**ROFR Thread 2015 July-December** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting, they ROFR'd a stripped contract (no '16 points).

I was quite surprised that they took a stripped contract. I had heard they we ROFRing OKW contracts, but I thought I was safe with a stripped one. They can't do anything with it for a couple of years since it is stripped.

There is a ton of info on these boards that will give you the ins and outs of owning DVC. I would definitely spend your spare time reading through! Just curious if the seller is giving you a credit on the 2016 maintenance fees since they used those points?

They were paying the 2016 fees. They countered at $75pp. We passed this time. I think it was a sign. We are still debating on OKW vs AKV

So, being an OCD accountant type, I've been tracking ROFR statistics in this thread. Figured I post a few insights since it is a Monday, which is the most common day to hear back about ROFR status.

Of the 53 DVC purchases that have heard back from Disney on their ROFR status, 27 heard back on Mondays, followed by 12 on Fridays. Some inconsistencies do shine through though, namely BLT and OKW seem to hear back on Fridays more than Mondays. SSR hears back the same number on both Mondays and Fridays. VGF hears back more on Thursdays. If you passed ROFR, you are most likely to hear back on Monday followed by Friday then on Thursday. If your contract was ROFR'ed, you're just as likely to hear back on Monday, Friday or Saturday.

The total running average of days elapsed since contract was sent to Disney for ROFR and FINALLY hearing back from Disney is 26.1 days. VB is currently taking the longest at 30 days (only one contract, though) followed by OKW at 28.1 days and BCV at 27.3 days. VWL is coming in at the shortest time with 19 days even (only one contract) with SSR the second quickest at 24.6 days followed by VGF at 25.3 days. The full list includes:

30.0 days VB
28.1 days OKW
27.3 days BCV
27.0 days BLT
26.5 days VGC
25.9 days BWV
25.7 days AKV
25.3 days VGF
24.6 days SSR
19.0 days VWL

Given the average of 26.1 days, folks whose contracts were sent to Disney for ROFR on or before 07/29/15 should be hearing back by today or Friday this week at the latest.

Happy ROFR'ing!!!

Last edited:
Marriedbythemouse ---$87-$17,934–200-BWV-Apr-189/'15, 200/'16 – sent 7/30

Now we wait. This is the first offer we have made on a contract and we have always wanted BWV. I'm worried though cause Disney seems to be keeping the BWV contracts. I'm hoping our ppt is high enough for Disney to let us buy it!!
Wish us luck!
Debbie

Just found out we PASSED!!! WhooHooooo!!!

Marriedbythemouse ---$87-$17,934–200-BWV-Apr-189/'15, 200/'16 – sent 7/30 passed 8/24

So, being an OCD accountant type, I've been tracking ROFR statistics in this thread. Figured I post a few insights since it is a Monday, which is the most common day to hear back about ROFR status.

Of the 53 DVC purchases that have heard back from Disney on their ROFR status, 27 heard back on Mondays, followed by 12 on Fridays. Some inconsistencies do shine through though, namely BLT and OKW seem to hear back on Fridays more than Mondays. SSR hears back the same number on both Mondays and Fridays. VGF hears back more on Thursdays. If you passed ROFR, you are most likely to hear back on Monday followed by Friday then on Thursday. If your contract was ROFR'ed, you're just as likely to hear back on Monday, Friday or Saturday.

The total running average of days elapsed since contract was sent to Disney for ROFR and FINALLY hearing back from Disney is 26.1 days. VB is currently taking the longest at 30 days (only one contract, though) followed by OKW at 28.1 days and BCV at 27.3 days. VWL is coming in at the shortest time with 19 days even (only one contract) with SSR the second quickest at 24.6 days followed by VGF at 25.3 days. The full list includes:

30.0 days VB
28.1 days OKW
27.3 days BCV
27.0 days BLT
26.5 days VGC
25.9 days BWV
25.7 days AKV
25.3 days VGF
24.6 days SSR
19.0 days VWL

Given the average of 26.1 days, folks whose contracts were sent to Disney for ROFR on or before 07/29/15 should be hearing back by today or Friday this week at the latest.

Happy ROFR'ing!!!
our contract was sent on 7/31, Monday would be 31 days right? so will we likely hear on Friday... day 28?

You guys, I am so excited about this that I can barely contain myself, lol.

Pangyal- $144- $31735- VGF Guaranteed Week 26 Lakeview Studio- 103/'14, 219/'15, 219/'16, buyer pays 2015 MF and closing, sent August 24

July 1 is our anniversary AND Canada Day of course, and this week will always contain July 1, and this is the annual exact week when the kidlet will definitely already be out of school and it will be super easy to organize a trip that week with or without him ;).

our contract was sent on 7/31, Monday would be 31 days right? so will we likely hear on Friday... day 28?

Much like the stock market, past performance does not guarantee future results. But I certainly hope you hear soon. It would seem to be "in the numbers"!

Got shot down on the last try so here we go again.

WhalerFan---$78-$16,380-210-OKW-Jun-210/'15, 210/'16, 210/'17, 210/'86-sent 8/24

Opps,! That should read:

WhalerFan---$78-$16,380-210-OKW-Jun-210/'15, 210/'16, 210/'17, 210/'18-sent 8/24

1986 points wouldn't be worth much and the first building at OKW didn't open until 1991. However some OLD points would be nice. I miss the free park passes we got before 2000.

Is no one updating this thread any longer? It's been a month since the tracking post was updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter