Damien since Madeline won't know what she's missing) will be content just staying at the pool most of the day instead of hurrying to get to the parks.
-Damien will have had 2 weeks off rather than if we go the week after he will have a week of school between the mid-winter recess and vacation

CONS-
-With hitting the parks before I may be tired from the races!
-Damien will have had 2 weeks off rather than if we go the week after he will have a week of school between the mid-winter recess and vacation *Yes, a pro and a con at once :rotfl:*
-My son will once again be wanting to jump in the pool everyday and I will want to take advantage of the park time!
-we will have to have a park day on a week day since I like to have 4 full days for the parks.
-I worry I will be sleep deprived before the races! I look like this guy :furious: when i haven't had good sleep!

Here are the pros and cons for going the week after-
PROS-
-My little boy fish will be all pooled out :)
-I can eat what I want and be able to "walk out the kinks" that I gained in the races rather than sitting and getting sore from not moving after them.
-we will be all rested up and not sleep deprived by the time we get to the parks!
-According to a friend of mine they usually have room discounts the week after the race which is always a plus because according to FDM we can then stay at a moderate for about what we'd pay for a value!

CONS-
-We will have to rush back to home for the awards dinner for the ambulance company.
-we will have to have RD park tickets for the first half of the trip and then the magic bands for the second half.

And I know that there are many, many, more but I cannot think of them right now!

The Where-

For the protion of the trip with the race (Thursday, February 19th-Sunday, February 22nd) we plan on spending the majority of our time in the pools and relaxing! I am going to be doing the glass slipper challenge and my kids are going to do the races for their age groups (I think Maddie is 100 M dash and Damien will be 1 mile). So I wanted to stay somewhere nice and roomy. Just somewhere comfy to rest and relax and enjoy, you don't really get that at the values! So I have been looking at renting points from someone to do this! At first I was thinking Boardwalk, but my son is scared of clowns! Then I was thinking the Beach Club with storm along bay if everything goes my way I would book there! BUT of course, money raises an issue! So I have to sit down with my husband and go over prices and pictures (he doesn't read about the hotel he just looks at pictures-typical guy :rotfl2:).

For the part of the trip we are going to be spending lots of time in the parks we decided to just stay at a value again. Last time we stayed at AsMo and when we hotel hopped to Grand Floridian my son said to us "other than that Gingerbread house, we have a MUCH better hotel!" of course he was only seeing all of the HUGE statues we have at our hotel compared to the adult side of the Floridian. So we figure, if it was good enough then it's good enough now! We do however plan on staying a a different one, I hear POP is nice, so I will see about that! If we do go the week after and there is a room discount then I am thinking we will stay at Caribbean Beach Resort with a pirate room-again these are my plans, not yet truly discussed with my husband only mentioned in passing while I was either handing him food or he was deeply immersed in a video game:lmao:!

Again, all of this is subject to the doctor's orders, but for the first one I can just walk!

I want to try to get a race done once a month, even if it's just walking it like the first one :goodvibes I am a person that if I don't keep getting reminded of it I forget to do it! Just look at TR's and PTR's of my past! Now I have an Iphone though and can keep up :yay:

Anyway, so these are the races I am planning on so far!

St. Patrick's Go for the Green 5K and fun run in Smithtown, NY 3/22
_registered
_completed
*For this one I do plan on walking it just to get a feel of what a 5K is all about. When Damien is done with chores I will ask him about doing the fun run, I want to include my little man whenever I can:love:

Jigsaw 4 Mile Run/Walk for Autism at the East Islip marina, NY 4/27
_registered
_completed
*I found this and knew it would be good, my son has Asperger's so it will be nice to be around others that you don't have to explain things to!

*There is a Zombie race going on the beginning of May very close to my house, but after listening to a few people tell me about injuries and dangers I am not sure we are going to do it.... it's still up in the air!

Color Run Queens, NY 5/31
_registered
_completed
*This is more so just for fun with Damien and to round out the 5K's for me since I should be running 10K's to practice after this!

The 35th annual Shelter Island Run on Shelter Island, NY 6/21
_registered
_completed
*My first 10K! This is a beautiful island that is right off the coast of Long Island and considered Long Island! When Kaung has jobs here I always tag along to tour the island while he works! There are tons of little alcoves to enjoy the beach at privately and it's not illegal to just park and get in the water to swim!

*I have to wait on July because it is our 10 year anniversary and we planned on going out of state. I don't see many 10K's in NY during that month so I will have to see if I can convince Kaung to travel somewhere near a race I can run! if not I guess a break or I can look for a smaller race! This is also the month I will sign up for the Princess 1/2 and 10K run, otherwise known as the glass slipper challenge!

10K Dirty Sock race Babylon, NY 8/17
_registered
_completed
*I am not sure about this one... when talking to a lady down the block from me she said that she likes it! It's different and it is timed even though you really are running in your socks! To me that does not sound fun at all! So I very much so have to think about this!

*After this I have to start looking into races that are going to be able to count for the Princess POT (proof of time). Right now I don't have time to do this, so I will have to come back to it sometime this week!

I know that this is supposed to be for me, but I am going to sign Damien up for the Healthy Kids Running Series starting in April! He has talked to me about running and likes running so I think this will be great for him! He can learn things early that I am just learning and maybe I can learn from it as well! This is the description:
"The Healthy Kids Running Series is a non-profit youth running program started by the Pattison Sports Group to provide kids with a positive, educational, and fun experience in the world of running. To combat the increasing rates of child obesity in America, the Healthy Kids Running Series offers a running program that motivates kids to be healthy and active and provides a fun environment to improve children's self-esteem. Healthy Kids Running Series encourages kids to adopt a "Get Up and Go" attitude.Event schedule and times The Healthy Kids Running Series is a five week running program for kids Pre-K to 8th grade. Each Race Series takes place once a week and offers running events such as the 50 yard dash, the 1/4 mile, the 1/2 mile and the 1-mile run. Kids will compete each week of the Series based on their grade level. Score is kept, but the goal is to help kids improve their times every week and have fun!"

So with that I am pretty excited to start! i said this in another post somewhere and can't remember where :confused3, but I feel like I know what my 4 month old feels! She wants to go so bad to either reach something or go just somewhere and she can't because she can't walk or crawl yet, just squirm during tummy time and bounce when we hold her in a standing position! It stinks when you have determination and can't do something! Maybe I make the same face as her when she's trying her hardest! Maybe it's my karma for laughing at her determined face, but how can you not? She really wanted that cake!

I'm here and subscribing! I have a question - can you not link your Run Disney tickets to your Magic Bands?

Yay, subbing!

I just did the PHM 2014 (in the middle of the TR for that. :D ) and I'm hoping to do PHM 2015 as well!

Great intro, BTW!

I hope your doctor appointment goes well and she releases you!

I think you have all the pros and cons of when to go pretty well laid out. Lots to consider though...

Your race plans look fun. I know that this is meant to be for you... but I think it is great that you are looking to include Damien!

I'm here and subscribing! I have a question - can you not link your Run Disney tickets to your Magic Bands?

Thank you! :wizard:Welcome! I had asked this question in another forum a few days ago and I kept getting told no, but I don't understand why they wouldn't.... I guess it's 2 different entities- run Disney is one and Disney is another? I want to call and ask them about it because it will affect when we would stay too! I loose track of things quick!

Yay, subbing!

I just did the PHM 2014 (in the middle of the TR for that. :D ) and I'm hoping to do PHM 2015 as well!

Oh, excellent! Thank you, so you can offer tips too :banana:! I have to go over and read that! Did you do the glass slipper challenge?

Great intro, BTW!

I hope your doctor appointment goes well and she releases you!

I think you have all the pros and cons of when to go pretty well laid out. Lots to consider though...

Your race plans look fun. I know that this is meant to be for you... but I think it is great that you are looking to include Damien!

Thank you!
I do too, talk about cliff hangers, this doctor is the queen of them! But, just 2 more days and I feel quit fine so I am sure that it's good, it's just reassurance I guess?

Yeah, I have talked to K and he's typical guy "whatever, you are the one going to be tired"!

Thank you! Yeah, I think that he can be my little racing buddy~ I just have to get him to move faster :headache:... on our last 2 walks it's like he's on a tour or something "oh, well that looks nice", "Look, they have the same swing set" I mean I love the kid, but he has no focus yet! BUT I am not giving up on him! During the week when it gets dark early it's pretty hard to get anything in with him in the evening because he gets home at 4-4:15 and I am starting dinner already! He had to put everything on hold because of the pregnancy not going well and now Maddie is too young to go out. So now that she's 4 months, I am going to enroll him in swimming again and possibly baseball if he really wants it! He is not a very active person though :rolleyes:
By the way, I listened to you guys today before heading out for a 3 mile walk with them and I did good! I made sure I had the carbs and protein and water, during the walk I had the dried cherries! I came home and I felt fine! No light headedness or anything so I am thinking maybe I had low blood sugar or something? I am not sure... I want to try some of the other stuff I have it on the grocery list for Wednesday!

Thank all of you ladies for being here! I love it and would love all of the advice you have to offer too!!!!

Thank you! :wizard:Welcome! I had asked this question in another forum a few days ago and I kept getting told no, but I don't understand why they wouldn't.... I guess it's 2 different entities- run Disney is one and Disney is another? I want to call and ask them about it because it will affect when we would stay too! I loose track of things quick!

I see a place on My Disney Experience where you can add park tickets by "ticket number" to your Magic Bands, so I'm hoping that we will be able to go in and enter the numbers the day we check in as soon as we have tickets, then start adding FP+.

I see a place on My Disney Experience where you can add park tickets by "ticket number" to your Magic Bands, so I'm hoping that we will be able to go in and enter the numbers the day we check in as soon as we have tickets, then start adding FP+.

I am pretty sure that this is the way it would work. If you had those numbers pre trip you could enter them then. Kinda like when I renewed my AP, I was given a number to manually enter in... So I think the other tickets would be similar.

So that means if I go for the week after the race then I will get the tickets for run Disney and can add them to the magic band they send? I am so confused! Thinking of calling today when Madeline wakes from her morning nap. Oh man, to be a baby and have naps... what a life:cloud9:

Sounds like your walk went much better! That is AWESOME :thumbsup2

Yes it was a lot better, thank you! I am going to try some of the stuff (beans and chews and such) you mentioned when I go to the grocery store on Wednesday! I do need something to keep me going and keep my blood sugar up! I think that may have been the problem! Last time I just went all out and didn't eat or anything before/during/after so I'd like to get in the good habits this time!

I like the idea of putting them in one week form. This week I just got back out to do some walks! Tomrrow (Tuesday) I start the *hopefully* run/walk training to the 5 K! This week was more so just to warm up!

Thursday 3/6- I walked exactly 1 mile with Emily and Madeline and I did that in 21:04. Not too bad since Emily was all over the place (her first walk "protecting" her baby!) and I was using the jogging stroller for the first time so I was trying to get used to it! I didn't eat or anything before the walk, I did have water though and I got rather shaky when I got back! I had to gulp down some orange juice and eat a couple chocolate covered acai berries while waiting for the toast to be done. Not doing that again!

Friday- I spent asking questions, looking things up and so on!

Saturday 3/8- I had Damien (my sightseer), Madeline and Emily for a 1.62 mile walk, our pace was 27:46 which was HORRIBLE! I am trying to teach Damien about walking faster to burn calories and such, I don't want him self conscious, but I don't want him to get weight problems so I tried to explain when you go out to exercise just walk, go out for a slower walk later to notice everything! I ate a home-made chicken cutlet (so not really fatty because it was baked and used leftover oatnut bread as the crumbs) before I left. Nothing during the walk and a handful of almonds when I got back from the walk. About an hour or so I again felt dizzy and shaky, had Damien takes Mads while I stood because I really felt I was going to drop her! So again, not something I want to do again!

Sunday 3/9- We went 2.52 miles at a 22:12 pace. I again had all 3 of my little ones, but Damien was better about his sightseeing! This time he picked a stretch of area he wanted to take it slow beforehand and we agreed on only going at a leisurely pace at that point! Was perfect! I had lunch right before I left (roast beef on oatnut with spinach and dijon and an apple), ate a handful of dried cherries during the walk and when I got home I had one of those greek yogurt bars I regret buying! I was good! Nothing even 2 hours later when I started dinner! It was great!

So with that the week ended for me on a nice note! I go to see the cardiologist tomorrow and hopefully the test comes back good!

So that means if I go for the week after the race then I will get the tickets for run Disney and can add them to the magic band they send? I am so confused! Thinking of calling today when Madeline wakes from her morning nap. Oh man, to be a baby and have naps... what a life:cloud9:

When you call , ask if the tickets expire. I know normal tickets don't if you do not activate them.... But for some reason I want to think rd tickets are only good for so many days surrounding the race. I could and probably am completely wrong. I have never used rd tickets... So I am not sure why or how I got the idea that they are only good for specific days.

Yes it was a lot better, thank you! I am going to try some of the stuff (beans and chews and such) you mentioned when I go to the grocery store on Wednesday! I do need something to keep me going and keep my blood sugar up! I think that may have been the problem! Last time I just went all out and didn't eat or anything before/during/after so I'd like to get in the good habits this time!

You may be able to find some beans at the grocery store- but I have not seen hb chews in grocery stores. Well- I have in one... And that one had a natural food section and it was there. Usually though the waffles or other brands are just at running stores.

I like the idea of putting them in one week form. This week I just got back out to do some walks! Tomrrow (Tuesday) I start the *hopefully* run/walk training to the 5 K! This week was more so just to warm up! Thursday 3/6- I walked exactly 1 mile with Emily and Madeline and I did that in 21:04. Not too bad since Emily was all over the place (her first walk "protecting" her baby!) and I was using the jogging stroller for the first time so I was trying to get used to it! I didn't eat or anything before the walk, I did have water though and I got rather shaky when I got back! I had to gulp down some orange juice and eat a couple chocolate covered acai berries while waiting for the toast to be done. Not doing that again! Friday- I spent asking questions, looking things up and so on! Saturday 3/8- I had Damien (my sightseer), Madeline and Emily for a 1.62 mile walk, our pace was 27:46 which was HORRIBLE! I am trying to teach Damien about walking faster to burn calories and such, I don't want him self conscious, but I don't want him to get weight problems so I tried to explain when you go out to exercise just walk, go out for a slower walk later to notice everything! I ate a home-made chicken cutlet (so not really fatty because it was baked and used leftover oatnut bread as the crumbs) before I left. Nothing during the walk and a handful of almonds when I got back from the walk. About an hour or so I again felt dizzy and shaky, had Damien takes Mads while I stood because I really felt I was going to drop her! So again, not something I want to do again! Sunday 3/9- We went 2.52 miles at a 22:12 pace. I again had all 3 of my little ones, but Damien was better about his sightseeing! This time he picked a stretch of area he wanted to take it slow beforehand and we agreed on only going at a leisurely pace at that point! Was perfect! I had lunch right before I left (roast beef on oatnut with spinach and dijon and an apple), ate a handful of dried cherries during the walk and when I got home I had one of those greek yogurt bars I regret buying! I was good! Nothing even 2 hours later when I started dinner! It was great! So with that the week ended for me on a nice note! I go to see the cardiologist tomorrow and hopefully the test comes back good!

Sounds like you are working hard to figure out what works for you and what does not. That is awesome! Glad your week ended on a good note. I hope this week goes well and tomorrow brings the news you are hoping for!!!

I only did the Half, I didn't do Glass Slipper, but I plan on doing that this year. =D

As far as the RunDis tix vs. normal tix go, I don't think they were offering discounted park tix this year. :sad: I had originally booked with a discounted room for PHM, and my travel agent was offering a discount on park tix, but it had to be paid in full because it was connected with the Princess "discount" (my travel agent kept saying a lot of weird things, and eventually I canceled with her and rebooked with a new person). I eventually got the stay play and dine package anyway, which was a waaay better deal. There's rumors floating around that the days of discounted tix with the runs are over, so I guess we'll have to see on that. :/

As far as doing the parks before vs. after the run, you really really really need to know your body for that. For doing a run again (besides this next PHM, where I'm going by myself and making a weekend of it, with no park time), I would do all the parks after. We did this PHM with a couple before and a couple after, and it worked out ok...ish. I had positioned it like that, though, because when I ran my first 10k (6.2miles), I was SO sore for days. Then I upped my strength, and the next 10k I did, I bounced back the next day, no problem.

But doing it again, I would do all after, for these reasons:
-Before hand, you're watching what you're eating/drinking, makes the parks kinda boo.
-You're also worried about wearing yourself out, so walking alllll over made me nervous
-You're so focused on trying not to freak out about the race, that you don't really enjoy the parks
- The day of the race DO NOT schedule anything else. We planned a park day that day. We tried. It did not happen. (If the sun hadn't been beating down, maaaybe. But I felt awful for the 3 hours we tried to do MK)

I loved Pop! But, we had a standard room with 2 beds (I'm pretty sure they were doubles, not queens. They were veeery small queens, if they were) and there wasn't a whole lot of breathing space, and it was just the 2.5 of us. If you're just looking for a place for your stuff/to sleep, then it's a great place. We had gone to Port Orlenes Riverside for our honeymoon and the room was huge, so when I got to Pop, I was a tiny bit disappointed in the space. But I guess you can't compare Moderate to Value.

Out of curiousity, any interest in a roommate to cost split for the Marathon portion of the trip? I aaammm...sort of in the market for one. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter