• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Row row row your boat! July 28, 2013 on the Dream!

Good Morning!

I was just looking at the calendar and realized we leave Indy 16 weeks from today to fly to Orlando. YEAH!

My husband (ever the voice of reason) just warned me not to count my life away. He knows I love to count down to anything Disney!! :woohoo:

Whatever your countdown clock looks like -- hope you all are having a great weekend. It actually feels like spring here today. :thumbsup2

Hi PlaidSheep
Are you done with shoveling ??
I hope our group continues to grow ! The more the merrier :cool1:

Ha! Yes, it's been since at least April 1st! We get these odd squalls... But nothing shoveable.

Now we have wind advisories this weekend. Gotta love New England!

I've been making lists and more lists, because we are going to the parks first. I'll be packing more than usual.
Is it weird to salivate over travel sizes?:lmao:

Getting our passports renewed was wicked quick. It took about 2 weeks to process.

Are you doing any excursions?

I don't think so.
We were going back and forth on weather or not to do the Discover Atlantis excursion, but decided that the price wasn't worth it for us.

Just booked the Atlantis Aquaventure. Anyone going with us ?
This is a great time to go since there are no other ships there. We decided if we were ever going to do it this would be the best time.

Are we going to have a Fish Extender group ? :confused3 If people are hesitant to do this, we could do a Secret Mickey ( like Secret Santa). We actually did both on our cruise in March. I gave someone a beach towel. I received a Mickey wristlet.

Wish we could get more to join our DisGroup.pixiedust:

I just realized that I can start my double-digit dance....it's 99 days until my vacation starts!!!! :woohoo: Just had to share....it's getting closer!!

Hope you all have a great day.

Yes, getting closer !! :cool1:
Have you made your ressies yet ? Are you planning to go to Palo ?
What are you doing in Nassau ?
We made ressies for Atlantis Aquaventure , but not sure I want to spend the money :confused3. May go to Cable Beach. The pools are beautiful :dance3: and the beach very nice. Plus they have good food right by the pool. Kinda expensive but not outrageous.
Just my 2 cents :rolleyes1

It's too early to make my reservations...I'm a first-timer! It's a couple more weeks for me. :)

I am really hoping we can do Palo. That looks so wonderful. We are hoping to do some exploring in Nausau, but I don't plan to do an official excursion. My son wants to get his passport stamped...then, we're headed back to the pool on the ship. ;)

Well, I'm off to get ready for work....still have to finish paying for vacation!! Have a great day. :thumbsup2

I am really hoping for brunch...since it's only 4 days, we want to have dinner together as a family (assuming I can get my son out of the Edge!)

Just showed my son the Pirate Museum website...he thought that was "very cool." Looks like we've got ourselves something to do after he gets his passport stamped! :cool1:

Hey everyone!!!!!
Time for another round of... "It's New England, what do I wear now??"

I was debating on wearing shorts this weekend.. it was that nice...we had the windows open, the ceiling fans were going.....it smelled like spring....but TOMORROW.... yup.. I'm going to say it..... a lovely mix of rain and SNOW!!!

Oh well, at least I haven't taken the ice scraper out of the car yet.... it's not July.:rotfl2:

But speaking of July.......

Double digits!!!!!!! YEAHHH!!!!!! :woohoo::yay:

I have started my cruise box in earnest... throwing the random flip flops and cans of sunscreen into it....
I also ordered myself a new bathing suit... Kohls was having a pretty good sale online...

How is everyones spring... weather... weekend.. gardening....end of school countdown... packing.. planning... dreaming.. going?????

Plaid Sheep....so very sorry for the people of Boston and all the heartaches you guys have endured the past week ! Prayers go out to all the victims and their families !! But what spirit you guys have ! Beautiful to see :thumbsup2

We changed our mind about Nassau. We are now signed up for the Blue Lagoon beach day. We were there 2 years ago when our Granddaughters did the dolphin excursion, which they loved ! The beach is beautiful with lots of shade and lots of hammocks :)
Another thing we have done when in Nassau is go out to the Sheraton at Cable Beach...very nice pools, swim up bar, outdoor cafe by the pool, pretty beach. We would go there but wanted a change.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing the FE. So far there's only 13 of us on the Dis Group. Where is everyone ??:confused3

Plaid Sheep....so very sorry for the people of Boston and all the heartaches you guys have endured the past week ! Prayers go out to all the victims and their families !! But what spirit you guys have ! Beautiful to see :thumbsup2

We changed our mind about Nassau. We are now signed up for the Blue Lagoon beach day. We were there 2 years ago when our Granddaughters did the dolphin excursion, which they loved ! The beach is beautiful with lots of shade and lots of hammocks :)
Another thing we have done when in Nassau is go out to the Sheraton at Cable Beach...very nice pools, swim up bar, outdoor cafe by the pool, pretty beach. We would go there but wanted a change.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing the FE. So far there's only 13 of us on the Dis Group. Where is everyone ??:confused3

Thank you.
I live one town over from where the starting line is, and if my son hadn't thrown an EPIC temper tantrum my DH would of taken the kids in to see the finish line. I can't even go there....
We all know someone who was running or was in the city then... it's was all sorts of tense last week. Then when the manhunt started and the city being on lockdown.. it was just... wow.
But like New York and Oklahoma and now Texas with that awful explosion and every other place where something tragic has happened, we have banded together and fought back.... that is what we do.

Anyway, we are flip flopping on a beach day for Nassau... I really don't want to leave the ship, but I know the kids will want to swim and I am not a fan of the human soup.:stir: but when they see Atlantis... commercials for that place are on every 5 minutes here.. they will flip and want to go over there.
Ugh. :confused3

Hi everyone! We just booked! Actually, we were scheduled on the Magic 8 Day cruise out of Galveston April 26th, but my hubby tore his Achilles' tendon on Sunday forcing us to reschedule! We are definitely up for joining an FE list! We were a part of one on the Magic before canceling and I've already got lots of goodies I don't want to waste!

The last cruise I was on made a spreadsheet in google docs. I can see if I can figure it out, but not sure I want to "own" it. This is my first cruise ever so I'm sure there's a DCL vet that can do a much better job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter