• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Board Community :) .... General Resorts discussion, open to all!! :)

You're kidding!!!! What a crazy coincidence!!! My dad has been a professor at Purdue for 42 years. :goodvibes I actually know quite a few people associated with the football team, my husband is a sports broadcaster.

It's a Small World!!! :upsidedow

Very cool! Keep an eye out for Brandon Cottom! He's a sophmore this year, doing pretty well!

We will have our car ~ so that's good, but I still want to be as close as possible!

The few places I'm looking at are: Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Caribe, Sheraton Vistana, and the Sheraton Vistana Villages. If we go in the spring/summer (which I'm sure we will), then a pool slide is a must and I believe all of those places have one.

If we stay on-site, I'm not really sure what are options will be! Definitely depends on any deals. Pretty sure AoA or ASM suites will be out; maybe the cabins (although the set-up as far as beds is not ideal); Poly, CR, or maybe DVC. Our next trip we are talking about going longer than a week, maybe 10 days, and having a day at seaworld and a day for my DH and oldest to go to Universal, and maybe even a day at the beach. I don't mind just a hotel room, but I think if we stay that long we will need more than just a room. I guess that's one good thing about having awhile until our trip ~ plenty of time to get things worked out!

Hi everyone :wave2: I mostly lurk on the disboards but I'm wallowing in indecision and I just need to talk, I guess. My eldest daughter is graduating from high school this year and wants a trip to Disney to celebrate. She and I are the true family fanatics but her sisters love it too, the DH goes along to keep everyone happy. Our previous trips with the girls were to GF, two CL stays at the Polynesian, a BWI CL trip (on the buy 4 get 3 free promotion) with POR on the front end (1 night) and the back end (2 nights) because 10 day tickets were the same price as 7 day tickets and we drove down to see if we could do it without killing each other. :lmao: Strangely, we enjoyed the trip. POR was our first moderate, we'd always done deluxes being a family of five. However, our latest trip was the high school band trip. My eldest is drum major of the marching band and one of her younger sisters is in the marching band, concert band, jazz band and the other in orchestra. Due to our obvious involvement :) my DH and I drove the truck down with the instruments and suitcases. That trip we stayed at ASMu and were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable our stay was (even though we were surrounded by millions of band kids morning, noon, and night). So, herein lies the dilemma. We loved CL at the Polynesian but the kids were younger then and we spent more time at MK. We loved CL at BW, the people that staff CL are poster children for perfect hotel hosts. I don't think we can stay at POR again in one room because our tiny child has grown to near normal height/weight and I'm not sure we can curl her up enough to sleep on the new murphyish bed. We could get two rooms at an ASMu, ASMo, or POPish and have two bathrooms! A plus with girls. But the unknown is so scary and the disappointment of comparing something to a previous visit is a bit frightening as well. Cost is (or should be) an issue, she's going to college and the other two aren't that far behind. So....
I was looking at the Dolphin. The boardwalk location is so great; being able to walk to Epcot and HS is a gigantic plus. But CL calls...great to be able to feed a family of five breakfast quickly and easily (we love fruit, yogurt, and cereal), we usually eat a big lunch somewhere and get back to the resort for some glasses of wine, snacks, a little dessert, and DVD lulling us to dreamland. I also really enjoy someone making my bed every day.
The only time we can go this year is the first week or so of August or possibly the last week of June. We've just lived through a 10 day power outage with no heat, hot water, or electricity so we know we can get along in less than ideal conditions so we don't mind being in the same room. Any suggestions? I'm going in circles...
Help me :crazy2: I'm losing it.

With 3 teens, I could see staying at one of the Epcot resorts would be a good fit. BC/YC & BW rooms are a bit smaller then Poly, but still have 2 queens + day bed.
We stayed at BC CL and enjoyed it very much. And SAB is great.

Swan/Dolphin would def be a great option. I think they have an option for larger rooms too, http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/deluxe_alcove.html You may be more comfy in this type of room.

I'm not sure how much the bigger rooms are at Swan/Dolphin, but I looked into the regular rooms and only one of them (can't remember which, sorry!) will let you have 5 people in a room (and it was the one with 2 full beds). But you could pay extra for a roll away.

