Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

@roxymama that is SO CUTE!!

Want to know what isn't cute?...the real full price of that lil ladybug was $278!!!???? Luckily I spent $40 something. So next time we all scoff at doonie prices....just remember how much that lil ladybug would have cost me at full price. Eeeeeep!

Lil ladybug is adorable!! Yeah, I've always admired Kate Spade bags but could never pay that kind of money for a purse, but at 75% off, I could talk myself into it!!

Want to know what isn't cute?...the real full price of that lil ladybug was $278!!!???? Luckily I spent $40 something. So next time we all scoff at doonie prices....just remember how much that lil ladybug would have cost me at full price. Eeeeeep!
Hooooooly bleep!

I have never bought a Kate Spade purse (weirdly enough, my glasses are Kate Spade glasses). But I do know that KS recently did a Disney line. I am not allowing myself to really look into it though! :eek:

Hooooooly bleep!

I have never bought a Kate Spade purse (weirdly enough, my glasses are Kate Spade glasses). But I do know that KS recently did a Disney line. I am not allowing myself to really look into it though! :eek:

LALALALALALALALALALALALA...I'm NOT listening. I'm NOT listening.

Hooooooly bleep!

So the funny thing is the only reason why I'm even on the mailing list is because of that disney line. But I couldn't talk myself into any of them. When the sale came up I only clicked on it hoping that the disney purses would be there. They weren't, but it still worked out great. I'll red-alert everyone here if I see any more big sales pop up (disney or not. ) :)

So the funny thing is the only reason why I'm even on the mailing list is because of that disney line. But I couldn't talk myself into any of them. When the sale came up I only clicked on it hoping that the disney purses would be there. They weren't, but it still worked out great. I'll red-alert everyone here if I see any more big sales pop up (disney or not. ) :)
The ones I have seen are the comics tote and a black tote with a red bow on them. They're cute but not for that kind of money!!

Let's interrupt purse talk to go over my training this week :)

Monday: JoJo picked Jordan. Do we call them Jor-Jor now? I was unimpressed.

Tuesday: 3 mi easy run went well. Outdoors again, hurray! I'm still diving a bit below my planned pace but this time I'm within 5-10 sec each time and I'm hitting it during the run enough that I'm not worried about it.
NOTE: Bachelor in Paradise started and next week it will be on Mon & Tue nights!! Note to future-self...I CANNOT watch the Tues episode if I do not run!

Wed: Off. Totally forgot to do my 7 min app workout, just spaced on it. Gotta do that today or tomorrow.

Thur: Tempo run. I hate treadmills so much that I stupidly ran this one outside. It was stupid hot. I forgot to syn my garmin so I don't have the official lap times in front of me. But I know I was in the 12:50+ range for the WU (still struggling to slow myself down on these) and hit my tempo perfectly at 10:20s. It was easy to be slow down for the CD annnnd I cut my cool down a little short and walked the last block to my house because it was getting very dark at this point and it was hot. I feel 95% proud of myself for my really good effort and the tempo part and 5% mad at myself for not just going on the treadmill so I could complete the full 6 miles.
BUT....Definitely the longest I've ever ran on a weeknight AND while in sub-tropical weather AND while running multiple miles of Tempo.
So maybe I can be 96% proud of myself today.

Friday (today!) OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to tonight's weather which would have been super perfect for my run. Cloudy and 70's and no humidity. But I love the Olympics more than most things in life, so there you have it.

Long run of 5 miles this weekend at 11:48...I CAN DO THAT!

Unrelated...I found this picture online and I hope anyone with knee issues will find it funny.
So if anyone asks which knee hurts...
tm6NUYV.jpg

HA! Love the knee labeling.

Also, by my calculations, you should be 97.236% proud of your Thursday efforts.

Also...OLYMPICS!!!!

Following along. I actually think the main theme from 2012's Marvel's The Avengers is a great running song. I listen to assorted podcasts while I run, but like music for the race itself. I even use that Avengers theme as part of my Star Wars 1/2 playlist since it's so good.

HA! Love the knee labeling.

Also, by my calculations, you should be 97.236% proud of your Thursday efforts.

Also...OLYMPICS!!!!

I'm 97.236% sure I LOL'd at my desk when I read that :)

Following along. I actually think the main theme from 2012's Marvel's The Avengers is a great running song. I listen to assorted podcasts while I run, but like music for the race itself. I even use that Avengers theme as part of my Star Wars 1/2 playlist since it's so good.

Thanks for reading my lil journal! Yeah I'm definitely adding it to my race day playlist! I need to switch to podcasts for my easy runs for sure. That or more "soothing" music.

And now something unexpected and fun. My little came home from school with her first medal. She "won her Olympics" at daycare. I'm pretty sure all the kids won their Olympics too ;)
image.jpg
She had so many questions during the opening ceremonies...mostly about the "slime pirates" in the beginning. Gotta love kid imaginations.

Also our box of sports beans from Amazon prime arrived on the doorstep. Variety pack for testing. Hubby loved them for before our last races. So we shall see :)

I'll be back to posting after being a triathlete's wife for the weekend. Would people want a race recap from me as a spectator?

Oh...and one more thing...OLYMPICS!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder just how effective podcasts are at helping make the run seem less difficult, but it also helps me to stay on top of all the podcasts I'm attempting to listen to.

I don't watch the Bachelorette (except that one time when I was at my sister's apartment ... but really, I was scarfing down my dinner and doing work at 11 PM while she watching the Bachelorette on the other side of the room, so it doesn't count), so I really know nothing about this ... except that Jordan is Aaron Rodgers's brother. So I don't know if she made the right decision or anything.

Yay for your longest weeknight run! I'd say you can go a little over 96% ... probably at least 97, maybe even 98%. Treadmills are stupid anyway. (They're a necessary stupid sometimes, but I still think they're stupid)

LOL! I'm pretty sure this is the story of my life. (And, come to think of it ... I hurt my left knee at Disney in January...)

I'll be back to posting after being a triathlete's wife for the weekend. Would people want a race recap from me as a spectator?

Oh...and one more thing...OLYMPICS!!!!!

YES on a recap!!!

OLYMPICS!!! That men's 4x100 relay was da bomb!!!!

This comment reminded me of a new song I just put on my playlist. It's the theme music of Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman (that movie was awful, but I loved Wonder Woman and I'm super excited for her stand alone movie!). The song is called "Is She with You?" It's pretty great. I got the recommendation from one of my favorite podcasts, Pop Culture Happy Hour . . . if you're looking for another podcast recommendation too :)

I hope your weekend as triathlete's wife went well. Can't wait to hear about it!!

So I looked over those "official" playlists and thought they were kind of a joke. Seemed like they were really pushing a lot of tween stars. I also felt like a lot of the songs they chose were either too easy going for an energy burst or chosen solely because they appeared in a movie themed to the race. And don't get me started on Descendants.

I like Hans Zimmer for playlist music. I have a few pieces from his work on The Dark Knight trilogy on my playlist. Gives me the right amount of energy.

Other Disney songs I'd recommend for a playlist.

Battle With the Forces of Evil from Sleeping Beauty. This one worked great on the mile 8 hill near DHS at the 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2.

Many, many pieces from Star Wars. Okay, technically, Disney only released The Force Awakens, but there are some great pieces from all 7 movies for a running playlist. The main theme, the Imperial March, March of the Resistance, Cantina Band theme, Duel of the Fates to name just a few.

OLYMPICS!!! :banana:

USA USA USA! That gymnastics team final was FIRE!

I don't watch the Bachelorette (except that one time when I was at my sister's apartment ... but really, I was scarfing down my dinner and doing work at 11 PM while she watching the Bachelorette on the other side of the room, so it doesn't count), so I really know nothing about this ... except that Jordan is Aaron Rodgers's brother. So I don't know if she made the right decision or anything.

Yay for your longest weeknight run! I'd say you can go a little over 96% ... probably at least 97, maybe even 98%. Treadmills are stupid anyway. (They're a necessary stupid sometimes, but I still think they're stupid)

LOL! I'm pretty sure this is the story of my life. (And, come to think of it ... I hurt my left knee at Disney in January...)

Your brain is approximately 98% smarter for not watching the bachelorette...so don't feel bad. I've missed both episodes of Bachelor in paradise this weekend and I already feel like a more productive member of society.

YES on a recap!!!

OLYMPICS!!! That men's 4x100 relay was da bomb!!!!

I'm going to practice my Michael Phelps' stink-face all day at work. Anytime someone gives me a new project I'm going to channel my inner "stank"...maybe start wagging my finger #1 whenever I do something good.

This comment reminded me of a new song I just put on my playlist. It's the theme music of Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman (that movie was awful, but I loved Wonder Woman and I'm super excited for her stand alone movie!). The song is called "Is She with You?" It's pretty great. I got the recommendation from one of my favorite podcasts, Pop Culture Happy Hour . . . if you're looking for another podcast recommendation too :)

I hope your weekend as triathlete's wife went well. Can't wait to hear about it!!

I will check that out! Don't mind channeling my inner wonder-woman whenever possible. Stay tuned for weekend recap of fun triathlon events! I attended the pre-race clinic with my hubby and now feel like I'm the most well-prepared I've ever been for a future triathlon. Too bad I don't swim and don't own a bike, haha :)

So I looked over those "official" playlists and thought they were kind of a joke. Seemed like they were really pushing a lot of tween stars. I also felt like a lot of the songs they chose were either too easy going for an energy burst or chosen solely because they appeared in a movie themed to the race. And don't get me started on Descendants.

I like Hans Zimmer for playlist music. I have a few pieces from his work on The Dark Knight trilogy on my playlist. Gives me the right amount of energy.

Other Disney songs I'd recommend for a playlist.

Battle With the Forces of Evil from Sleeping Beauty. This one worked great on the mile 8 hill near DHS at the 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2.

Many, many pieces from Star Wars. Okay, technically, Disney only released The Force Awakens, but there are some great pieces from all 7 movies for a running playlist. The main theme, the Imperial March, March of the Resistance, Cantina Band theme, Duel of the Fates to name just a few.

Thank you for the song recs! I have spotify and love trying out new music as it keeps the runs from getting stale. I'll have to do a Star Wars themed run soon and let you know how it went.

Training update and this week's plan!

Hi All - I am here again after a long weekend out and about. Stay Tuned for a Naperville Sprint Triathlon recap...coming soon!
I will say that I was EXHAUSTED from being a tri-wife. But so so so so proud! You have to wake up so much earlier than doing just a running race because of all the set up involved. And I had to run around to be in a bunch of different places to capture all the pictures of him in each stage. But I guess I can't complain too much since I didn't have to actually, you know, do an actual triathlon. haha :)
Reason #145875454 why I love my husband. On Sunday afternoon he could tell I was "fried" but trying not to show it and said "You can be tired too, it doesn't have to be a contest."
I did see that they had relay teams and it kind of looked like a party, so maybe next year I can talk some people into swimming and biking and I'll go on the run. Then I can be 1/3 of a triathlete...so...an athlete :) Although their times on the results looked pretty competitive...I guess if you don't have to swim or bike, your run is gonna be faster.

TRAINING PLAN WEEK OF 8/8:
Monday: watched the Olympics! Because Olympics > Bachelor. But don't worry, I caught up on my tv app during my lunch break yesterday.
Tuesday: BLIND RUN! 3 miles at EA 13:03 pace. Completed!
So here's how it went.
First I started watching the Womens' Team gymnastics final. Got through the vault and the uneven bars started and I told myself to get my backside outside and that I can always rewind and rewatch it. I was avoiding spoilers all day and it wasn't like I could get spoiled while outside running.
I wore my watch and did not cover it BUT I had the strength to not look at it....so GO ME! First "blind run" where I didn't have to like force it covered...I just used my own will power. I appreciated the buzzing for the laps though. And here's the fun part...Mile 3.0 came about 20 feet in front of my driveway...so I even did the mileage right :)
I will say my workday was absolute garbage and my brain was toast and so just running without trying to "pay attention" too hard was a godsend, but it made for kind of lazy bad first mile.
Mile 1: 14:22....yeahhhhhh I think I was "course correcting" myself TOO MUCH trying to be slow on purpose because I was afraid I'd be too fast. I even was thinking "I'm running weird...this is not even normal...what am I doing" I was like slow galloping...I can't even describe it. It felt like mile 1 took way too long and apparently it did take way too long.
Mile 2: I internally told myself...just run how you know easy pace feels...so what if you end up too fast. And 12:53! Woila....I made a correction and it kinda worked. And it felt normal, thank god.
MIle 3: Now here's where it gets a little weird. I felt like I got slower for mile 3. I would have bet you $20 bucks I got slower. It was hot and muggy out but I wasn't like over-exerting at all, I was quite comfortable if not sweaty, but I thought I had zoned out a lot and probably slowed because of it. Nope...12:12.
So not a fast mile for me by any means but faster than I would have guessed.

So if I had to diagnose my run; I would say Mile 1 was a lesson in "don't try to change how I run to hit a pace...trust that I know what easy and medium and hard is."
Mile 2 I was pleased with. It shows I do know how to make myself run easy in the right way.
Mile 3 shows that maybe I'm starting to reach the zen "zoning out" phase of my running. I'd love to zen zone out in longer runs like that. Now just have to translate that to zen zone out when I'm running faster (like my long runs)

Overall 13:09 average...so pretty close to 13:03.

Wed: Off night.
Thur: TEMPO NIGHT! 6 Miles with 2 mile of Tempo in the middle. This one 100% will be on the treadmill. I can't use "getting dark" as excuse to cut it a mile short like last time. And I'd like to get used to doing the correct paces like a metronome since many of my future tempo runs are gonna have to be on a treadmill.
Fri: Off night
Sat: Long run 4 miles. (Hey, I can do that!)

So @DopeyBadger - think my blind run was ok? Telling of anything? At least I recognized the first mile felt "wrong"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter