Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Okay then .............. just trying to get a good visual, Maggie will have to wear one of the elaborate ROL costumes while up on stilts and holding a sloth on her back. She will be playing against Mr. Joe who will be required to remove his earring as most rec soccer programs require while wearing Mickey's hands and shoes. This will be done on a barges connected to create a mini soccer field (let's up the suspense and not put walls or nets to allow for swimming by either party) - in the ROL theater with the water wall blasting in the background projecting Avatar images.

Each side of theater will be assigned to Team Maggie or Team Joe and wear team tshirts (included in their registration fee)along with glow stick necklaces, bracelets and gloves with flashing finger tips and be provided lotus popcorn buckets and lantern mugs full of specialty cocktails from the Dawa Bar. All of these items will provide the LIGHT of the show.

All members of the winning team get Rumors of Light Tshirts.

Hmmmmm

This might actually be better than ROL. :D

collection-of-funniest-sport-gif-14.gif

Yeah that's how I feel... my upcoming trip was specifically planned to experience WDW during the holidays, but I am a bit disappointed because as a big SW fan, I was looking forward to the fireworks. Especially after hearing so many good things about it! Fortunately I'm lucky that I may be able to see it next year if it's up and running after the holidays.

I hope you'll get to see them on your next trip! We saw the SW fireworks last April and they were amazing! Combined with the music and everything, I must confess I was a bit weepy over them! I'm sure your holiday trip will be fantastic! I hope to be there someday when the holiday decorations are up, but I don't know when that will be! My daughter's birthday is near Veteran's Day, so I keep thinking maybe we'll do a quick trip some year for that - I think the holiday decorations are up at that point...

Also, I love your profile pic!

HOW did you find Maggie's Grandma?!?!? I think she says "See her, Go Maggie Go, yeah, yeah, yeah".

So, has there been any speculation as to whether there will be dining packages for MJSS (Maggie Joe Soccer Show), or will it just be fastpasses? I need to start planning for April...

Too avoid any pre-game excitement Dining Packages will be available for the Maggie Joe Soccer Show in which you must choose which team you will be cheering for.

Team Maggie will be booked at Yak & Yeti ... a play on Maggie liking to yak about what is going on in the mysterious Kingdom of Animals and yeti she seems to have missed the mark.

Team Joe will be booked at Flame Tree BBQ ... a place where the main dish is slow cooked ......... and seems to take forever (costing Disney a fortune)............. but comes out just delicious and you wanting more.

Tiffins will provide a much more expensive option for a limited number of folks but they will get their own special seating on a barge (with rails to prevent swimming) between the two sections (no team commitment necessary) with assigned seating based on booking date, creating a much harder ticket than the Wishes Dessert Party.

There will be no package at Tusker House, characters are there for your entertainment pleasure and there will be no FP+ - it just creates way too much anxiety for the Disney Call Center. It's pay to play time.

Last edited:
Just reading back the last page or so...the Jingle Bam thing looks great and I've never been to WDW over the holidays (someday!), but being someone that can't get to the World as much as she'd like and being a huge Star Wars fan, I'd be a little disappointed with the sudden change if I were planning on seeing the Star Wars fireworks....I mean, it's no ROL debacle, but still...

I am in the same boat. I am a very big Star Wars fan, and, though I was looking forward to the SW fireworks, I am just as excited for the JBJB show. My significant other loves Nightmare Before Christmas so I hope they incorporate it a fair amount. And, as long as they do, JBJB will be totally worth it. Just the picture alone, of Nightmare Before Christmas projected, looks amazing. We will be there a week before Thanksgiving, and, though I usually get in the Christmas mood after Thanksgiving, the Very Merry Christmas Party on Friday, and all of the Christmas stuff in the gift shops, should get me in the Christmas spirit for the JBJB show on Sunday 11/20. But I say I am not disappointed as we will have new Star Wars movies for years, along with Star Wars Land, and therefor, as long as they don't scrap the Star Wars fireworks, I can take a Star Wars themed trip in the somewhat near future :D

HOW did you find Maggie's Grandma?!?!? I think she says "See her, Go Maggie Go, yeah, yeah, yeah".

Too avoid any pre-game excitement Dining Packages will be available for the Maggie Joe Soccer Show in which you must choose which team you will be cheering for.

Team Maggie will be booked at Yak & Yeti ... a play on Maggie liking to yak about what is going on in the mysterious Kingdom of Animals and yeti she seems to have missed the mark.

Team Joe will be booked at Flame Tree BBQ ... a place where the main dish is slow cooked ......... and seems to take forever (costing Disney a fortune)............. but comes out just delicious and you wanting more.

Tiffins will provide a much more expensive option for a limited number of folks but they will get their own special seating on a barge (with rails to prevent swimming) between the two sections (no team commitment necessary) with assigned seating based on booking date, creating a much harder ticket than the Wishes Dessert Party.

There will be no package at Tusker House, characters are there for your entertainment pleasure and there will be no FP+ - it just creates way too much anxiety for the Disney Call Center. It's pay to play time.

This might be the best post of this ENTIRE thread !!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

HOPING I AM WRONG and it's just indigestion - but my gut is not feeling like ROL is happening anytime soon.
I can't believe that we're STILL in this space! I feel like it's been a year since we began anticipating this.

I've had a lot going on and haven't been on DIS much, but did I REALLY not miss some sort of announcement that this IS happening on X date?? We'll be there for the W&D half, and a teeny tiny part of me was hoping this would be open.

We are planning on skipping either AK or DHS on this trip since it's a shorter one, and I have placeholders for AK FPs -- thinking that maybe RoL was going to materialize. But now they've added dates for Club Villain, so if RoL isn't happening I think we'll drop AK and do DHS that one afternoon.

Waaaah! :sad: We leave that day (although we're not part of D23 anyway).

I'm so happy to find this thread full of others who have been dying to see this show for over six months... :lmao:

It seems our chances have improved somewhat!

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/rumor-destination-d-attendees-will-first-see-rivers-light-next-month/

(Updated since the rumor first appeared.)

YEAH, I think many of us were speculating about this all day. I even was ready to register DS and I to go, had hotel all ready to be booked for the night .......... then DS says ............ the day is very Avatar focused, James Cameron will be there ..... do you think it's a tour of some of Avatar? THAT would be my luck - I've never even seen Avatar, have it, haven't watched it. Blue aliens ........

Waiting all this time for ROL and I would probably get treated to an alien meet and greet and a tour of rocks.

SO if I stay away, then it just might be ROL.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Just another interuption in AS THE WORLD TURNS :happytv:

Now I personally would avoid the MK during the Christmas Show/Parade filming and can't imagine sitting through that ... may be too old, did a few "crowd extra" things younger ............. but the NEWS that there will be no parade filming at WDW could be a blow to some folks who try to box in a trip to do that. A change for the first time in decades. It also states that CMs only will get tickets to special "entertainment" filming before and after hours ...... which makes sense. A few things will film during they day and you are welcome to stop and watch (if you are inside the masking tape lines:p).

http://attractionsmagazine.com/annual-disney-christmas-special-filmed-next-month-disney-world/

Happy Anniversary everybody! I'm on a flight out from lovely Key West today. It was restorative to hang with the butterflies, chickens, roosters, iguanas, egrets and the polydactyl cats. The weather is so lovely I just wanted to bottle it and take it with me home.

I hope y'all who are getting ready to visit the MausHaus have a wonderful time! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!