Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Closed for Past 2 Days

Florida resident here ;) I think BG has amazing roller coasters. Hands down best in the state. The problem is, I'd never want to stay there for more than 5 or 6 hours. There is literally nothing else to do there besides ride coasters. I'm glad I've only been for school field trips. The best part of BG is short lines because it is not nearly as populat as WDW. WDW is a vacation destination. BG is a one day park.

Also, the last teo times I was there, Sheirka was for over half the day-- one time with me on it!

Holy crap, RnRC has been down for the better part of two days?

HOW ON EARTH WILL AEROSMITH MAKE IT TO THE GIG ON TIME??????
Nearly 4 days now (closed Friday morning). Since Friday Morning, it has been up for something like 6 hours. Still open atm with 120 minute wait.

Roller coasters are often closed, regardless of the owner of the theme or amusement park. There are a lot of sensors and safety gadgetry going on.
Yes that's true. However, normally we would go ride something else. (That's how this BG comparison started. Kumba down? There are like 5 or 6 other rides to go see instead, etc. At HS, there are like TWO, IF you include ST. And ToT was halfway down at the same time. That's like half of BG being down during peak time.) :sad2:

Roller coasters are often closed, regardless of the owner of the theme or amusement park. There are a lot of sensors and safety gadgetry going on.

Yep. Our son and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure a few years back, and he was upset that it was taking a while to re-open Kingda Ka, the 450-ft tall straight-up-and-then-straight-down launch coaster, following downtime. I replied with, "they can take all the time they need to ensure it's safe enough to ride."

Yes - rollercoasters, and all rides for a matter of fact, rely heavily on sensors and lots of technical equipment. But this attraction has been closed for the best part of 4 days, so surely its not just a faulty sensor!

Yep. Our son and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure a few years back, and he was upset that it was taking a while to re-open Kingda Ka, the 450-ft tall straight-up-and-then-straight-down launch coaster, following downtime. I replied with, "they can take all the time they need to ensure it's safe enough to ride."
Yes - I understand that they need as much time as they want to make sure its safe. I'm sure many guests will be the first to sue Disney if something went wrong. But I don't believe the issue with RnRC is a safety one.

Yes - rollercoasters, and all rides for a matter of fact, rely heavily on sensors and lots of technical equipment. But this attraction has been closed for the best part of 4 days, so surely its not just a faulty sensor!

They could for instance be waiting on a specific part/parts that had to be ordered - there are countless reasons that it could be closed unexpectedly for several days. It could be a mechanical issue or it could be a computer software/hardware issue. We will probably never know. Hopefully all will be fixed/repaired soon for everyone who is currently being affected by the closure. :)

They could for instance be waiting on a specific part/parts that had to be ordered - there are countless reasons that it could be closed unexpectedly for several days. It could be a mechanical issue or it could be a computer software/hardware issue. We will probably never know. Hopefully all will be fixed/repaired soon for everyone who is currently being affected by the closure. :)

Yikes, hope not. They have still been riding people intermittently on it!

We were at the Studios yesterday and RnR was closed around 1:00 pm though reopened around 3:00 pm (or so) as we did it a few times that afternoon. We had FP's for it and were given, basically open ended FP's for a list of attractions that could be used from the original FP time through the park closing.

After the early afternoon closure, it did not appear to us that RnR closed any more that day.

I understand it is an issue with the LSM launch system. This is not confirmed, but this is what is circling around at the moment. Attraction has been up since 10:20am this morning after a short closure earlier.

We were at the Studios yesterday and RnR was closed around 1:00 pm though reopened around 3:00 pm (or so) as we did it a few times that afternoon. We had FP's for it and were given, basically open ended FP's for a list of attractions that could be used from the original FP time through the park closing.

After the early afternoon closure, it did not appear to us that RnR closed any more that day.
It closed just after 9pm for technical issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter