Rip, Ride, Rockit!

I've seen waits listed as less than a half hour most of the time during the week. Weekends will be LONG waits all day unless you get there right away. Current wait time is 90 minutes at 11:45.

Any change to this? Anyone have any updates as to when/if this will change? (for my selfish world it would be Christmas Day :santa:)

Ain't gonna happen any time in the near future unless they get it loading at some sort of decent capacity. Otherwise, if they did it the way they are loading that thing now, Express would be very long and standby would be virtually unmoving.

we rode it this morning first thing when park opening 10min wait. Had fun got it over with and hit all the other majors by noon then we raided IOA .

A really fun coaster but there is no way i would wait over 30-45 to ride it. I couldn't hardly here my music but others in my party had no problem. Only 5min wait time for Spidey today and The Mummy.

anyone who has been on this...did you notice if there was a line for the front row? Me and the bff wanted to do the front but figured the line would be ridiculous when we got to the platform but turned out there was NO ONE waiting in the side front row line thing ha
just surprised me i suppose

btw front row was awesome...recommended :thumbsup2

and i thought the music was perfect...not to loud not to soft...couldn't hear anyone's but mine....bff said same thing
:confused3

Surprisingly the front row line usually isn't all that bad. I only bothered to wait in it once (first time I rode the Rockit) because I like row 6 much better. But for those who want the view, you shouldn't have to wait too overly long. Surprisingly, both DH and I have gotten quite a few front row rides via the single riders line.

I think I would like to ride front row at least once on our trip...You say the wait wasn't bad? Do you suppose people were afraid of the view??

I took a survey about the ride yesterday and told them what I really thought. :laughing: I love the ride but they need to know how poorly it's been running.

Hopefully they take the feedback seriously.

yeah...there was literally no one waiting for the front row when we went...so we jumped on that :woohoo:
front row was great.

We were there Thanksgiving day and the ride didn't open until close to noon. We did a loop around the park and ended up back there when it opened, with about an hour wait. We would not normally wait that long for a ride, but it was a must-do for our entire family. We all loved it! We were suckers and bought the DVD. :lmao:

BTW, no FOTL pass for it yet, but they did open up the single riders line at about 1:00 p.m.

My dauighter and her friends got in the line which had a 90 minute wait time, however, they were finished the ride in about an hour.

Has anyone purchased the DVD? If so, is it worth buying???

The video has a few clips of you on the ride (namely the lift hill and some at the beginning) mixed with computer generated art of the coaster. They show the video behind the cash register showing everything in it with clips of people, so if you want to see it before you purchase, you can.

I bought one for a variety of reasons, but I also was funny looking on it and we screen captured some of my expressions.

How "intense" is this coaster? Is it fast, big drops, upside-down? Trying to decide if hubby and I are up to it.

Looking forward to checking this out next month!!

When will they open this one up to express pass???

I will go on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons, is this ride much scarier? I'm not sure if I'm up to it. I'm more of a loop and inversion kind of person, not so much the steep, big drops. So is HRRR too intense for me?:confused3

Rockit is much less scary than both Hulk and Dragon Challenge. The drop isn't really big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter