*Rumor* Iger at WDW

LuitaChris

Earning My Ears
So after surfing around the web and reading multiple sites it seems Iger is currently at WDW with other higher ups to have meetings. The rumors are that this is in regards to a revamp of DHS (along with other things like AVATAR, Wilderness Lodge expansion, etc). And now with the news of the Magic of Disney Animation closing soon, this wouldn't be a surprise at all. What does everyone think?

Just noticed ppl were talking about this in the news thread... Didn't realize that. Feel free to move convo here or delete

Yep Iger seems to be there currently and the board of directors is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Things seems to falling into place and if the board approves the full DHS project we could be some happy Disney fans pretty soon.

I guess I don't know why Iger actually being in FL is an indication of a pending major decision/announcement. It could be just another regularly scheduled board meeting, or even just a vacation.

Yep Iger seems to be there currently and the board of directors is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Things seems to falling into place and if the board approves the full DHS project we could be some happy Disney fans pretty soon.

Would be nice. If the DHS project is what many people are expecting/hoping.

Or maybe the full DHS project is, clone Midway Mania, digital updates to Muppet 3D and Great Movie Ride, close the stunt shows and Art of Animation, and have more meet and greets and special fan events ... extended Star Wars weekends, flash-in-the-pan singalongs and whatnot.

I guess I don't know why Iger actually being in FL is an indication of a pending major decision/announcement. It could be just another regularly scheduled board meeting, or even just a vacation.

Its just a "spirited" form of trolling.

See the person starting these rumors is a big Iger hater, so whats happening is this person is getting everyones hopes up so when nothing comes out of it the Iger bashing and negativity can ensue short round turned up to ten.

A little research shows the board travels to WDW every year. There is also creditible sources saying the board could bd discussing a stock split.

But thats just not intresting enough I suppose...

Jimmy Thick- Dreaming of electric dole whips.

I doubt that a DVC expansion or an 4 year old project in mid-development would draw Iger to the parks. I wouldn't think a DHS "announcement" would be done from WDW, with the board either. I suspect this is more a "buy-in" visit to try selling a DHS option to the board. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad if you need a site visit to get the board to commit to something.

j

Lasseter and other important people were spotted at DHS not too long ago as well. Considering that they don't leave California unless there's something important going on, I do think there's more going on in there than just meetings.

Maybe he thinks that they're spending too much money. We'll see.

Being hopeful...I hope that they're having one final meeting before signing off on future plans for HS so they can announce something official at the D23 Expo in August... Don't start throwing things at me, I said I was being hopeful!:rolleyes1

Just another thought if I may.

Now if the Disney board of directors is just now getting information about Avatar, DHS expansion, whatever, what kind of board would they be? They are Iger's boss, you really think they could possibly be that out of the information loop?

Not to mention most are majority stock holders who have billions invested.

Yep, seems plausible...

Jimmy Thick- Quick call Mythbusters!!!

Iger is currently there for meetings the board is coming in tomorrow. There are not supposed to be any announcements but meetings will take place at the BW going over plans for DHS.

I doubt that a DVC expansion or an 4 year old project in mid-development would draw Iger to the parks. I wouldn't think a DHS "announcement" would be done from WDW, with the board either. I suspect this is more a "buy-in" visit to try selling a DHS option to the board. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad if you need a site visit to get the board to commit to something.

j
Bingo

Just another thought if I may.

Now if the Disney board of directors is just now getting information about Avatar, DHS expansion, whatever, what kind of board would they be? They are Iger's boss, you really think they could possibly be that out of the information loop?

Yep, seems plausible...

Jimmy Thick- Quick call Mythbusters!!!
The board is supposed to be visiting the avatar site for an update I highly doubt that they don't know the details about it since they approved it. The DHS plans have not been approved fully approved yet. The board loves Iger look at what he has done for their billions invested stock just keeps rising.

Not quite. If you look at Disney's most recent proxy you'll see that none of the current board has "billions" invested. In fact, none of them could be called "majority stock holders" either. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=DIS+Major+Holders

The single largest Disney shareholder is the estate of Steve Jobs with some 131 million shares, currently worth ~$14 Billion. Nobody else even comes close.

To me the board would only show up in order to approve something they need to see in person or for a pitch that requires their attendance at the site. I'm sure they will tour DHS and also pop over to AK for an Avatar update. I highly doubt they would all fly down just to do what they can all do in an office.

To me the board would only show up in order to approve something they need to see in person or for a pitch that requires their attendance at the site. I'm sure they will tour DHS and also pop over to AK for an Avatar update. I highly doubt they would all fly down just to do what they can all do in an office.
Actually they pretty much all fly in to the board meeting location anyway since hardly any of them live in SoCal. What difference is it if they fly to Burbank CA or WDW?

They are supposedly getting pitched DHS plans for final approval. And then since they are there touring the AK construction.

Not here to argue...but the Spirit is not wrong. I am not even going to pretend like I am the original discoverer of the rumors about Iger, because I didn't know until Spirit said something. Once I asked a buddy of mine, he indeed said that Iger was coming....nothing about the board though so that was news to me. I can say though that the BOD would NEVER fly into the swamps without any sort of reason, and especially not for no Stock Splits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!