Have you thought about the cabins? If you are really wanting to save money, I think I would go with 2 rooms at a value. I have 3 girls ~ they are young, but I'm sure once they are teens/pre-teens we will definitely appreciate having 2 bathrooms!

Just want to let everyone know the AP rates are out for Jan-Mar!!! The website has been problematic but I had no wait calling the AP line!!! Get those discounts!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just want to let everyone know the AP rates are out for Jan-Mar!!! The website has been problematic but I had no wait calling the AP line!!! Get those discounts!!!!

Got my January room! :thumbsup2 Can't do our Spring Break yet though, because it isn't until March 24th. With Easter being on the 31st I am nervous. :scared: I went back through the calendar and we haven't had an Easter this early since 2008. Maybe it's a good year to try the cruise line instead?? We shall see. Typically I avoid Easter week like the plague, but since that's the kids' spring break from school there isn't much I can do about it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

TigrLvsPooh said:
Got my January room! :thumbsup2 Can't do our Spring Break yet though, because it isn't until March 24th. With Easter being on the 31st I am nervous. :scared: I went back through the calendar and we haven't had an Easter this early since 2008. Maybe it's a good year to try the cruise line instead?? We shall see. Typically I avoid Easter week like the plague, but since that's the kids' spring break from school there isn't much I can do about it.

Even on a cruise you will feel that it is a holiday/break week. The amount of kids usually at least doubles those weeks and even though we have kids it means very crowded pools and camps. Of course we do it anyway, but it is just something to be aware of.

We have seasonal passes to WDW so we are blacked out over the Easter break. Seasonal blackouts = highest crowd times for sure!!!! I don't think I would attempt Easter break at WDW, but that is just me.

So do tell, where did you book for Jan???

We went Easter Week in 2010 and were pleasantly surprised. What saved us was the long hours. Frankly, after being there a couple of weeks ago and working around short hours, MNSSHP and the Food and Wine crowds, I'll take Easter week any day over that. Weird I know!

We too don't have a home resort. We now have a category (moderate) but the three larger mods are our favorites and we just take turns.

We did CSR a few weeks ago and loved it (stayed there in 2006) and dh was wanting to stay there again next trip, but then we both realized that we are ready to return to POR so that's probably where we'll stay.

This last trip was really bittersweet for us, it was our last trip for who knows how long with our son, he's leaving for boot camp in February. Our last night at MK, I bawled on TTA sitting across from him knowing he's about to leave home. Another reason not to stay at CSR, I think going back there would just seem sad since that's where we stayed with him most recently.

I do really want to stay at Yacht Club but just can't bring myself to pay those rates! Maybe a split stay between that and a mod but since this next trip will be right before dd starts college, it probably wont' happen for a few years!

TigrLvsPooh said:

OMG, we did the Dream over spring break in 2011, wall to wall people! The thing that really got me though was our Castaway Cay day was extremely windy, to the point we almost didn't dock and all shore excursions were cancelled.

Even on a cruise you will feel that it is a holiday/break week. The amount of kids usually at least doubles those weeks and even though we have kids it means very crowded pools and camps. Of course we do it anyway, but it is just something to be aware of.

We have seasonal passes to WDW so we are blacked out over the Easter break. Seasonal blackouts = highest crowd times for sure!!!! I don't think I would attempt Easter break at WDW, but that is just me.

So do tell, where did you book for Jan???

We added BWI CL :) So now we've got our split stay between Epcot and MK, my favorite way to go for sure!! :thumbsup2 Now I just need the next 40 days to fly by, get Christmas over with, and then we're back home! :lovestruc

We went Easter Week in 2010 and were pleasantly surprised. What saved us was the long hours. Frankly, after being there a couple of weeks ago and working around short hours, MNSSHP and the Food and Wine crowds, I'll take Easter week any day over that. Weird I know!

I'm starting to think we should just go with it. :upsidedow The thing about our family is that we really don't care if we have to skip the more popular rides, we are just as happy to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. ::yes:: Grab a few fast passes for a few rides, get some ice cream, go back to swim, so I'm thinking we'll probably go. We could shave the end of the week off, maybe go Friday-Wednesday and get back before Easter weekend. That might help???

OMG, we did the Dream over spring break in 2011, wall to wall people! The thing that really got me though was our Castaway Cay day was extremely windy, to the point we almost didn't dock and all shore excursions were cancelled.

Just the thought of wall to wall people on a ship scares the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm not thinking my first cruise should be like that. ;) It's going to be hard enough for me to even grasp being out on the water. I need a nice, calm, slow time accompanied by mood altering drugs and cocktails. :rotfl: Or maybe someone to just hit me over the head with a shovel and wake me up when it's over. :lmao:

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!!! :goodvibes Last week was a blur for me, I didn't even have a chance to come to the DIS once! :scared: We had family from out of town and then spent the rest of the weekend putting up the tree and decorating the house. Also I did quite a bit of shopping! :santa: Isn't it hard to believe it's almost 2013????

TigrLvsPooh said:
We added BWI CL :) So now we've got our split stay between Epcot and MK, my favorite way to go for sure!! :thumbsup2 Now I just need the next 40 days to fly by, get Christmas over with, and then we're back home! :lovestruc

I'm starting to think we should just go with it. :upsidedow The thing about our family is that we really don't care if we have to skip the more popular rides, we are just as happy to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. ::yes:: Grab a few fast passes for a few rides, get some ice cream, go back to swim, so I'm thinking we'll probably go. We could shave the end of the week off, maybe go Friday-Wednesday and get back before Easter weekend. That might help???

Just the thought of wall to wall people on a ship scares the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm not thinking my first cruise should be like that. ;) It's going to be hard enough for me to even grasp being out on the water. I need a nice, calm, slow time accompanied by mood altering drugs and cocktails. :rotfl: Or maybe someone to just hit me over the head with a shovel and wake me up when it's over. :lmao:

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!!! :goodvibes Last week was a blur for me, I didn't even have a chance to come to the DIS once! :scared: We had family from out of town and then spent the rest of the weekend putting up the tree and decorating the house. Also I did quite a bit of shopping! :santa: Isn't it hard to believe it's almost 2013????

That was our first cruise, Jeff says he doesn't want to do another. :(. I used the scopolamine patch and did fine, he became sick with a terrible upper respiritory infection, wound up staying in bed like the last day (day at sea). It was just waaaay too many people in one area for him.

The days are flying by!!! I got all my shopping done...now it's time to work my butt off to pay for the house bills :rotfl:

That was our first cruise, Jeff says he doesn't want to do another. :(. I used the scopolamine patch and did fine, he became sick with a terrible upper respiritory infection, wound up staying in bed like the last day (day at sea). It was just waaaay too many people in one area for him.
:scared1: I can't get my DH to even try a cruise...not to mention an irrational fear I have of large boats :rolleyes1

The days are flying by!!! I got all my shopping done...now it's time to work my butt off to pay for the house bills :rotfl:

:scared1: I can't get my DH to even try a cruise...not to mention an irrational fear I have of large boats :rolleyes1

Well we can all enjoy WDW and stay away from large boats as far as I'm concerned! :lmao: ;)

Totally off topic, well I don't think we have a topic ;) , but I'm on shutterfly right now trying to make our Xmas card... every year I just choose a few WDW pics to make a card and I'm having a HARD TIME finding any good pics this year! Now that the kids are older it seems I can't ever get them to stop and pose for pictures, DH is just as bad. My new year's resolution is to TAKE MORE FAMILY PHOTOS!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I couldn't find a single picture with all 4 of us in it going back through 4 WDW vacations. Now that is just ridiculous!!!!! :furious:

Well we can all enjoy WDW and stay away from large boats as far as I'm concerned! :lmao: ;)

Totally off topic, well I don't think we have a topic ;) , but I'm on shutterfly right now trying to make our Xmas card... every year I just choose a few WDW pics to make a card and I'm having a HARD TIME finding any good pics this year! Now that the kids are older it seems I can't ever get them to stop and pose for pictures, DH is just as bad. My new year's resolution is to TAKE MORE FAMILY PHOTOS!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I couldn't find a single picture with all 4 of us in it going back through 4 WDW vacations. Now that is just ridiculous!!!!! :furious:

Don't feel bad Erika :hug: I went on my trip with my daughters, and I believe I got one pic with all three of them..Trying to get one with them all smiling..whole different story...Our only family picture with ALL of us..is from Tusker House Breakfast :laughing:

Don't feel bad Erika :hug: I went on my trip with my daughters, and I believe I got one pic with all three of them..Trying to get one with them all smiling..whole different story...Our only family picture with ALL of us..is from Tusker House Breakfast :laughing:

We do have a decent pic from 1900 park fare, but I didn't buy the digital copy, only the print. :worried:

I lost this thread for awhile! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We did ~ and now reality has set in that it will be Christmas before I know it! I am very behind in my shopping.

My husband and I finally booked our 10 year anniversary trip for January (our anniversary was in June, lol). We're going to Jackson Hole, WY ~ I'm excited and nervous. Will be the first time we have left all 3 girls for an extended time. And, living in AL, I don't do well in the cold! Couldn't convince DH for an adults only Disney trip!

But, I *think* I have finally decided that we will definitely stay off site on our May/June 2014 trip. I'm nervous, but it will be fine. We are going to do it as budget friendly as we can (hey, it IS Disney!). But we'll get a condo, so we can have plenty of space, b/c I want to stay at least 8 days, hopefully 10. Besides Disney (probably just 5 days), we'll do Seaworld, a day at the beach, and my DH and oldest will at least do one day at Universal (and maybe on those days I'll take the younger two to MK) ~ hmmm, that's not going to be very budget friendly!! But, really, we'll try. And I've really been itching to go back to Disney at Christmas time, so we'll go sometime around the holidays in 2015 and stay on-site, maybe even splurge for monorail resort again so we can easily see all the decorations.

I lost this thread for awhile! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We did ~ and now reality has set in that it will be Christmas before I know it! I am very behind in my shopping.

My husband and I finally booked our 10 year anniversary trip for January (our anniversary was in June, lol). We're going to Jackson Hole, WY ~ I'm excited and nervous. Will be the first time we have left all 3 girls for an extended time. And, living in AL, I don't do well in the cold! Couldn't convince DH for an adults only Disney trip!

But, I *think* I have finally decided that we will definitely stay off site on our May/June 2014 trip. I'm nervous, but it will be fine. We are going to do it as budget friendly as we can (hey, it IS Disney!). But we'll get a condo, so we can have plenty of space, b/c I want to stay at least 8 days, hopefully 10. Besides Disney (probably just 5 days), we'll do Seaworld, a day at the beach, and my DH and oldest will at least do one day at Universal (and maybe on those days I'll take the younger two to MK) ~ hmmm, that's not going to be very budget friendly!! But, really, we'll try. And I've really been itching to go back to Disney at Christmas time, so we'll go sometime around the holidays in 2015 and stay on-site, maybe even splurge for monorail resort again so we can easily see all the decorations.

Wow!!! What kind of weather are you expecting for Jackson Hole in January???? Are you renting a car with snow tires and chains??? Lol :lmao: We went to Lake Tahoe in the winter once... Had over 3 feet of snow!!!!! :eek:

Wow!!! What kind of weather are you expecting for Jackson Hole in January???? Are you renting a car with snow tires and chains??? Lol :lmao: We went to Lake Tahoe in the winter once... Had over 3 feet of snow!!!!! :eek:

Oh, we will not be driving anywhere, lol! We are very much looking forward to it ~ it will be something we have never experienced, that is for sure! We have a few things scheduled...we'll do ski school one day, and 2 tours ~ a snow mobile to Old Faithful and one to the hot springs.

And we looked into Lake Tahoe ~ but decided against it b/c we did not want to rent a car to get there from the airport. The airport we'll fly into is in Jackson Hole and the hotel shuttle will get us where we need to go:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter