ROFR Thread Oct - Dec 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmw37---$100-$5450-50-BWV-Oct-17/15, 50/16, 50/17, 50/18-Seller pays 15/16 MF- sent 11/2, passed 11/9

Happy to see my first contract go through so quickly! We didn't even know until a few days ago due to a broker who won't return calls or emails, but we're excited regardless. Especially since they took one for a similar price with fewer points right before our offer was accepted. We'll be adding on down the road I'm sure, but we can take a few trips on the existing points before we decide where to do it.

Mmw37---$100-$5450-50-BWV-Oct-17/15, 50/16, 50/17, 50/18-Seller pays 15/16 MF- sent 11/2, passed 11/9

Happy to see my first contract go through so quickly! We didn't even know until a few days ago due to a broker who won't return calls or emails, but we're excited regardless. Especially since they took one for a similar price with fewer points right before our offer was accepted. We'll be adding on down the road I'm sure, but we can take a few trips on the existing points before we decide where to do it.
Very nice. Congratulations!

BLTAaron---$111-$18000-150-BLT-Jun-0/15, 150/16, 150/17, 150/18- sent 11/22, taken 11/29

This thread has been helpful to me, so FYI.

Now trying for full 2016/17 BLT points at 115/pt to avoid ROFR....

Dtw002---$95-$17511-175-BCV-Mar-0/15, 0/16, 52/17, 175/18- sent 11/23

Still waiting on rofr to come back. I'm curious what others think of this deal? Thought it was good but then just saw one that might be better.....

Dtw002---$95-$17511-175-BCV-Mar-0/15, 0/16, 52/17, 175/18- sent 11/23

Still waiting on rofr to come back. I'm curious what others think of this deal? Thought it was good but then just saw one that might be better.....

I'd value the missing points at about $10 a piece -- so this contract would be about equal to paying $112 a point for a loaded contract (all 2016 and 2017 points).

Ahh, still learning the ropes on the value of those used-up points. Sooooo, your saying this isn't the best deal? Drats...

...although by the time I close it will be pretty close to the March use year, so maybe not as fair to include the 2016 value....at least that's what i'll tell myself

It seems to be slower than usual. It could be a seasonal phenomenon, though. Usually winter/spring it picks up substantially. I got a pretty good deal on a BCV contract last October (2015) and I haven't seen much comparable since. Is this your first contract? If so, I sense an add-on in your future... :)

This one will be our third. The first one was AKL, it was an OK deal $82ppt. The second was a great deal as well, Sub Aulani $90 :)

Last edited:
Ahh, still learning the ropes on the value of those used-up points. Sooooo, your saying this isn't the best deal? Drats...

Seems to be in the middle of the distribution curve.

with that said -- there hasn't been a lot of action on the ROFR thread for BCV right now -- not sure if there aren't a lot of buyers or sellers right now. If there aren't a lot of sellers -- then the price will trend upwards.

Thanks...I guess I'll take the middle. Just seemed like almost all Bcv contracts were stripped....until this week.

Agree about the add on. Would you add a small contract direct (50 points?) to get the perks? Or still not worth the premium? Also, can you add on directly to Bcv or would I have to add to a different resort? Thanks! I know I'm a noob...

Thanks...I guess I'll take the middle. Just seemed like almost all Bcv contracts were stripped....until this week.

Agree about the add on. Would you add a small contract direct (50 points?) to get the perks? Or still not worth the premium? Also, can you add on directly to Bcv or would I have to add to a different resort? Thanks! I know I'm a noob...

You can add on at any resort -- you just have to get lucky and hope they have the inventory at BCV when you call in.

I added a direct BCV 25 points and had to wait a few months to get a contract...but man, buying direct is soooooooooooooooooo much faster. You literally just call them up and tell them you want to buy, give them a credit card number, and then the points are there in your account and available for use practically before you hang up the phone.

So to answer your question of whether I would add on to get the perks --- yes, I would and have. But the perks are really only worth it if you are going to be getting APs. Direct purchasers qualify for the Gold APs, which are $200 less than the regular AP. It's not an apples to apples comparison though, since the gold AP has blackout dates -- but if you're not going during those times, then it's the way to go.

In your case, you might just consider 25 point add-on since you already have 175 points at BCV. I would only suggest doing 50 points as an add-on if it is a stand-alone contract (i.e., a different resort than your primary resale resort). I screwed up in my case bc I did the minimum 25 point add-on for BCV when VGF is my main home resort. 25 points at BCV don't go very far, even with banking/borrowing.

when you bought the add-on direct from
DVD for BCV, did they charge the $171 per point that they are charging at Aulani and PVB or was it less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter