room only offer starts October 8

I don't know for sure this year, but it was not blacked out last year :).....hoping not, that's our week too.

Will there be any discounts for marathon weekend? Or is it always the case that there are no discounts at all that weekend

Will there be any discounts for marathon weekend? Or is it always the case that there are no discounts at all that weekend

There have been the last 3 years. Room prices go up, but the discount is still available.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Will Mardi Gras week be open I wonder? It falls in March this year, Mar 1-8. I will be anxiously waiting, thanks for the heads up for October 8th!

So, to verify - the dates in January to be blacked out will be the 17th to the 19th? If we check in on January 13th and check out on the 18th, this won't affect the SPD discount because check in is before the blackout - right?

TIA!

So, to verify - the dates in January to be blacked out will be the 17th to the 19th? If we check in on January 13th and check out on the 18th, this won't affect the SPD discount because check in is before the blackout - right?

TIA!

Correct.

Help me here. We recently upgraded to AP's. We were thinking of adding the dining plan, since we are AP holders. Can I use a general r/o discount and add the dining plan on since we are AP holders? Or can I only do that if I use an AP r/o discount?

Not even sure we are going to use the discount as we are booked at AoA mermaid room for jan 10-19 so that means we would have to change resorts.

Ok, so we're plannin on goin Mar. 21-28. We're 2 adults & 2 kids, ages 5 & 9. We'll stay at Pop. This time, we were gonna try to go without the dining plan, and get our tickets from Undercover Tourist, to save money. So, we just planned on using the room only discount. We planned on doin 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night, and that be our only table service meal. We planned on just doin quick service for every other meal. But, if s/p/d is offered, would it be worth it for us to get our tickets with the package & just do that, since my husband & I would get 2 quick service meals a day for the same price as our girls? Or, is the room only discount still going to be better for us?

Ok, so we're plannin on goin Mar. 21-28. We're 2 adults & 2 kids, ages 5 & 9. We'll stay at Pop. This time, we were gonna try to go without the dining plan, and get our tickets from Undercover Tourist, to save money. So, we just planned on using the room only discount. We planned on doin 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night, and that be our only table service meal. We planned on just doin quick service for every other meal. But, if s/p/d is offered, would it be worth it for us to get our tickets with the package & just do that, since my husband & I would get 2 quick service meals a day for the same price as our girls? Or, is the room only discount still going to be better for us?

At Pop for those dates it's probably around 160 a night on average so you save Prob 15% $24 times 7=168 savings which isn't much. If you are planning on eating QS twice a day the SPD is probably a better deal. Just on the price difference of the 2 adult park tickets you would save about $40. The Kids qsdp is only $15ish so you'd be paying $60 per day for the 2 meals for your family. No way you can eat for that I don't think. Check out menus though. It depends to on if you would normally be buying desserts, snacks, and drinks.

Will Mardi Gras week be open I wonder? It falls in March this year, Mar 1-8. I will be anxiously waiting, thanks for the heads up for October 8th!

The 3rd through the 16th have been blocked out of all the pin codes so far.:confused3

At Pop for those dates it's probably around 160 a night on average so you save Prob 15% $24 times 7=168 savings which isn't much. If you are planning on eating QS twice a day the SPD is probably a better deal. Just on the price difference of the 2 adult park tickets you would save about $40. The Kids qsdp is only $15ish so you'd be paying $60 per day for the 2 meals for your family. No way you can eat for that I don't think. Check out menus though. It depends to on if you would normally be buying desserts, snacks, and drinks.

Ok, thank you!! I had looked on the website, and for those dates it was gonna be about $180 a night for a preferred room, which we'd want, lol ;), but I had thought I saw somewhere where the discount would be 25% for value? Course, I know that's higher than normal, but I was hopin!! ;) If all that's correct, we'd save a little over $300 with room only. And,I was thinkin, if we just did 1 table service meal, and the rest all quick service, with 1 or 2 snacks and drinks a day, we'd still save money. But, when I think about s/p/d bein only $15 a day for 2 quick service & a snack a day, it sounds like such a deal!! Ugh! I'm prolly stressing over much of nothin!! lol Just tryin to go as cheaply as possible, this time!! lol Like cheap & Disney really go together!! lol Thanks so much for your help!! :)

I've been crunching numbers and if it really is 25% off for values, that would end up being cheaper for us in the AoA suite than SPD. I really have my heart set on staying in a suite because we are travelling with 3 adults and 2 kids. It will break my heart if the AoA suites are excluded.

Were they excluded from the fall RO offer too? Or just the FD offer?

Help me here. We recently upgraded to AP's. We were thinking of adding the dining plan, since we are AP holders. Can I use a general r/o discount and add the dining plan on since we are AP holders? Or can I only do that if I use an AP r/o discount?

Not even sure we are going to use the discount as we are booked at AoA mermaid room for jan 10-19 so that means we would have to change resorts.

Absolutely, if you are AP holders, and are paying full cash for the dining plan, you can take a r/o discount, then pay for the dining plan !!!

But, as AP holders, you REALLY should look at the Tables in Wonderland card, which saves you 20% off most food and alcohol at Disney restaurants, and what will actually cost you less. You very well might be better off doing an R/O with a TiW Card to save the most money.

Also, I would suggest comparing an AP rate Moderate with a full priced AoA room, they actually might work out to be about the same. So you could theoretically get a Mod resort, with TiW and pay less then AoA with Dining....

:)

Absolutely, if you are AP holders, and are paying full cash for the dining plan, you can take a r/o discount, then pay for the dining plan !!!

But, as AP holders, you REALLY should look at the Tables in Wonderland card, which saves you 20% off most food and alcohol at Disney restaurants, and what will actually cost you less. You very well might be better off doing an R/O with a TiW Card to save the most money.

Also, I would suggest comparing an AP rate Moderate with a full priced AoA room, they actually might work out to be about the same. So you could theoretically get a Mod resort, with TiW and pay less then AoA with Dining....

:)

Just to follow up, from what I priced out, AoA without discount (since it might not be included) would be 1195. POR with 30% discount would be 1331. So $136 more to stay are POR vs AoA ... sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Quick question: if I have a reservation already, can I apply the discount to that reservation, or do I have to make a whole new one?

You can call Disney (or your TA if you booked through an agent) and see if they can apply the discount. Try to do it early on though because it's based on availability. Even though you've booked already, being able to apply the discount is based on availability at the time you call to apply it. They only set aside a certain number of rooms at each resort so if you call and all of the discounted rooms are gone, you'll still have to pay whatever price you're currently reserved at.

You can call Disney (or your TA if you booked through an agent) and see if they can apply the discount. Try to do it early on though because it's based on availability. Even though you've booked already, being able to apply the discount is based on availability at the time you call to apply it. They only set aside a certain number of rooms at each resort so if you call and all of the discounted rooms are gone, you'll still have to pay whatever price you're currently reserved at.

Thanks very much, I'll make sure to get on the phone at 7 am!

The 3rd through the 16th have been blocked out of all the pin codes so far.:confused3

I know :(

Last year I did get a Free Dining pin code and I hope to get one again this year that will not exclude Mardi Gras week. It normally is included except when overlapped with a marathon or President's Week.

Maybe Disney caught on to all us MS/LA people migrating south during MG ;)

I know :( Last year I did get a Free Dining pin code and I hope to get one again this year that will not exclude Mardi Gras week. It normally is included except when overlapped with a marathon or President's Week. Maybe Disney caught on to all us MS/LA people migrating south during MG ;)

I am glad i didn't wait too long and got my AAA rate of 15% off the BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter