*Rumor* Iger at WDW

The only reason the board comes to Florida is to tour the facility. Decisions/meetings can all take place in California. Now, it could well just be a tour of Avatar, but it is likely the DHS job is coming up. This however clearly doesn't mean a damn thing about a decision being made for DHS. And they certainly wouldn't get the board together for an announcement. No major announcement is going to happen between now and D23. After 2 years ago the Parks group had ZIP To announce in the US, I don't see them letting that happen again.

The only reason the board comes to Florida is to tour the facility. Decisions/meetings can all take place in California. Now, it could well just be a tour of Avatar, but it is likely the DHS job is coming up. This however clearly doesn't mean a damn thing about a decision being made for DHS. And they certainly wouldn't get the board together for an announcement. No major announcement is going to happen between now and D23. After 2 years ago the Parks group had ZIP To announce in the US, I don't see them letting that happen again.
Correct. They are supposed to be touring avatar and look at proposals for DHS. No decisions are likely to be made in WDW. At D23 this year they are using a new larger venue and have a full dedicated parks and resorts segment unlike 2013.

Correct. They are supposed to be touring avatar and look at proposals for DHS. No decisions are likely to be made in WDW. At D23 this year they are using a new larger venue and have a full dedicated parks and resorts segment unlike 2013.

Also, I don't buy the rumors of no WDW announcement at D23. Iger has come out and said (a) there WILL be Star Wars announcements in 2015 and (b) DHS will get a name change shortly. There's lots of evidence (beyond just rumors) that something is coming. I think a big reason the announcement has taken so long is that the design work does take SOOO long - several years - for new theme park areas. They don't want to repeat the mistake they made with Avatar which is to announce it 2 years before the shovels break ground. Not to say that Disney won't still be moving slowly on this - but I'm betting that construction work starts a lot faster after the announcement than it did for Avatar.

Especially since they have already closed down a lot of areas around the park and could easily start demo. I think there is no doubt we will get a lot of info on DHS at D23

So we have Disneyhead, 1023, half of PhotoDave, and of course Spirit too. Martin also didn't do anything to douse the flames. I think we're in good shape. Let's get ready for some exciting things at D23.

I'm still hoping for that D/E Ticket in Pixar Land. I believe...

Last edited:
Also, I don't buy the rumors of no WDW announcement at D23. Iger has come out and said (a) there WILL be Star Wars announcements in 2015 and (b) DHS will get a name change shortly. There's lots of evidence (beyond just rumors) that something is coming. I think a big reason the announcement has taken so long is that the design work does take SOOO long - several years - for new theme park areas. They don't want to repeat the mistake they made with Avatar which is to announce it 2 years before the shovels break ground. Not to say that Disney won't still be moving slowly on this - but I'm betting that construction work starts a lot faster after the announcement than it did for Avatar.
Rumors are if they announce at D23 construction will start in September.

Don't hold your breath on that one. Pixarland already has it's "D/E" Ticket.
We're talking budgets exceeding DCA, and you're saying it's only going to be spinners? Keeping in mind the current TSMM expansion isn't in this budget, that's a lot of money to spend. Especially in light of the fact Disney is going to be prepping the park for SW, another thing to balance out the demand is going to be an important. Spinners and an attraction from 2008 are not going to draw out demand on SW. I'm keeping up the D/E Ticket expectation for now...

I am not holding my breath, I hope all of you are right and they really plan on doing something for WDW because other then the Magic Kingdom, the place is getting pathetic. I am thinking though from a business perspective since I am in business myself, if I could provide an old product to the public and not invest a dime into it and people are still buying it in droves, I would be in heaven and human nature would make anyone become complacent.

We're talking budgets exceeding DCA, and you're saying it's only going to be spinners? Keeping in mind the current TSMM expansion isn't in this budget, that's a lot of money to spend. Especially in light of the fact Disney is going to be prepping the park for SW, another thing to balance out the demand is going to be an important. Spinners and an attraction from 2008 are not going to draw out demand on SW. I'm keeping up the D/E Ticket expectation for now...
I could see a D possible I don't know about an E ticket yet. I think Pixar will have a lot for kids and families to do so C tickets. I think a lot of the money will be for Star Wars and reworking other areas of the park.

Look - I hope you are right - but honestly the news of "Toy Story land" to me is sort of boring in and of itself. I'm really hoping it ends up being more of a Pixar Place, and another D/E ticket would be great, but again I'm afraid they are going to hold the big guns for Star Wars. (And I'll believe "Budgets exceeding DCA" when they say it out loud.

I am not holding my breath, I hope all of you are right and they really plan on doing something for WDW because other then the Magic Kingdom, the place is getting pathetic. I am thinking though from a business perspective since I am in business myself, if I could provide an old product to the public and not invest a dime into it and people are still buying it in droves, I would be in heaven and human nature would make anyone become complacent.
Well DHS is approaching that point where people are going to think twice and start not going. Attendance didn't really go up much last year and and I think it will be very stagnant or drop this year. Frozen summer fun can only go so far.

Look - I hope you are right - but honestly the news of "Toy Story land" to me is sort of boring in and of itself. I'm really hoping it ends up being more of a Pixar Place, and another D/E ticket would be great, but again I'm afraid they are going to hold the big guns for Star Wars. (And I'll believe "Budgets exceeding DCA" when they say it out loud.
They'll never announce that actual budget

I've said this before in other threads - but here's the list of original MK D tickets:
Walt Disney World Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Revue
Admiral Joe Fowler (Steamboat)

So I often think people put too high an expectation on what a D ticket is. So yeah, we *could* get a D ticket in Pixarland.

I've said this before in other threads - but here's the list of original MK D tickets:
Walt Disney World Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Revue
Admiral Joe Fowler (Steamboat)

So I often think people put too high an expectation on what a D ticket is. So yeah, we *could* get a D ticket in Pixarland.
Those are all very quality attractions. Nothing spectacular but still fun.

You are right - but if it's in the ballpark of DCA ($1 billion +) - that'll be common knowledge.
Right now sources are saying they are looking to open faucets of money for this. This is the most optimistic I've seen these sources in a long time.

If the alleged Pixar expansion has the Toy Story land name attached to it, then we are doomed. The expansion will probably be Paris and Hong Kong's Toy Story playland. Considering the lack of family-friendly attractions at DHS, I'm inclined to think most of the budget is going to Star Wars, and Pixar will get a couple of carnival attractions re-themed to Toy Story. Somehow similar to how Toy Story Playland was the appetizer to Ratatouille or Bugs land to Cars land.

I hope to be wrong though. Another dark ride would do wonders for the park.

I could see a D possible I don't know about an E ticket yet. I think Pixar will have a lot for kids and families to do so C tickets. I think a lot of the money will be for Star Wars and reworking other areas of the park.
I see it doing a multiphase opening.
1)You start with the newly opened TSMM, and work on the parking and entrance for completion late 2016- to mid 2017
2)With additional capacity and infrastructure you do a late 2017 to early 2018 Pixar Spinner launch
3)By the end of 2018 to early 2019 D/E Ticket Pixar Ride
4)Star Wars Phase 1 2020
5) Star Wars Phase 2 2021

To me, based off of their time frames this is believable, but putting off launch of spinners until a year after Avatar is believable.
Sadly we'll never get a real straight answer on budgets from them, but the sources at WDW MAGIC are pretty great. I'm looking forward to D23!

If the alleged Pixar expansion has the Toy Story land name attached to it, then we are doomed. The expansion will probably be Paris and Hong Kong's Toy Story playland. Considering the lack of family-friendly attractions at DHS, I'm inclined to think most of the budget is going to Star Wars, and Pixar will get a couple of carnival attractions re-themed to Toy Story. Somehow similar to how Toy Story Playland was the appetizer to Ratatouille or Bugs land to Cars land.

I hope to be wrong though. Another dark ride would do wonders for the park.
It's supposed to be an expansion of Pixar place. The toy story land name has not been thrown around really. There are supposed to be a couple clones of TSPL but also more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter