ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
in what way? are they safe to use?
My experience is that they are lacking attention to detail. (Reread your purchase contract to make sure there are no typos in your names and addresses. Also that points and use year match as advertised.)
Their broker coordinator communication was also pretty slow to notify for ROFR. (My title company had told me that we passed maybe a week earlier.)

My experience is that they are lacking attention to detail. (Reread your purchase contract to make sure there are no typos in your names and addresses. Also that points and use year match as advertised.)
Their broker coordinator communication was also pretty slow to notify for ROFR. (My title company had told me that we passed maybe a week earlier.)
if points are banked from 2021 (Dec use year) then are they valid until 11/30/23?

in what way? are they safe to use?

There have been posts lately of buyers finding out after closing of undisclosed trips-by the sellers, wrong UY of contracts, and slow communication.

Many though have used without issue. They just to seem to have a higher rate of issues than others.

There have been posts lately of buyers finding out after closing of undisclosed trips-by the sellers, wrong UY of contracts, and slow communication.

Many though have used without issue. They just to seem to have a higher rate of issues than others.
thank you. it does say on the contract that the seller will have to pay us $25 pp if they are lying

thank you. it does say on the contract that the seller will have to pay us $25 pp if they are lying
Enforceability of those contract clauses is the issue. There’s been a lot of threads on these boards the last couple of months about issues after closing and when funds have been transferred with contracts listed on Fidelity. While I believe most of the issues were resolved in favor of the complainant, many reported having to spend a lot of time emailing and calling various people within Fidelity and DVC. Ask yourself if all of that potential hassle is worth the “deal” you see on their site (and don’t forget to add the $250 admin fee they charge buyers). It is certainly a buyers market right now with some 2000+ contracts on the market, so there’s really no need to be tied to one broker’s set of listings. If you decide to go through with them, double check every single piece of info, screenshot or print out the original listing, and make sure the info stays consistent throughout the process.

Yes contracts do say that but collecting that money isn’t as easy as fidelity handing you a cheque. You’d have to go through the title company or litigate against the seller. You won’t find out if “they are lying” until 3-4 weeks after you close because that’s how long it takes Disney to load the points.

I’ve used fidelity twice and had issues both times. Once it was because they listed the contract as an OKW extended (2057 expiry) and it wasn’t. The other time it was listed as the wrong Use Year. Thankfully both times Disney caught it before they provided their ROFR decision.

Now mistakes happen but what really pissed me off with Fidelity was when they just issued an amended contract and expected me to sign it. No call from the agent or their service department to explain what had happened. So if you are going to proceed with them… make sure you read every contract very carefully.

As for me… I won’t ever use them again.

Enforceability of those contract clauses is the issue. There’s been a lot of threads on these boards the last couple of months about issues after closing and when funds have been transferred with contracts listed on Fidelity. While I believe most of the issues were resolved in favor of the complainant, many reported having to spend a lot of time emailing and calling various people within Fidelity and DVC. Ask yourself if all of that potential hassle is worth the “deal” you see on their site (and don’t forget to add the $250 admin fee they charge buyers). It is certainly a buyers market right now with some 2000+ contracts on the market, so there’s really no need to be tied to one broker’s set of listings. If you decide to go through with them, double check every single piece of info, screenshot or print out the original listing, and make sure the info stays consistent throughout the process.

This right here!!!! Ditto!

Yes contracts do say that but collecting that money isn’t as easy as fidelity handing you a cheque. You’d have to go through the title company or litigate against the seller. You won’t find out if “they are lying” until 3-4 weeks after you close because that’s how long it takes Disney to load the points.

I’ve used fidelity twice and had issues both times. Once it was because they listed the contract as an OKW extended (2057 expiry) and it wasn’t. The other time it was listed as the wrong Use Year. Thankfully both times Disney caught it before they provided their ROFR decision.

Now mistakes happen but what really pissed me off with Fidelity was when they just issued an amended contract and expected me to sign it. No call from the agent or their service department to explain what had happened. So if you are going to proceed with them… make sure you read every contract very carefully.

As for me… I won’t ever use them again.
my AUL subsidized was through Fidelity. It was by far the fastest resale experience I had, roughly 60 days from offer acceptance to points loaded to my account. I will fully be at peace in January when the next annual dues bill arrives and confirms that it was indeed a subsidized contract.

half the problem is, we live in the UK so can only email as the calls would be extortionate 😪

I'm not sure if it's still the best option but you could try a VOIP app that allows you to dial regular phones. I use the Google voice app to help me dial direct numbers when needed for my travels and it's really cheap. I deposited the minimum $10 bucks years ago and I still have plenty of funds left on my account. It's like .02 a minute to call New Zealand from the USA, .01 to call Ireland, etc.

I just looked and it seems like it might be free to call USA numbers with that app.

As a side note for your fidelity concerns - I had a rough time with their communication and the speed in which they did the transaction. Ultimately I got what we paid for and the price was good. I would use them again if they had a good deal on a contract I was interested in. Their closing/ROFR coordination person was the weak link and I learned to start copying my selling agent on all emails when I had concerns and that helped.

I'm also in the UK and recently closed on an SSR with fidelity. This was our fourth submission with fidelity and it depends on which agent you have as to how quick your response is. (Bonnie was super fast, others usually within 24 hours) It also depends if your query needs information from the seller who may also be in a different time zone.

This contract we've just bought turned out to be the wrong use year. It was listed as Feb, and the contract we signed and submitted to ROFR stated Feb but when they checked the final points statement for closing it is actually October. Fidelity were apologetic and understood if we wanted to walk away. October actually works out fine for us so instead we came to an agreement of $25pp for the missing points.

Although we've had issues (and I've read others too) I would definitely use them again. They consistently have contracts listed at a lower price and will always submit your offer to the seller, unlike some other brokers I spoke to. I've always been asked which title company I want to use before submitting for ROFR too.

ETA: When calling USA I use www.zipcall.com. Dial 0333 232 3232 and then the international number. If you have included minutes then it will be free, otherwise it's charged at standard UK landline rates.

Last edited:
earfulofmagic---$137.5-$15304.45-100-BCV-Oct-0/21, 117/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 10/19, passed 11/9

This one was originally listed at $150, so anyone out there looking for similar BCV contracts... make your starting offer $120 ;)
And an administrative note - slight increase in total price from original posting because I had switched from First American to Mason, and had not included their slightly higher closing fees.
This is encouraging, and is ramping up my addonitis symptoms!

Does the ROFR monster work M-F or just certain days? I noticed more are passing W/Th/F🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter