Rhode Island Folks

We'll be there Aug 17 to the 26th. Split stay between BCV and Contemporary Atrium Club. Can't wait...

We'll be there August 18th - 27th !! Split stay between SSR & AKV. We're going to try to get to Summer on the Savanna while we are there (I think it's 8/23? - the last one) :banana:

We're going Aug. 30 - Sept 14. First 2 days at OKW then on to AKV for the rest of the stay. Can't wait to see the new DVC rooms there! Will be my first stay at AKV/L too so looking forward to waking up and seeing the animals out my balcony!

We'll also be going again in Oct. - Nov 2. Staying the last week at BWV and want to book the first at one of the Port Orleans as I haven't been there before and wanted to try it out. Been waiting hoping a AP rate will come out for then for the PO.

It's great to see so many RI'ers will be there then! :dance3:

Please let me know what the weather is like.

This will be my fourth trip (I think) during August. It's absolutely as hot as everyone says, and more humid. We've found that drinking water *all day* is the key. You have to drink even when you don't think you're thirsty. A quick drink every half hour keeps the heat stroke away!

There's usually a rain storm each day-sometimes for about 15 minutes, sometimes about 2 hours! We take the ponchos or umbrellas, and just keep going!

Stopping any time you feel the need is important too. We love going in August because it's both my and my DD's birthdays, and the crowds are much, much smaller due to kids going back to school mid-August in the South. The park hours are still long, which is great for taking mid-afternoon naps and swims and then heading back to the parks.

August is great!

Please let me know what the weather is like.

We were at WDW for a 9 night stay, 8/18 to 8/27. The weather was, well, hot of course ~~ 95+ during the day, mid-70's at night. We were 6 days into the trip when we realized we hadn't had any of the passing thunderstorms that usually take place in Florida. The only time we had rain was the last 3 nights....it started during dinner (thankfully after we had gotten to the restaurants) and lasted 1-2 hours.

I know many would never travel to WDW in August, but I'd keep going. The crowds weren't that heavy, wait times were short ,if any. You just have to make sure you take a break mid-day to relax in the room or by the pool, when it's hottest.

We are going in November 9-12, staying at SSR, but waitlisted for BWV!

:cheer2: GO PATS! :cheer2:

Aloha,
To our Native Rhode Islanders:) . Both my husband and I are from Cranston. My husband is in the Air Force and we still call Rhode Island home even though we have lived all over the world. Our families still reside in Rhode Island and will be joining us in October for the "family reunion".

Until we meet again,

Aloha,
To our Native Rhode Islanders:) . Both my husband and I are from Cranston. My husband is in the Air Force and we still call Rhode Island home even though we have lived all over the world. Our families still reside in Rhode Island and will be joining us in October for the "family reunion".

Until we meet again,

Hey, there, bearpele! My DH and I are also originally from Cranston, and even though we were in High School in the '80s, neither one of us had 'big hair'.:rotfl:

We love going in October. The weather is fantastic. Have a great time!

Anything new going on with Rhode Island DVCers?? Anyone taking a trip soon? Or just get back?

Anything new going on with Rhode Island DVCers?? Anyone taking a trip soon? Or just get back?

We are going for Thanksgiving. November 21-27. Got my adr's for Tony's Town Square, and the tickets for MVMCP the same night. CP dinner ressies at Le Celier, and then David Robinison will be doing the reading. Then Boma another night. There are 14 of us, and we'll be staying at AKV, except for Sis who will be at BCV. Can't wait....

We are going for Thanksgiving. November 21-27. Got my adr's for Tony's Town Square, and the tickets for MVMCP the same night. CP dinner ressies at Le Celier, and then David Robinison will be doing the reading. Then Boma another night. There are 14 of us, and we'll be staying at AKV, except for Sis who will be at BCV. Can't wait....

I'm not familiar with all the different abbreviations....what are "CP dinner ressies"? We tried to get reservations at Le Cellier (never been) when we were there in August but the only openings they had were 9pm and later!:sad1: Oh well, better luck next time. Sounds like a great trip planned for Thanksgiving.....have a wonderful time!

I'm not familiar with all the different abbreviations....what are "CP dinner ressies"? We tried to get reservations at Le Cellier (never been) when we were there in August but the only openings they had were 9pm and later!:sad1: Oh well, better luck next time. Sound like a great trip planned for Thanksgiving.....have a wonderful time!

Thanks....CP is Candlelight Procession. I have learned that you really have to make ressies for dinner at the more popular restaurants well in advance. I actually wanted a later sitting, but they simply weren't available, and I made these ressies back in July. With WDW poised to set an all time record for attendance (I think DVC has something to do with that), call early, call often. ;)

Hello,
We went last Colombus Day weekend and EPCOT is crowded due to Food and Wine Festival. We had a great time! Heading back in 38 days..can't wait!:yay:

Looks like quite a few Rhode Islander's. Going in Dec. 5th-13th. Staying at AKV and OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter