rumor about voyage at the little mermaid

The only thing I have heard is in the middle of September. Maybe there is a thread about this if you searched for it. Good luck I hope I'm wrong

Whoa, about $20 per ride.
But there is more there than rides. I get that many folks go for the rides, but I like the shows and the overall experience too. Don't get me wrong. I love the rides but I also love the Beauty and the Beast Show, Fantasmic, Little mermaid, Animation Studio drawing class, etc.... Not to mention the "Impromptu" (At least from our point of view) street shows and performances.

So if you only do the rides, then, Yes, perhaps the price is steep (assuming also you are buying a 1 day pass as well), but for those of us who do much more, it's not that much per "Activity".

Yes, there are other attractions beside rides there, but the other parks also offer shows and impromptu performances. In comparison, there's much less bang for your buck at DHS.
If Disney can charge more per day for the MK, why not charge a little less for DHS temporarily while under construction.

There was a permit filed this week for work on the show's Fastpass sign. Take that for what you will, but to me this would indicate that it's not closing anytime soon.
Correct but it's unclear for what the permit will actually be for.

Correct but it's unclear for what the permit will actually be for.

Correct there are no details. Someone speculated that it could be for removal of the sign, but I have only seen one permit in the past two years for a sign removal and that was for American Idol which was a pretty large sign.

I know that VotLM is on it's way out the door. It's time. I don't blame Disney for canning the show because even though I love it, it's very dated. But I'm very concerned about the direction DHS is going on.

VotLM's closure won't hurt DHS that badly. But I'm worried that this is going to open the door to more show closures. If BatB or Indiana Jones closes as well- and I've heard rumors that Indiana Jones could be on it's way out the door- now that's going to hurt DHS. Live shows make up a bigger part of DHS than most people realize. Everyone can go on and on about "Oh, there's only 5 rides in DHS!" but those 5 rides only make up a small portion of the attractions at DHS. A large part of DHS is fueled by shows nowadays, and a few character meet and greets exclusive to the park. I'm not concerned by the fact that they only have 5 rides because they're going to make more rides. But I feel like DHS is phasing out of their live shows and that is what scares me. I feel like once the live shows at DHS are gone, they're gone. They're not going to be replaced by other shows, they're going to be replaced by rides. And it's sad because that's what I love most about DHS- it really uses those live shows to capture the glitz and glamour of Hollywood and the magic of the entertainment industry.

Meh. This rant was longer than I originally wanted it to be. And there's kinda no sense to it, since I know DHS is getting re-hauled no matter what, and it's going to be a way different park than the one I love, even if I end up loving the new one, too. When all is said and done with the DHS construction, I'll probably love "the new DHS" in a different way, but until then, I'm just gonna go be sad with my "Disney's Hollywood Studios" clapperboard and some YouTube footage of Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

I know that VotLM is on it's way out the door. It's time. I don't blame Disney for canning the show because even though I love it, it's very dated. But I'm very concerned about the direction DHS is going on.

VotLM's closure won't hurt DHS that badly. But I'm worried that this is going to open the door to more show closures. If BatB or Indiana Jones closes as well- and I've heard rumors that Indiana Jones could be on it's way out the door- now that's going to hurt DHS. Live shows make up a bigger part of DHS than most people realize. Everyone can go on and on about "Oh, there's only 5 rides in DHS!" but those 5 rides only make up a small portion of the attractions at DHS. A large part of DHS is fueled by shows nowadays, and a few character meet and greets exclusive to the park. I'm not concerned by the fact that they only have 5 rides because they're going to make more rides. But I feel like DHS is phasing out of their live shows and that is what scares me. I feel like once the live shows at DHS are gone, they're gone. They're not going to be replaced by other shows, they're going to be replaced by rides. And it's sad because that's what I love most about DHS- it really uses those live shows to capture the glitz and glamour of Hollywood and the magic of the entertainment industry.

Meh. This rant was longer than I originally wanted it to be. And there's kinda no sense to it, since I know DHS is getting re-hauled no matter what, and it's going to be a way different park than the one I love, even if I end up loving the new one, too. When all is said and done with the DHS construction, I'll probably love "the new DHS" in a different way, but until then, I'm just gonna go be sad with my "Disney's Hollywood Studios" clapperboard and some YouTube footage of Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
I agree... While the rides are only a small part of DHS, I think that's what it was intended to be. DHS, after all (from my understanding) was to be a "Living Studio" (of sorts) so it's about the performance and not the ride.

My DW really only cares about MK. If not for the kids and I, that's probably all she would do (well that and Sea World). She feels that DHS, AK and Epcot are all only half day parks. Not me. I can make a full day of pretty much all of them if I wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter