Rip, Ride, Rockit!

Though the music choice idea was quite neat and the speakers sounded good I found the whole thing a bit dull..

This has to be the first coaster where the climb out is more thrilling than what actually follows, a very odd experience.. It runs out of momentum way too early, so your almost just riding along waiting for it to end whilst it does very little.. Still at least you can listen to your song choice :banana:

This is where I found the songs to be invaluable. If you get the right song than all of those smooth but tame zips side to side and small dips mesh in with the synced music.

The No Doubt song programmed in seems to be syncd best with this rather lackluster back half of the ride.

Nice to hear it seems to be consistently working again. I am planning to take my daughter for the 5th try on Sunday morning. If anyone hears of it being down again post it please.

In all my rides on the Rockit, I've never found any song synched to the ride. They all just start at the beginning and end wherever they are when the ride ends. It's a shame because I've chosen some songs where starting with the middle part would work much better.

Rip Ride Rockit...hmmmm. Our first morning in USO it opened right as the park did and we were on the first train out that day and subsequently, we were the first ones stuck on it as we rolled into back into the loading area. We were stuck on it for about 20 minutes...then they shut it down for the rest of the day and night. We rode it again later in the week but we got one of those ROUGH cars. The wife stated "no more" after that as it beat the crap out of her. We thought Manta at Seaworld blew it out of the water, personally.

Rip Ride Rockit...hmmmm. Our first morning in USO it opened right as the park did and we were on the first train out that day and subsequently, we were the first ones stuck on it as we rolled into back into the loading area. We were stuck on it for about 20 minutes...then they shut it down for the rest of the day and night. We rode it again later in the week but we got one of those ROUGH cars. The wife stated "no more" after that as it beat the crap out of her. We thought Manta at Seaworld blew it out of the water, personally.

Everyone was wishing Universal would use B&M.

In all my rides on the Rockit, I've never found any song synched to the ride. They all just start at the beginning and end wherever they are when the ride ends. It's a shame because I've chosen some songs where starting with the middle part would work much better.

Hmmmm....a good point. I rode only four times in one day about 2.5 months ago. No Doubt HellaGood seemed to sync up good. Just might have seemed that way.

I finally got to ride it this past trip (Halloween weekend) and loved it... yes, it is more intense when you first start out and it does seem to "mellow" out as you go, but I still loved it. I only played 2 songs Limp Bizkit (once) and all the other times on it Evanescence. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the song being in sync with the coaster dips and turns.... next time I go, I will.

I do have to say, all the time when I was told by my doc not to ride it due to my shoulder surgery, he was wrong.. that coaster is smoother than the Hulk! Many here told me that, but I listened to my doc instead.. next time I will listen to Dis'ers ... they know more when it comes to the rides...:thumbsup2 I do have to say, I had a hard time getting the bar over me & off of me.. It is very heavy for my arm to lift.. in Aug/Sept I would not have been able to lift it at all.. it was hard for me to do it a week and a half ago :eek: I still do not have strength back in my arm yet...:sad2:

Is this ride ever open? We went 3 times last week and were told every day that they hoped to have it running by afternoon. At 1:30pm each day it was still not running.It does look kool!

Is this ride ever open? We went 3 times last week and were told every day that they hoped to have it running by afternoon. At 1:30pm each day it was still not running.It does look kool!

It was running on Monday and Tuesday when I was at Universal. Didn't ride it myself until Tuesday afternoon. It was awesome! I played the Limp Bizkit song. It really seemed to fit the ride well.

What's taking so long to iron this thing out? You either can make it work or you can't. It's starting to get to the point where it looks like the ride will never operate as intended.

RRR sounds like Universal's version of Epcot's Test Track. That ride still breaks down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter