Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Hi folks, so no news today, unless the Pink Princess is burning the midnight oil, and she may very well be doing just that. BTW: She is tweeting right now, which leads me to believe she is taking a well-deserved rest.

Our List of Hopefuls is up to date! I love seeing it grow everyday. It gives me the chance to have a quick conversation with so many of you. It is so fun to see where so many of us are from. :goodvibes

By the way, I'm still thinking the answer to the Dole Whip question has to be pineapple. Let's face it, you can buy plain soft serve at lots of places at MK and (all of the parks), but the Dole Whip is the only kind with pineapple. Who knows?! It will be interesting to see from who goes on to Round 2 if we can determine what answer they were looking for with this question! :scratchin

When the Round 2 emails go out, those moving on to the next phase could possibly declare if they are on Team Pineapple or Team Soft Serve. That will be interesting indeed! :goodvibes

FWIW~ Laura Spencer just tweeted this: "Tell hopefuls I am just a middle aged Princess with a pair of reading glasses and a pinched nerve LOL! Reading fast as we can!"

:cheer2: :grouphug:Grab your tea leaves folks. Could mean we have a bit of a wait ahead of us. :grouphug: :cheer2:

FWIW~ Laura Spencer just tweeted this: "Tell hopefuls I am just a middle aged Princess with a pair of reading glasses and a pinched nerve LOL! Reading fast as we can!"

I just saw that too - It must be one heck of a task wading through all those applications!!

I wonder if they are possibly doing things a little differently this year. Could they be cutting the numbers down further than usual in order to make reading through the next round of submissions go faster? I am specifically thinking about the specialty applications since this year they had more specific questions in Round 1 than last year that might allow them to make stronger cuts than previously done at this point. Just speculation of course since I have absolutely no real idea lol.

I wonder if they are possibly doing things a little differently this year. Could they be cutting the numbers down further than usual in order to make reading through the next round of submissions go faster? I am specifically thinking about the specialty applications since this year they had more specific questions in Round 1 than last year that might allow them to make stronger cuts than previously done at this point. Just speculation of course since I have absolutely no real idea lol.

Well, anything is possible. We'll just have to keep the faith for now and hope for the best. :confused3 Here's hoping we know sooner rather than later...sigh sigh sigh. :banana:

I wonder if the lag in reading through the apps has something to do with the Dole Whip question. Maybe the question was written with one answer being the "right" one, but after reading some of the points made by by applicants who chose the other answer, they decided to accept both and had to go back through apps, or override an automatic "weeding out" system.

I'm sure we will all know soon!

Hi folks, so no news today, unless the Pink Princess is burning the midnight oil, and she may very well be doing just that. BTW: She is tweeting right now, which leads me to believe she is taking a well-deserved rest.

Our List of Hopefuls is up to date! I love seeing it grow everyday. It gives me the chance to have a quick conversation with so many of you. It is so fun to see where so many of us are from. :goodvibes

Agree so fun :)

Thanks so much for doing it :banana:

So, while we're waiting... who has made it to Round 2 or Round 3 before? I made it to Round 3 two years ago and Round 2 last year. I've applied every year since the panel was started and I was SHOCKED when I finally made it past round 1!! What about you?

Last year was my first year applying and I made it to round 2.

This year....well I keep going over my essays in my head and have pretty much convinced myself I didn't make it. :confused3

:cheer2: :grouphug:Grab your tea leaves folks. Could mean we have a bit of a wait ahead of us. :grouphug: :cheer2:

It doesn't sound like they are through yet! We will need to enjoy waiting a little while longer. ;)

To Laura,

Take your time. Just like it is fun to anticipate our next Disney trip. It is fun to wait and hope and dream!!

I am waiting and hoping and dreaming...and Saturday I go to Disney World.

Life is wonderful!! :lovestruc

DisneyLifeMel said:

Well she probably needs one after going through the huge number of applications. Not a task for the light hearted, so much effort, passion and hope in each application it must be such a hard task to select the few to go through.

I have enjoyed reading the list and watching it grow. I have some new Disney Pals ;0)

Down side to this processes was the lack of sleep I got last night, finally fell asleep about 3am my alarm went off at 7am :0( soooo sleepy... Hopefully I will make it through the day.

I feel like its OMDD contest time all over again! :) That seems to be the last time I checked my email so much and got a jump everytime something Disney came, or the fed ex truck drove by. Anyone else remember that?

It sounds to me as if it will be a few more days based upon Laura's tweet from earlier. If she finishes tomorrow night (last year her Friday night tweets indicated a possibility they were done) we may hear on Saturday, otherwise I would imagine not till Tues/Wednesday of next week.

On the plus side for me, I received notice today that I passed my NCC certification exam. That means that I am now a "certified" registered nurse in inpatient obstetrics! Yea me! Frankly I'm just glad the test is over. I had to take the exam less than 48 hours after returning from a week at WDW, so needless to say I didn't study as much as I would have liked. May the good luck continue....

I have been enjoying the deliciousness that is a Dole Whip since the 1980's. I've eaten them at WDW, Disneyland, and even the Dole Plantation in Hawaii. I am TEAM PINEAPPLE!

On the plus side for me, I received notice today that I passed my NCC certification exam. That means that I am now a "certified" registered nurse in inpatient obstetrics! Yea me! Frankly I'm just glad the test is over. I had to take the exam less than 48 hours after returning from a week at WDW, so needless to say I didn't study as much as I would have liked. May the good luck continue....

I have been enjoying the deliciousness that is a Dole Whip since the 1980's. I've eaten them at WDW, Disneyland, and even the Dole Plantation in Hawaii. I am TEAM PINEAPPLE!

Hey, great news for you!!! Congratulations! :cool1:

I made it to Round 2 last year and have applied every year since the panel's inception...and I'm a pineapple!

Today will be a complete distraction for me as work has been Bu-sy! I am looking forward to a massage late this afternoon and when I get home I need to become 'Ms. Bossy-Boots' to get DS and DH moving with cleaning/tidying, etc... We have a houseful of people coming in the late afternoon on Saturday for a three-birthday dinner. I'm hoping to have most done tonight, so I can relax at a point on Saturday. (Well, at least brush my hair and teeth and put on clean clothes prior to people arriving!)

Have a great day everyone! You know I'll be checking back in later! pixiedust:

I feel like its OMDD contest time all over again! :) That seems to be the last time I checked my email so much and got a jump everytime something Disney came, or the fed ex truck drove by. Anyone else remember that?

I thought I recognized your Dis name! ;) You're our friend from the OMDD thread who always wished us well and asked about our trips.:wave2: Nice to see you here and good luck too!pixiedust:

I thought I recognized your Dis name! ;) You're our friend from the OMDD thread who always wished us well and asked about our trips.:wave2: Nice to see you here and good luck too!pixiedust:

Hey, friendly faces! That thread was a lot of fun (except for, you know, the part where I didn't win)! I remember thinking at the time how similar it was to the Mom's Panel waiting room.

All I have to say now is THANK GOODNESS for the Orioles. If they weren't playing some thrilling baseball this week against the Yankees in the playoffs, I would be going much more crazy while waiting to hear back about Round 2.

Good morning everyone!

I have a crazy busy work day ahead of me. Hoping we all have surprise e-mails today.

Good luck everyone! Hang on! Lets get the DIS moved on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter