• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

room only offer starts October 8

I'm just crossing my fingers and HOPING the CR will be discounted 30% in that deal. Pleeeeease!!

Hi, we will be checking in January 11 and checking out the 19th. If January 17-19 is blacked out, would s/p/d still work for us...since we check in on a date the special applies? My guess is for RO, we would get the discount on all but the last two nights.

I'm not thrilled with s/p/d, to be honest. Since we stay value but like to go to a couple character meals, we'd have to pay the difference to get the regular dining plan. We'd come out about even. We'll take the offer...for the convenience of having our food already paid for with the plan, which we would never buy at regular price. But ultimately, we won't be SAVING money, which is what we like from disney offers.

Thanks for the info!

Hi, I posted this in the wrong thread I think. After scrolling further, I got my answer from a different thread. Sorry about that. Thank you! :D

It looks like previous years included January 1st and then January 2nd, more recently, through until March. Shame it looks like they'll be cutting out those first few days from the discount. I hope they'll offer some sort of discount which will include the beginning of January. :scratchin

Ok, thank you!! I had looked on the website, and for those dates it was gonna be about $180 a night for a preferred room, which we'd want, lol ;), but I had thought I saw somewhere where the discount would be 25% for value? Course, I know that's higher than normal, but I was hopin!! ;) If all that's correct, we'd save a little over $300 with room only. And,I was thinkin, if we just did 1 table service meal, and the rest all quick service, with 1 or 2 snacks and drinks a day, we'd still save money. But, when I think about s/p/d bein only $15 a day for 2 quick service & a snack a day, it sounds like such a deal!! Ugh! I'm prolly stressing over much of nothin!! lol Just tryin to go as cheaply as possible, this time!! lol Like cheap & Disney really go together!! lol Thanks so much for your help!! :)

Hello the discount will be around 15 % for the values, you will pay for a preffered rooom at all star music for example, sunday to thursday no more than 150 and friday and saturday around 184, a preffered room at Pop will cost around 10 more for your dates, hope this help

Ok, thank you!! I had looked on the website, and for those dates it was gonna be about $180 a night for a preferred room, which we'd want, lol ;), but I had thought I saw somewhere where the discount would be 25% for value? Course, I know that's higher than normal, but I was hopin!! ;) If all that's correct, we'd save a little over $300 with room only. And,I was thinkin, if we just did 1 table service meal, and the rest all quick service, with 1 or 2 snacks and drinks a day, we'd still save money. But, when I think about s/p/d bein only $15 a day for 2 quick service & a snack a day, it sounds like such a deal!! Ugh! I'm prolly stressing over much of nothin!! lol Just tryin to go as cheaply as possible, this time!! lol Like cheap & Disney really go together!! lol Thanks so much for your help!! :)

Hello the discount will be at least 20 % for values, you will pay sunday to thursday no more than 140 and friday and saturday around 172 hope this help

I must be misunderstanding something. I keeping hearing that values (on discount) will be in the mid $100's. I've never paid $100 at a value in my life! Right now I have a reservation for $95 weekdays, $120 weekend without a discount. I am hoping for 20% off of that, now I feel like I am being greedy! :rotfl:

Just to follow up, from what I priced out, AoA without discount (since it might not be included) would be 1195. POR with 30% discount would be 1331. So $136 more to stay are POR vs AoA ... sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Yep. That is what we are trying to decide. We have never stayed at AoA and thought it would be neat, but we don't care for Value's and did not like Pop at all. However, this past August we were upgraded for free to a Royal Princess room, so it would be hard to go back and not get as nice of a room!

Thanks for clearing up the confusion with the AP and r/o discount. After doing the math, and looking at the meals we like to eat, it seemed a little cheaper to do the dining plan. Plus, I think it is more that we don't feel the pain as we pay for the overpriced food since it is prepaid. You know?

Hello the discount will be around 15 % for the values, you will pay for a preffered rooom at all star music for example, sunday to thursday no more than 150 and friday and saturday around 184, a preffered room at Pop will cost around 10 more for your dates, hope this help

Hello the discount will be at least 20 % for values, you will pay sunday to thursday no more than 140 and friday and saturday around 172 hope this help

Will it be 15% or 20%?? I can't wait for the 8th. I just want to have everything confirmed and stop wondering/worrying!

I don't understand S/P/D that well.

Can anyone tell me if my math is right?

We're staying 5 nights in a value (will switch to Pop if AOA LM is not included as expected), and are 4 Disney adults, and will need to upgrade to the regular dining plan.

The cost of the kids' quick service plan is $15.75/night per person x 4... $63/night. The cost to upgrade a kids' quick service to a kids' regular DDP is $3.13/night per person x4. That's an extra $12.52 per night. Total of $75.52/night.

So multiply that x 5 nights and I get a total of $377.60 dining plan cost for 4 people for 5 nights. This seems WAY TOO LOW to me.

Am I using the right prices to start with?!?

I don't understand S/P/D that well.

Can anyone tell me if my math is right?

We're staying 5 nights in a value (will switch to Pop if AOA LM is not included as expected), and are 4 Disney adults, and will need to upgrade to the regular dining plan.

The cost of the kids' quick service plan is $15.75/night per person x 4... $63/night. The cost to upgrade a kids' quick service to a kids' regular DDP is $3.13/night per person x4. That's an extra $12.52 per night. Total of $75.52/night.

So multiply that x 5 nights and I get a total of $377.60 dining plan cost for 4 people for 5 nights. This seems WAY TOO LOW to me.

Am I using the right prices to start with?!?

To upgrade, you will pay the difference in the adult dining plan cost. The difference between adult QS (39.64) and TS (58.66), which is about $19 per person, per night. It is about a $380 upgrade. The total upgraded DP cost will be about $695.(15.75x4x5 +19x4x5).

It would actually be about $43 or so per night per person since you would need to pay the upgrade amount for an adult. It might be cheaper or better value for you to consider a moderate resort. Then you would only be paying around $18 per night per person for the dining plan.

Gotcha - so if we stay value, we will have to upgrade to the ADULT dining plan.. making it kinda not S/P/D anyway. Knew that was too good to be true.

Will have to price difference between S/P/D with a mod and RO discount at a Value. We do have several character meals planned for my 4 YO niece.

It would actually be about $43 or so per night per person since you would need to pay the upgrade amount for an adult. It might be cheaper or better value for you to consider a moderate resort. Then you would only be paying around $18 per night per person for the dining plan.

So if I got this right, values get the QS plan while moderates get the regular plan (the one with 1 TS meal)? Looks like I have another day of crunching numbers!

From my understanding at a value you would pay $15.75 + $19.02= $34.77 per adult for regular dining plan. Kids would just pay $18.88. So daily Total for family of 2 adults, 2 kids = $107.30 for regular (1 TS, 1 QS, 1 snack) dining plan at a value resort with SPD discount.

Subbing. We used SPD for February this year. We booked the first day when there was a glitch in the system, so SPD ended up being only very slightly more than FD would have been. They fixed the glitch later but our package cost didn't change. We also happened to get a FD PIN the day SPD came out, but didn't use it because of the glitch. If only we could get so lucky this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter