Rhode Island Folks

:cheer2: Welcome Home fellow DVCers. I am from West Warwick, and yes, I have a Disney addiction. Just became a member this past Dec. 06. Went on first trip to SSR in Dec. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!!!! Can't wait until next trip in Sept.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2:

Native Bay-Stater, but I teach in one of the towns that has already been mentioned on this thread--;)
History teacher trivia question: what is the official name of RI--(smallest state, longest name....)

Would that be

State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations ?

Hi everyone! Scituate here, but I grew up in Cre-anstin!;) I never did have the 'big hair' and nine-inch nails, even though I was in high school in the '80's!:rotfl:

We bought SSR last year, and we love it! DD and I just got back from a quick (too quick!) MLK, Jr. weekend visit. Man, was it crowded! Tons of families from FL! Our next trip is in June, though I might just leave her home with DH and DS and take a solo trip! Mama needs some time off!:thumbsup2

Another easy one for us natives....let's see if anyone else can get it. No cheating!

Which sport's Hall of Fame is located in RI ?

Hee hee, that would be the "International Tennis Hall of Fame" in beautiful downtown Newport, RI !

Hello,
We are from West Warwick. DVC Member at SSR from 2005. Heading down FEB-16th to 24th at OKW.

Hello fellow Roe Dylanders!! We have been DVC members since 1999 and own most of our points at BWV with a small add-on at VWL. I am originally from Providence and DH is from East Greenwich. We have lived in Warwick for the past 23 years, two of our children attend URI and the youngest is at Toll Gate (the school that de-throned the hockey team at Mount St. Charles.) :cool1:

It's nice to see how many RI DVC members out there. So, how many of you will be at the World during February Break?

Hey, kt-scarlett-love your siggy! When DD and I were at SSR a few weeks ago, there were loads of college kids there 'earning their ears'. DD asked what it was all about, and I told her about the College Program (I have a cousin who participated in the College Program, and 15 years later, is still working for Disney!). DD kept saying, 'nuh-uh', and 'dude!' (Yes, she's 13), and was totally intrigued by the idea of living and working at WDW.

Hey-where does she think I'm retiring to?:goodvibes

We live just north of the boarder in MA, but take advantage of the great all-you-can-eat chicken at Wrights in N. Smithfield. (yum).

TF Green is the best way to travel!

Then there Salty Brine's beach, (great seafood at Champlins), who remembers Salty on TV with his dog..can't remember his name, and of course the years he was on the radio.

Can't beat the price for a Sox game in Pawtucket, RI. Future stars, great park, reasonable food and drink!

Waterfire in Providence..... I could go on and on, for such a small state, you guys sure have a lot to offer!

We live just north of the boarder in MA, but take advantage of the great all-you-can-eat chicken at Wrights in N. Smithfield. (yum).

TF Green is the best way to travel!

Then there Salty Brine's beach, (great seafood at Champlins), who remembers Salty on TV with his dog..can't remember his name, and of course the years he was on the radio.

Can't beat the price for a Sox game in Pawtucket, RI. Future stars, great park, reasonable food and drink!

Waterfire in Providence..... I could go on and on, for such a small state, you guys sure have a lot to offer!

Hi Salty's dogs name would be JEFF. How I loved that SHOW!! We are DVC owners since 1993 and live in Barrington. And YES- we will be there for February vacation! :banana: :banana: We start at VWL then over to BCV and the last 2 nites at SOG. IT will be my DH ,DS-13 and myself. Joan

Ah yes. Salty Brine......

NO SCHOOL...FOSTER...GLOUSTER....

And that was more than 40 years ago!!

Hello Rhode Islanders!

I will be staying at OKW for the first time. I asked for building # 11. Can anyone offer any advice for OKW?

i grew up in north smithfield. live over the border in connecticut now. we own at bcv. YEAH. we're staying at ssr in may. never been there before.

ok how about dough boys
Narragansett Beer
scarborough beach
del's from the truck. not from a del store. that doesn't count
whole belly clams
Wright's farm
Mezza Luna
Leo's Bakery
dynamites (other people call something similar sloppy joe's)
real italian bread. why can't we get it here?

when giving directions we say "ok, go past the smith's old house," (even though the jone's have lived there for 20 years!)

I grew up in Bristol, graduated from Bristol High in 76, now live in Woooon-sockette there. Been here for 20 years now, by way of Wareham (U know in that other state that thinks they have the best restaurants when Providence always kicks butt in cook offs) I teach in Pawtucket:teacher: where I also coach one of the 5 founding girls ice hockey teams in the interscholastic league, have one DD at an awesome college in Newport, a DS in high school, DD in middle school. I am once again a student at Providence College, and still find time for the two jobs I work. :scared1:

We have been owners since 02 when we bought 175 pts. at VB, did an add on of 130 pts. two years ago at SSR, just signed and sent the papers in for 150 pts. at AKV, so now have 455 pts. Disney is the only place I consider a vacation as opposed to a destination. Since I have gotten my parents (Warren) to also purchase points, and sis (Westerly) to also buy. Hmm, just noticed we all live in towns that begin with W...Hmmm, must be something to that.:idea:

Oh, jadejazzkayla, you forgot:
Hot Weenies
Stuffies
Clam Cakes
Coffee Cabinets (for the less informed it's a milkshake with ice cream)
Chourice and Peppers
Italian feast in Knightsville
Portuguese feast in every other town in the state
And Most Imprortantly, who can forget the "oldest" 4th of July celebration in the US....BRISTOL 4th of July...:woohoo:

DW and I will spend our 25th anniversary on the Disney Wonder in May, then to VB for 4 nights.:hug:

Gonna do our annual "entire" family vacation for Thanksgiving...:grouphug:

Ahhh. Woooon-sockette, where people pak side-by-each.:rotfl2:

And who can forget the gaggas (gaggers for those who pronounce "R"s) from the Haven Brothers in downtown Providence? Or getting a drink from the "bubbla".

I do miss RI. It is fun to read these threads.

PS I really loved Mr. Nick's frozen lemonade so much more than Del's. I don't think it is still around, is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter