Row row row your boat! July 28, 2013 on the Dream!

Congratulations!!! That's a great detail to have off your mind!!! We are closing in on the 300 day mark (that's still too far away!)...it's still a good time for a little happy dance with you.

:cool1:

Ha! All I do is a happy dance when I start thinking of this. This trip means so much to DH and I . DH and I are former CM's and between the two of us, (mind you WDW circa 2001) we had done everything.
My parents, between visting me for 8 years and prior family vacations, could find their way around blind folded.
My DD has had a quick weekend... and this is a first for my DS.

This trip is HUGE. It's a surprise for the kids and a thank you to my parents and with them getting older and trips I know that are coming in the future, this may be the only trip they have with the grandkids.

I am not planning the perfect must see everything do everything eat everything tra lalalalala trip. I just want them there... in a place that means so much to my husband and I... and a damn Mickey ice cream because I MISS those little suckers.:lmao:

Oh, I LOVE this. We surprised my son twice for trips to Disney -- I probably had as much fun planning the surprise as I did planning the trip (and I really love the joy of having the grandparents along). How are you going to break the news?

We told my parents last August. We took them out for their Anniversary and had a friend send up a couple of the classic ears with their names on them. Then I got a bottle of their favorite Port and made up a Pirate themed card telling them we were kidnapping them.
The look of "Whaaaaa???" on their faces was hysterical because I think they though we were going to drop a "We're pregnant" bomb on them. We had to let them know that far in advance because I booked the cruise the first day it was out... and they have a habit of planning these elaborate trips for themselves...

The kids... hmm... we haven't told them yet. I don't think it will be until the last day of school for that... and then were won't tell them that were are also cruising.

Ha. THAT will be something.

What about you? Is this a surprise trip?

No....no surprises for us this trip. It's been fun doing the planning together with my son. He's in 6th grade and I'm teaching him how to enjoy being a Disney-planner!! ;) We search you tube together every once in a while to find a video about Disney Cruises. Plus, he's learning what it takes to save for a vacation! I'm glad to be able to talk with the family, but the surprises were so magical! pixiedust:

I was going to wait for the New Year before I stopped lurking and started posting on this thread, but I just couldn't wait. DW41, DD12, and I (DH48)will be on the 7/28 cruise and will be traveling with our good friends DW42, DH48, and DS7. DD11 made a few good friends from a DC meets thread last year and helped make our cruise a treat for all. So if anyone has a DD11-13 at the time of the cruise that would like to exchange emails with her, PM me and we can make it happen.

Everyone else, I hope this meet livens up a bit as we get ready to go because with as much time as I spend on Disboards, it is great to get a chance to meet a few of you in person. Thank you Plaid Sheep for getting this thread started.

Welcome aboard, Fuhnuh! I have DS12 who is very excited to meet other tweens on the cruise. He's hoping to make lots of new friends in the tween club (the name of which escapes me at 4:45 a.m. while I'm making coffee!!). :-)

I wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope your holidays are filled with peace, fun and family.

Then...the countdown can begin in earnest!! :thumbsup2

No, just making MANY MANY lists!!

I can start making ADR's Saturday for the land portion and I am trying to figure out where and when.

I absolutly hate that... who knows WHAT we want then, NOW!!!...... I may be peckish for German and NOT Italian in Epcot that day... Grrr....

So I am biting the bullet and just making a few at the places who really want to go and hope for the best for the rest!

I am also sitting on my cruise payments (why should they get the interest) and can't wait to send that off!!

Oh, Plaid Sheep, I completely agree about ADR's! I don't know what I want for lunch -- let alone 180 days from now! :-)

So I have a small list of our ADR must haves, and I will just leave the rest to chance.We will have a car nd there are places off property we want to hit.

What are y'all waiting to book on the cruise?

We are just going to book a couple of things in the spa and Palo. I would love to do Remy, but we want to see all the restaurants ....

Yes, Plaid Sheep...I'd love to do Remy, but we want to see all the restaurants too.

I still haven't decided what we're going to book. I am certain the spa will be involved!! :-) I'm still trying to figure out what to do in Nausau that I'm willing to pay the price for.

I should go look this up...can you do lunch at Palo, or dinner only?

Hope you have a great week!!

I think my husband wants to do Remy's.... I have to let him read the menu first and ask my parents if they want to do something like that.

I think on the sea day, Palo has a brunch.... I may try for that as well.

My husband is a spa person.... I need to get him to figure out what he would want!
I do want to try the rainforest room... that sounds just luxurious...

As to excursions, we don't care for Nassua... right now we plan on staying on board, but who knows.....
They have been running those darn "come to Atlantis" commercials and my kids freak when they see them. I have a feeling when they find out where we are going they are going to want to go over there... who knows..

Once again, I can't plan things for this weekend.. let alone JULY!! :)

It is VERY cold and snowy here in Indianapolis today. I'm trying to think of a warm day at Castaway Cay with my toes in the sand listening to children playing, sipping a cold drink. Anyone else want to join me?! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter