*Rumor* Iger at WDW

If the alleged Pixar expansion has the Toy Story land name attached to it, then we are doomed. The expansion will probably be Paris and Hong Kong's Toy Story playland. Considering the lack of family-friendly attractions at DHS, I'm inclined to think most of the budget is going to Star Wars, and Pixar will get a couple of carnival attractions re-themed to Toy Story. Somehow similar to how Toy Story Playland was the appetizer to Ratatouille or Bugs land to Cars land.

I hope to be wrong though. Another dark ride would do wonders for the park.
That's my thinking too. I expect them to use the spinners to launch quickly, but not be the anchor of the area. People go to Cars Land for RSRs, and stay for the spinners. I think that strategy will work well over in Pixar Place too.

I've said this before in other threads - but here's the list of original MK D tickets:
Walt Disney World Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Revue
Admiral Joe Fowler (Steamboat)

So I often think people put too high an expectation on what a D ticket is. So yeah, we *could* get a D ticket in Pixarland.

My view is this:

Things have changed so much since the ticket books went away, I believe that it's near impossible to categorize the rides anymore.

I think basically the term "E-ticket" has become an identifier for personal preference. It I really like this ride, it's an E-ticket. If I think it's OK, then it not an e-ticket.

Well DHS is approaching that point where people are going to think twice and start not going. Attendance didn't really go up much last year and and I think it will be very stagnant or drop this year. Frozen summer fun can only go so far.

Agreed. We're going early September and as much as I would like to plan a full day there, I just can't see us staying there for a full day anymore. So we have plans to leave before dinner and eat in Epcot instead. We are purposefully going HS after the Frozen Summer Fun finishes. I think HS will still definitely draw new crowds in the meantime, but to keep the veterans coming back they needs to move quickly. Well "quickly" in WDW terms anyway.

Lots of speculation without substance. Theory is nothing more than speculation without any particular evidence to support a thesis. Im pretty sure if everyone sits back and waits patiently, eventually you find out if this was a "planned" event and what the reason for it was. Rather than taking an opportunity to trash someone who you dont have half the business acumen of.

Lots of speculation without substance. Theory is nothing more than speculation without any particular evidence to support a thesis. Im pretty sure if everyone sits back and waits patiently, eventually you find out if this was a "planned" event and what the reason for it was. Rather than taking an opportunity to trash someone who you dont have half the business acumen of.

Disagree. A theory is more than speculation - a theory is something put forth based on general knowledge and some level of prior evidence. That something is going to happen in DHS is well beyond speculation at this point. Closures + comments by Iger + rumors from semi-reliable sources = theory that something big is coming. Hard evidence has yet to be found to turn theory into fact.

I think the lack of patience from those here is due to:
- The last 10 years of very limited expansion (outside of NFL) at WDW compared to previous years.
- The lack of response to the aggressive expansion by Universal over the last 5 years.
- The fact that DHS expansion rumors have been flying for almost 3 years with nothing to show.

Disagree. A theory is more than speculation - a theory is something put forth based on general knowledge and some level of prior evidence. That something is going to happen in DHS is well beyond speculation at this point. Closures + comments by Iger + rumors from semi-reliable sources = theory that something big is coming. Hard evidence has yet to be found to turn theory into fact.

I think the lack of patience from those here is due to:
- The last 10 years of very limited expansion (outside of NFL) at WDW compared to previous years.
- The lack of response to the aggressive expansion by Universal over the last 5 years.
- The fact that DHS expansion rumors have been flying for almost 3 years with nothing to show.

I too believe something big is about to happen, but with the history of DHS over the past few years, I've decided to not let my expectations get the best of me.

Remember, Carsland was a "done deal" a few years ago, I know things have changed for the better a long that front, but you know this current management has no problem putting the stop to something very quickly.

I haven't seen any bashing here, just some fun conjecture. I don't know about you, but I come here to get the news, to share my opinion, and hear other people's ideas. That's one of the reasons these boards are fun! If you just want straight up news, check out the well curated news roundup that @rteetz and @circus4u upkeep. Those two do a great job! These posts are more general and allow for more conversation.

After three plus years, I think we've earned the right to guess. :)

A part of me highly doubt that there will be any "major" changes to DHS or Epcot or anything WDW related. I shed a tear everytime I think of the state Epcot and DHS is in...but in the next 12-18 months Shanghai Disney will be opening which will then affect HKDL.

Yes, they are built in collaboration with other entities, but there is still ALOT of money invested into both of them. The situations and timing is, sadly, very coincidental and comparable to DLP opening and how money was diverted AWAY from DL/DCA.

His presence might be to convince the Board to invest more...or even just to walk around to see the potentials. Nothing will truly be announced until D23...and even then we might be disappointed. (Im hoping WDW fans wont be...but I am not gonna psych myself out over it) Steady attendance is good sometimes, it means a steady revenue stream. Until attendance drops, there is no real urgency. Look at Animal kingdom, changes really didnt occur to "help"/"boast"/"make more attractive" until the last 4 years.

It would be pretty disappointing if Pixar Place is really just a Toy Story land, which it basically is now. I know it's a long shot but I am really hoping for any new attractions based around different Pixar movies.

A part of me highly doubt that there will be any "major" changes to DHS or Epcot or anything WDW related. I shed a tear everytime I think of the state Epcot and DHS is in...but in the next 12-18 months Shanghai Disney will be opening which will then affect HKDL.

Yes, they are built in collaboration with other entities, but there is still ALOT of money invested into both of them. The situations and timing is, sadly, very coincidental and comparable to DLP opening and how money was diverted AWAY from DL/DCA.

His presence might be to convince the Board to invest more...or even just to walk around to see the potentials. Nothing will truly be announced until D23...and even then we might be disappointed. (Im hoping WDW fans wont be...but I am not gonna psych myself out over it) Steady attendance is good sometimes, it means a steady revenue stream. Until attendance drops, there is no real urgency. Look at Animal kingdom, changes really didnt occur to "help"/"boast"/"make more attractive" until the last 4 years.

I kind of hope that Iger wants to go over with a bang. All the money he didn't spend on parks and resorts over the last 10 years he is now spending. DL is getting many great additions for the 60th, and it's even rumored to get Star Wars land and even a Marvel addition in the foreseeable future. DLP just announced a plan to refurbish 10 main rides in just 3 years. HKDL is starting to hype the possibility of a second gate. And Shanghai is coming along nicely. DHS and Epcot are getting something new for sure. Now we only need something announced at Epcot since the Frozen ride alone won't make much of a difference.

Several things that should give you some hope at the very least...
1) Hong Kong Disneyland has just been aggressively expanded, and more is on the way. TSMM (nothing has been announced, but it's essentially the final piece of phase 1), Iron Man, and Disney's Explorer's Lodge are already under construction or going to begin soon.
2) The government of Hong Kong is already interested in rapidly expanding Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and the surrounding area. Phase 2 is currently being negotiated, which will bring a whole new park, a shopping district, and perhaps new hotels.
3) Shanghai isn't going for international visitors. While it's true mainlanders make up 1/3 of HKDL guests, HKDL has been focused on diversification towards southeastern asian nations. Whereas TDL and SDL are focused on domestic audiences, HKDL is more accessible and welcoming to multiple nationalities.
4) SDL will likely have attendance constraints, and if tourists are interested in Disneyland HKDL still serves as a great option.
5) Once the board agrees to the financial terms of the DHS project, they're essentially set in stone. Dirt will already be moving, budgets allocated, and attractions closed. DHS will get something for sure.

Keep in mind their exposure here is more limited then in the DLP days. That was before the ESPN and ABC, and let's just say WDW, DL, DCL, and DVC weren't the juggernauts they are today. WDP&R can handle a short term blow much better than they could in the 90s.

I'm excited.

I kind of hope that Iger wants to go over with a bang. All the money he didn't spend on parks and resorts over the last 10 years he is now spending. DL is getting many great additions for the 60th, and it's even rumored to get Star Wars land and even a Marvel addition in the foreseeable future. DLP just announced a plan to refurbish 10 main rides in just 3 years. HKDL is starting to hype the possibility of a second gate. And Shanghai is coming along nicely. DHS and Epcot are getting something new for sure. Now we only need something announced at Epcot since the Frozen ride alone won't make much of a difference.
Agreed. I think theme park investment goes in two waves. One is a building phase where Resorts maximize their attendance rapidly. The second is a increased pricing phase where they raise prices and sustain growth that way. Iger has ridden an enormous wave at WDW where he benefitted from the largest fastest build up of E Tickets in WDW history. At the same time he has been playing a good game though, using the profits generated from WDW to invest in Shanghai, DCA, DLP, HKDL, and the Disney Cruise Line. Now that each of those divisions has never been stronger (with the exception of DLP...) it's time to maximize attendance.

Yes this visit is to just go over proposals and walk the site. They did do the same thing with DCA as well. They haven't approved a plan yet but Iger can and probably will convince them. I think after this year DHS will see a drop in attendance or at the very least not go up.

Periscope is a live-streaming thing. People out there now live-stream their lives. Can't imagine my life ever being so boring I need to watch the live feed of someone else's.

(You guys could have looked it up - google search type Periscope.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter