ROA drained!!

Very common misconception! They actually color the water to look deeper and muddier.

That is interesting. There is a pond in our community center. It's maybe a couple of feet deep, if that, and I know our community center is not coloring the water but it looks a lot deeper than it is, not much different than the ROA. I don't think they'd have to go to such extremes but maybe they do because it's not a real pond with a dirt bottom like an actual pond, but concrete.

That is interesting. There is a pond in our community center. It's maybe a couple of feet deep, if that, and I know our community center is not coloring the water but it looks a lot deeper than it is, not much different than the ROA. I don't think they'd have to go to such extremes but maybe they do because it's not a real pond with a dirt bottom like an actual pond, but concrete.
It's been pumped through filters to inhibit the majority of bacterial growth (unlike a local pond, most likely). Apparently, it's actually chalk making it green, if you believe Wikipedia.

Apparently, it's actually chalk making it green, if you believe Wikipedia.

I would not be so sure about this...I once had a one one one cast member who was a maintenance diver and we were taking on how he received "hazard pay" when having to dive in ROA. According to him, the water was NOT colored.

I wouldn't doubt its dyed because I heard at Tokyo Disney at Sea the water there isn't very deep as well but that they do color that water.

I would not be so sure about this...I once had a one one one cast member who was a maintenance diver and we were taking on how he received "hazard pay" when having to dive in ROA. According to him, the water was NOT colored.
If it's not colored, how are tracks not visible immediately after refilling? Especially since the tracks are barely under the water. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sense of what I have read vs what you are saying a CM told you. I've seen/read several articles and books that state it's colored; wiki was just the quick one that said chalk :)

Also where is this new Star Wars land or whatever it is exactly going? Does anyone know? Are they adding onto the park or taking something out and replacing it? Just curious as to why the train will not be running, the Hungry Bear restuarant will be closed and ROA is being drained. I looked on the Disneyland map to see what was all behind ROA and there aren't any attractions back there just the train that goes back there.

They can do it without the Mark Twain, but they cannot do it without the Columbia. Additionally, the fort area where a lot of storage is for Fantasmic! is being removed.

I have heard several rumors that Fanstasmic! will not be returning, but only time will tell if they are accurate or not.

Disney has said it will return. We can hope it returns with some updates.

Also where is this new Star Wars land or whatever it is exactly going? Does anyone know? Are they adding onto the park or taking something out and replacing it? Just curious as to why the train will not be running, the Hungry Bear restuarant will be closed and ROA is being drained. I looked on the Disneyland map to see what was all behind ROA and there aren't any attractions back there just the train that goes back there.

Go over to MiceAge and look at any of their recent Disneyland updates. They have a map showing the general area the new land is going. It's basically going where there are a bunch of buildings currently. The river is being rerouted to allow the train to be rerouted so that it doesn't pass through Star Wars land.

Your not alone - we feel the same way. In fact if the ROA are closed and walled off (and we had notice of such) we would not go to the park until they're restored. Yep, it's that important to us!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was thinking of cancelling my September trip if walls were up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter