Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I think it's 8 months, time flies when you are having fun!
Yep...the original post by ArielSRL was on Feb 23...wow folks...we've been through a lot . And alas, STILL no ROL! Glad we can still meet and drown our frustration in the lounge!

We've almost had enough time for another baby ROLF!

It will be fun to see which lounger is finally the first to see it!

Just got back ad I used to be a CM there, met up with my old manager and it's the same as a rumor in my opinion as you never know who knows what but he said May of 2017 possibly testing it all out as early as April 2017.

Anybody see this over on Theme Parks ................. interesting. Of course everyone and anyone could be wrong ........... but in house CMs do know WAY more than they tell or most think. I think we have a 50/50 shot this is the correct info! :shamrock:

Anybody attend the D23 event tonight??? I'm curious to hear details!!!

I thought that was in November! Eek! Anxious to hear how it went and what they got to see. :D

November. I was half way there, had room lined up was going to register ................ DS threw all doubt in my head about it happening so I decided to stay clear of the door. The cost for a couple days could buy a week in a condo so .........

The hard part here is that it makes TOTAL sense for it to start mid-November to tie into D23, end of F&W, before holidays etc. but then it makes TOTAL sense for it to start spring to tie in to Earth Day, Avartland (iffy), boost summer from last year. The difference is after New Years the crowds/wow factor will go down and it's a time frame even that might not boost .......... but in late spring it could really continue to ride the excitement right through the summer.

No obvious even if they are testing some components.

Anybody see this over on Theme Parks ................. interesting. Of course everyone and anyone could be wrong ........... but in house CMs do know WAY more than they tell or most think. I think we have a 50/50 shot this is the correct info! :shamrock:

November. I was half way there, had room lined up was going to register ................ DS threw all doubt in my head about it happening so I decided to stay clear of the door. The cost for a couple days could buy a week in a condo so .........

The hard part here is that it makes TOTAL sense for it to start mid-November to tie into D23, end of F&W, before holidays etc. but then it makes TOTAL sense for it to start spring to tie in to Earth Day, Avartland (iffy), boost summer from last year. The difference is after New Years the crowds/wow factor will go down and it's a time frame even that might not boost .......... but in late spring it could really continue to ride the excitement right through the summer.

No obvious even if they are testing some components.

Well if it ends up being April 2017, which will be almost exactly a year from my last trip, I will find it *amusing* in an ironic kind of way. As just a Lounger reminder, I was the naïve fool that actually extended her trip because I wanted to catch opening night and it was my scheduled departure day. Ah, the memories! I've been really thinking it would start this fall - now I can start worrying that I may just miss it next April too! :crazy2: Thank goodness I still have my ROL pins and shirt!!

Did I mention, @HopperFan , that my son loves his ROL shirt and wears it to bed all the time!

I'm right there with you, Floating Bear, as our trip last April was one week after yours, and we all had been hopeful/frustrated for over two months even at that point... Now, looks like my trip after Thanksgiving will ALSO be without ROL, and the one my daughter and I are starting to kick around for next April is in no better shape.... Haven't given up, though, but this sure is a long line for a 12 minutes show!!!:faint:

I'm December of 2017 and thinking that I can dare to hope it would be running by my vacation? HAHHA!! My CM friend keeps telling me to relax and I just chuckle during our conversations :) I will be the first to admit that the seating area for the show is absolutely stunning and one of my favorite places in the park! LOL

So let's see... from the time RoL was announced, I SHOULD HAVE been able to catch it on the following trips:
  • Apr 2016
  • Aug 2016
  • Nov 2016
Now it's looking like, what... May 2017?? HILARIOUS!!

Our next trip after Nov is Aug 2017... fingers crossed, I guess... or do I even care anymore?!?! :confused3

Well if it ends up being April 2017, which will be almost exactly a year from my last trip, I will find it *amusing* in an ironic kind of way. As just a Lounger reminder, I was the naïve fool that actually extended her trip because I wanted to catch opening night and it was my scheduled departure day. Ah, the memories! I've been really thinking it would start this fall - now I can start worrying that I may just miss it next April too! :crazy2: Thank goodness I still have my ROL pins and shirt!!

Did I mention, @HopperFan , that my son loves his ROL shirt and wears it to bed all the time!

I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to have him do a ROL Shirt 2.0 with 2017 on it?! :rotfl2:

I'm right there with you, Floating Bear, as our trip last April was one week after yours, and we all had been hopeful/frustrated for over two months even at that point... Now, looks like my trip after Thanksgiving will ALSO be without ROL, and the one my daughter and I are starting to kick around for next April is in no better shape.... Haven't given up, though, but this sure is a long line for a 12 minutes show!!!:faint:

We have basically been in line for 8 months now .............. kinda a lot to live up to. This whole situation and them proclaiming this to be the show of shows :rolleyes1 and taking all this extra time for perfection AND a very small theater, they better have this thing running 2-3 times a night or there is bound to be all kinds of CMs wearing body armor.

I'm December of 2017 and thinking that I can dare to hope it would be running by my vacation? HAHHA!! My CM friend keeps telling me to relax and I just chuckle during our conversations :) I will be the first to admit that the seating area for the show is absolutely stunning and one of my favorite places in the park! LOL

Mr. Joe does do a beautiful job designing and attention to detail, the theater is a beauty ................. so does CMF tell you to relax because maybe it's finally working or relax cause you gonna have a long wait ...................... or relax cause it's not good so it doesn't matter anyway. :tongue:

Heard a rumor about Avatarland opening in May 2017- perhaps a tie-in?

Avatarland ............... do you think the long timers (those of us waiting for years for this thing) will ever call it by it's real name? I mean it's more Disney like with land in it. Pandora is a radio station.... Anyway so many rumors, but for all the money it has cost and the constant need for more money it better be off the charts and more than rocks and blue aliens. RUMOR that keeps getting kicked around is that only ONE of the two attractions will be ready next spring ............... say what? I mean I know there are permits to at least December 2018 .............. so if it is true that it will be a partial opening, having ROL open at the same time will help with the crush of the crowds trying to get in there. I mean it still helps if it was already open BUT if it is newly open it spreads the excitement/pain situation. Smoke.

Mr. Joe does do a beautiful job designing and attention to detail, the theater is a beauty ................. so does CMF tell you to relax because maybe it's finally working or relax cause you gonna have a long wait ...................... or relax cause it's not good so it doesn't matter anyway. :tongue:

Gahhh!!! Now I will probably pester him even more than I already have and by the time my trip arrives, I will have driven him so crazy that when we meet up he will likely make me pay for dinner this time! LOL!

I agree about Joe's attention to detail, it was my favorite park when I worked there as opening team and continues to still be right up there with each change made. I love wandering the park by looking at the signs on the walls, the imprints on the floor and so much more!

:offtopic: :sad2:

Man had loaded gun tied to himself under his jacket attempting to get it in Epcot but had to admit it was there when asked to go through metal detector. He was arrested. So if it were not for the metal detector and his "random"pick - who knows his motive. I think it's time Disney go the Universal route and everyone goes through the detector. The time they spend picking ME every time to go through they could be missing someone that needs to be scanned.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/femal...empting-bring-firearm-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Gahhh!!! Now I will probably pester him even more than I already have and by the time my trip arrives, I will have driven him so crazy that when we meet up he will likely make me pay for dinner this time! LOL!

I agree about Joe's attention to detail, it was my favorite park when I worked there as opening team and continues to still be right up there with each change made. I love wandering the park by looking at the signs on the walls, the imprints on the floor and so much more!

When they announced AK I was not happy. LOVE animals but real animals can not be depended on to do what they are supposed to, that is what animatronic animals are for. I worried. I went expecting to hate it .............. love it. You are so correct about the details, the imprints, the bike tracks in the "mud", the wires on the buildings, all the details would take weeks to absorb. I keep hoping I can work a solo trip so I can just spend my time exploring and photographing the tiny details.

Now I will say I hate Dinoland's route 66 carnival parking lot. I kinda get what they were going for but it just doesn't fit in a park full of natural beauty. Asphalt, metal, concrete .......... ugh.

Last edited:
When they announced AK I was not happy. LOVE animals but real animals can not be depended on to do what they are supposed to, that is what animatronic animals are for. I worried. I went expecting to hate it .............. love it. You are so correct about the details, the imprints, the bike tracks in the "mud", the wires on the buildings, all the details would take weeks to absorb. I keep hoping I can work a solo trip so I can just spend my time exploring and photographing the tiny details.

Now I will say I hate Dinoland's route 66 carnival parking lot. I kinda get what they were going for but it just doesn't fit in a park full of natural beauty. Asphalt, metal, concrete .......... ugh.

YES...YES...YESSSSSS on Dinoland! I think it just doesn't fit at all. I wish they would have gone a totally different route. It sticks out like a sore thumb and other than Dinosaur, I just don't care for it!! Kali went down while we were there and our fastpass was reverted to a PW fastpass and we headed over there for the first time the entire trip because I usually avoid it! LOL! Yup, still hated it!! I love the themeing of restaurantasaurus but that's about it! Hahaha!

I also wish they would quit cheapening the area with the lame carnival prizes and make them at least disney prizes but oh well...I still have the rest of the park to marvel!

YES...YES...YESSSSSS on Dinoland! I think it just doesn't fit at all. I wish they would have gone a totally different route. It sticks out like a sore thumb and other than Dinosaur, I just don't care for it!! Kali went down while we were there and our fastpass was reverted to a PW fastpass and we headed over there for the first time the entire trip because I usually avoid it! LOL! Yup, still hated it!! I love the themeing of restaurantasaurus but that's about it! Hahaha!

I also wish they would quit cheapening the area with the lame carnival prizes and make them at least disney prizes but oh well...I still have the rest of the park to marvel!

Our first visit it wasn't there and it was such a cool area with SO MUCH POTENTIAL and then it was like someone said you have $10,000 and a truck of used carnival rides, do something. When we went Sue the Dinosaur, the real one had bones there in a temp controlled tent where the real paleontologists were working on them before it was set up at the museum. You could watch. I always hoped between restaurantasaurus, the boneyard and all that the area would remain legit. Fingers crossed they wake up, bulldoze it (and maybe the Nemo theater when that runs it's course and come up with an expanded dinosaur area or a new land, maybe still hope for mythical.

Our first visit it wasn't there and it was such a cool area with SO MUCH POTENTIAL and then it was like someone said you have $10,000 and a truck of used carnival rides, do something. When we went Sue the Dinosaur, the real one had bones there in a temp controlled tent where the real paleontologists were working on them before it was set up at the museum. You could watch. I always hoped between restaurantasaurus, the boneyard and all that the area would remain legit. Fingers crossed they wake up, bulldoze it (and maybe the Nemo theater when that runs it's course and come up with an expanded dinosaur area or a new land, maybe still hope for mythical.

HAHAHAH YES!!! My fingers and toes and everything are all crossed for the same thing!!! Although that NEMO thing offered us a great chance to nap during the heat of the day! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter