• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct - Dec 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KSkywalker17---$114-$18810-160-BLT-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 320/17- sent 11/28, taken 12/1

Thats it, done with BLT. Is it in high demand for direct add-ons or is something else going on?
Damn that stinks. We passed at $116pp. Can't imagine that two bucks would make a difference in pass or take. I would think something else is going on.

Damn that stinks. We passed at $116pp. Can't imagine that two bucks would make a difference in pass or take.

I think it does. Seems like that sweet spot is right around $115 or $116. Those above $115 passes, those below get ROFRed. Disney knows that exact point where it would be profitable to ROFR.

I'd try one more time at $116.

Hi, everybody!

We are here sooner than I would have thought...saw a 150 point VWL contract come up that was nicely loaded, and put in a much lower offer than the listing price. 24 hours later, here we are!

ElizabethCB---$88-$13856-150-VWL-Aug-50/15, 150/16, 150/17- sent 12/5

I think it does. Seems like that sweet spot is right around $115 or $116. Those above $115 passes, those below get ROFRed. Disney knows that exact point where it would be profitable to ROFR.

I'd try one more time at $116.

I agree they know the price point but I can't imagine that $300 would be enough to swing it. I track all the ROFR this year and besides a flurry before the April change, DVC has rarely taken anything over $110 prior to the last month. There has definitely been a change in their policy - whether it is demand driven or something else more nefarious is anyone's guess.

I agree they know the price point but I can't imagine that $300 would be enough to swing it. I track all the ROFR this year and besides a flurry before the April change, DVC has rarely taken anything over $110 prior to the last month. There has definitely been a change in their policy - whether it is demand driven or something else more nefarious is anyone's guess.
Seems like they're getting ready for another push towards that $200 direct price point.

Does anyone figure in or think it is an asset to buying into a resort that expires in 2042? Being 40yrs old that would put me at 65 and maybe at a point where we would start to slow down going. There is the option to give it to kids, but dues will be 3x by then so there is an assumption that they would want/afford it. I guess I saw the expiration as a good thing - versus a bad one but just curious if anyone else sees it that way? Or that's how I justify paying the same price for something that lasts half as long... cheers
We wanted to be able to walk to HS and Epcot. There are only 2 DVC resorts in that area. They're likely only going to become more popular as those parks complete renovations and bring new attractions (e.g. Star Wars) online. Of course a later expiration would have been preferred, but that didn't dissuade us as we wanted to make sure we could book there when needed.

We were in the same boat. Who knows down the road there might be an extension too.

We were in the same boat. Who knows down the road there might be an extension too.

25 years of contract life isn't a deal breaker for me personally. I figure getting 10 years of use is enough -- anything after that is gravy.

DisneyTumbleweed---$88-$15632-160-AKV-Aug-160/15, 160/16, 160/17, 160/18-Seller pays MF '16- sent 12/6

After looking at this for over 5 years and renting points three times we finally pulled the trigger on a resale contract. Hoping it passes ROFR!

KSkywalker17---$114-$18810-160-BLT-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 320/17- sent 11/28, taken 12/1
Thats it, done with BLT. Is it in high demand for direct add-ons or is something else going on?
Damn that stinks. We passed at $116pp. Can't imagine that two bucks would make a difference in pass or take. I would think something else is going on.

I think you're just too low. With 320 points coming in 2 months that's an ideal contract for D to grab. The same contract w/o the 160 banked (but with the 160 2017 which you'd get and pay dues in 2017) would be worth $2400 less, divide by 160 and subtract from your offer of $114, and you're really offering around $99 per point on a reasonably current contract w/o the bank. I think D will pick these up every time at the price you offered.

Last edited:
Is it impossible to find a Bcv resale sub $100/point that is loaded? Just curious if I jumped the gun or if that is a unicorn. Thanks,

I think you're just too low. With 320 points coming in 2 months that's an ideal contract for D to grab. The same contract w/o the 160 banked (but with the 160 2017 which you'd get and pay dues in 2017) would be worth $2400 less, divide by 160 and subtract from your offer of $114, and you're really offering around $99 per point on a reasonably current contract w/o the bank. I think D will pick these up every time at the price you offered.
I would disagree that the price is too low since that is where transactions have been occurring over the year. The average contract of full 2016 and no banked has been ~115 this year. Disney is up to something as they have taken a lot of BLT recently.

I would disagree that the price is too low since that is where transactions have been occurring over the year. The average contract of full 2016 and no banked has been ~115 this year. Disney is up to something as they have taken a lot of BLT recently.

Right, but in less than 2 months he passes the UY turnover. Then it becomes full current year plus a year of banked.

If you did full 2016 and no banked earlier in the year, that's reasonable. Like for a Feb UY closing in Feb of 2016, that would be fine. You get the current points, but you're not getting more for 12 months. In the current case it's more valuable because you're getting a double allotment so soon with that UY just around the corner. So you can't compare contracts that close at different times as equals. In some cases, they can differ by an entire set of points.

e.g.: "2016 full points and nothing banked" means different values based on when you're buying:
On a Sep UY being bought in Feb of 2016... means you've got absolutely nothing for 7 months, and then nothing further until 19 months.
On a Feb UY being bought in Feb of 2016... would mean you've got 160 points, and then not again for a year.
On a Feb UY being bought in Dec of 2016... would mean you've got 160 points, and 160 more in less than the time it will take to close.

Even tho all of those can be described as "2016 full and nothing banked" the timing means you've got either nothing, one set of points, or 2 sets of points. It's 160 more points than what you're describing as a typical ~$115 value.

I don't think Disney is up to something. I think they have targets they'll buy, and this with so many points coming so quickly is under that threshhold. They snatched up 2 equally low offers. I think what is needed is an offer more in line with $115 plus the value of the banked points to pass ROFR. Alternatively, if this contract had 160 coming instead of 320, then I think D would have waived it.

Last edited:
DisneyTumbleweed---$88-$15632-160-AKV-Aug-160/15, 160/16, 160/17, 160/18-Seller pays MF '16- sent 12/6

After looking at this for over 5 years and renting points three times we finally pulled the trigger on a resale contract. Hoping it passes ROFR!

Passed ROFR today!!! Now hoping estoppel and closing goes just as fast.

Congrats on a quick turnaround! Ours was turned in 12/1 and still waiting. Hopefully the rest goes as quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter