rumor about voyage at the little mermaid

Well, that would make even fewer things for us to do there next year with my 3 year old. It's looking more like we will be either skipping it entirely or just going to the Disney Junior show and then heading out.

Well, that would make even fewer things for us to do there next year with my 3 year old. It's looking more like we will be either skipping it entirely or just going to the Disney Junior show and then heading out.

It seems to be turning into a difficult park for people with little kids. There's Beauty and the Beast still. I think once things are done, it will have a better selection for all groups. But that's going to be a few years at least.

It's likely to happen One Mans Dream is also included in this rumor

When we visited in July the CM at the entrance to One Man's Dream was sing-songing "We are not closing, contrary to rumor. Please pass it along", along with "have a magical day." It was pretty comical.

We would definitely miss the Voyage ride as well. Still a must do every trip.

When we visited in July the CM at the entrance to One Man's Dream was sing-songing "We are not closing, contrary to rumor. Please pass it along", along with "have a magical day." It was pretty comical.

We would definitely miss the Voyage ride as well. Still a must do every trip.
Well One Mans Dream is kind of in the middle so I don't see why it wouldn't close.

My mom asked me yesterday if they would close DHS, and I told her no because of the way park-hopping works at Disney World. People will still go and just hit the big rides and leave. Disney will still get food profits out of them and can sell four parks. They'll also probably open parts in stages, so it will only be a dead zone completely for about a year.

I actually would miss the Little Mermaid show. I really enjoy it. That certainly wouldn't keep me from going to DHS though. I am excited to see what they are going to bring to the park though.

i agree - one man's dream and the little mermaid share the same building with the jack sparrow thing, so whatever they are doing there is gonna encompass that whole building site.....

Wow, they are going bare bones on this park- even if they launch big projects in 2016, it is going to be a puny park for a long while.

It's likely to happen One Mans Dream is also included in this rumor

When the Animation Building was closing, a CM mentioned that there were no new trainings for OMD - only people who were already cross-trained were being stationed there, so they must have been planning on it closing (to contrast, other animation CMs were being cross-trained for other attractions/relocated out of DHS depending on what they requested/were granted)

Can the Disney Junior stage show be far behind? Or maybe that side will stay the same?

I'm pretty sure this will be safe. They just finished work on the entrance and added the Doc meet over there. While not everything they do makes sense, I doubt they would several new pieces to an area only to close it down a few months later

I'm pretty sure this will be safe. They just finished work on the entrance and added the Doc meet over there. While not everything they do makes sense, I doubt they would several new pieces to an area only to close it down a few months later
It's also a huge draw for the younger crowds. If they took it away they could really hurt the amount of families coming to this park.

On the other hand, how much did they spend to renovate the trams used on the Backlot tour right before closing it?

I actually would miss the Little Mermaid show. I really enjoy it. That certainly wouldn't keep me from going to DHS though. I am excited to see what they are going to bring to the park though.

I do feel bad for the little ones that won't get to ride it thou my kids loved the show.

Wow, they are going bare bones on this park- even if they launch big projects in 2016, it is going to be a puny park for a long while.

Especially how slow Disney builds anything I heard something like 2020 before things are done.

I hope we get to see this before it closes. Our trip starts the last two days of Sept :( My mom had asked me not long ago, "they still have the Little Mermaid show don't they?" And I of course had said yes. I'd be sad for it to close before we see it one more time. It holds strong memories for me from my first trip to Disney with just me and my Mom when I was a kid. I love the movie so adored the show. We also have fastpass for it, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with those.

I heard it was going to be before the wine festival. Disney probably put it in there vault and just bring it out to tease us with it.

Any news on this? My dates are Oct 13-20 and would really love to know since my kids are younger and this is one of the things they were looking forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!