Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Closed for Past 2 Days

Wonder what is up. It was down at open back at the beginning of May and another poster had posted it was down the day they visited recently. And down for 2 days, back up only to be down for an hour. I like my rides safe. Hopefully they can figure out what keeps causing these shut downs to get it fixed properly so it stays up.

It is frustrating, I'm sure, for guests looking forward to riding it.

Wonder what is up. It was down at open back at the beginning of May and another poster had posted it was down the day they visited recently. And down for 2 days, back up only to be down for an hour. I like my rides safe. Hopefully they can figure out what keeps causing these shut downs to get it fixed properly so it stays up.

It is frustrating, I'm sure, for guests looking forward to riding it.
I am hearing rumors that its something to do with LSM launch system, but have no official sources of that. The ride is safe, no doubts about that. Just technical difficulties.

Not trivial at all.

Rock N Roller coaster represents 20% of the rides in DHS.

I would be annoyed if I spent $100 on park admission to a theme park and found 20% of the rides broken.

And like other have said you combine that with it going down on a SWW its just making all of the other attraction's wait times crazy high. And MK closes at 6pm today as well!

Like it isn't launching?
I don't know the ins and outs of this rumor. I have just heard (not directly) that it is possibly a problem with the LSM launch system. I don't know the extent of the issue with the LSM (if this is even what is wrong with the ride). We have no confirmed reason for closure apart from 'technical difficulties'.

If it's still closed head over to HBD and get a 12 year single malt or wander over to the boardwalk and indulge at the bakery. So much fun stuff to do at Disney so little time... :flower1:

Exactly. How's this: one of the flay rods has gone out of skew on the treadle.

I just hope there isn't anything wrong with the left phalangee.

We are flying down to FL in a matter of hours. I will be completely honked off if this isn't fixed when we're there. This is the only "big" Disney ride the kids haven't done, and after being away a few years, I'll be one unhappy camper if they don't get to ride it.

I just hope there isn't anything wrong with the left phalangee.

We are flying down to FL in a matter of hours. I will be completely honked off if this isn't fixed when we're there. This is the only "big" Disney ride the kids haven't done, and after being away a few years, I'll be one unhappy camper if they don't get to ride it.
Think that might have been a Friends reference!? :D

tumblr_mqntii8Fbn1s7v2glo2_250.gif

It is currently open with 120 minute wait at current. How long it'll stay up is another matter!!

ToT got up to 150 yesterday. I was there. It was abysmal with RnRc literally gated shut (first for me) and everyone went to ToT and then one of ITS elevators went down so it was 2/3rd riding capacity. And of course, those of us who had RnR FPs used our 'sorry' FP on it...

It was a bad day for rides at HS. I had a great SWW day. Glad I'm an AP holder but feel bad for those that only had that day. :(

ToT got up to 150 yesterday. I was there. It was abysmal with RnRc literally gated shut (first for me) and everyone went to ToT and then one of ITS elevators went down so it was 2/3rd riding capacity. And of course, those of us who had RnR FPs used our 'sorry' FP on it...

It was a bad day for rides at HS. I had a great SWW day. Glad I'm an AP holder but feel bad for those that only had that day. :(
Wait times can get mad at DHS when a ride is closed. There are so few attractions in that park, queues are regularly over 60 at least. Yes - it is the first time I have seen pictures of RnRC gates closed during open hours. ToT is the next biggest ride at the park. And thrill seekers who wanted RnRC had to go somewhere, and they weren't going to go to TSMM or GMR for thrills!!! Disney really isn't having a good week this week with the Festival of Fantasy disaster at the Magic Kingdom today too! (If you don't know; https://twitter.com/DisneyMagicWDW/status/605108416378470400)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter