Resort Board Community :) .... General Resorts discussion, open to all!! :)

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in forming a new thread or sub-board for those of us who don't have a "home" resort?? Over the years I've hopped around to the different resort threads, they are full of some really awesome people, and I've loved getting to know so many of you... but for someone like me who is constantly staying at different resorts I don't feel I've found a place to settle in. As my buddy Alan would say, I'm a one man wolf pack! :rotfl: So what do you guys think??? :wave2:

Good Morning DISfamily! :grouphug:

After having a good long UGLY cry about not making it onto the Disney Moms Panel this year :sad: I immediately came to the Resort Board to drowned my sorrows. ;) I've been coming here for over 10 years, and consider board #12 my home. :goodvibes :goodvibes:goodvibes I love this place! :lovestruc

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in forming a new thread or sub-board for those of us who don't have a "home" resort?? Over the years I've hopped around to the different resort threads, they are full of some really awesome people, and I've loved getting to know so many of you... but for someone like me who is constantly staying at different resorts I don't feel I've found a place to settle in. As my buddy Alan would say, I'm a one man wolf pack! :rotfl:

So what do you guys think??? :wave2:

I certainly don't have a home resort yet. If I were to pick one today, it would be WL!!! That place is amazing...but we are still in the process of trying them all, so no "home" yet! :goodvibes

There are some fabulous peeps on the resort changers thread. I've been lucky enough to be in with them for a little over a year - they are like family! But always interested in "meeting" more people!

I certainly don't have a home resort yet. If I were to pick one today, it would be WL!!! That place is amazing...but we are still in the process of trying them all, so no "home" yet! :goodvibes

I'm not alone!!!! :hug: I agree the WL is amazing, that's my problem I guess, I think they are all amazing! :upsidedow

Well, seeing as you have stayed at most of the resorts....riddle me this....

We are currently booked at Beach Club. Just a garden view.

We had started off this reservation being booked 5 nights YC CL and 5 nights Poly CL.

Though I think the BC/YC area looks beautiful, and we really like the feel when we walk around there...I worry that it's missing some of that Disney "magic" that you get by being at the Poly, and seeing the castle all the time, etc... I know that sounds stupid, but I really loved that about the WL...we had the castle right outside our balcony!!! :goodvibes

Do you think I'll get that magic at BC/YC?? And, I'll say, we've never stayed at Poly, only visited...and if I switch my ressie, it will have to be CL b/c that's the only thing available with Military discount...

Well, seeing as you have stayed at most of the resorts....riddle me this....

We are currently booked at Beach Club. Just a garden view.

We had started off this reservation being booked 5 nights YC CL and 5 nights Poly CL.

Though I think the BC/YC area looks beautiful, and we really like the feel when we walk around there...I worry that it's missing some of that Disney "magic" that you get by being at the Poly, and seeing the castle all the time, etc... I know that sounds stupid, but I really loved that about the WL...we had the castle right outside our balcony!!! :goodvibes

Do you think I'll get that magic at BC/YC?? And, I'll say, we've never stayed at Poly, only visited...and if I switch my ressie, it will have to be CL b/c that's the only thing available with Military discount...

I totally understand what you are saying. I'm a MK junkie, I love the castle, I love Wishes, it's definitely my favorite part of WDW. :goodvibes However, I have to say that the Epcot resorts are also really great. Over the last couple of years my kids (now 11 and 13) have become obsessed with the BC and Epcot. They love the boardwalk area at night, and so does my DH. A typical night for us would be to walk over to Epcot, have dinner, watch Illuminations, then walk over to the Boardwalk, hit the ESPN club and/or arcade, check out the street performers, get some ice cream, maybe check the movie playing on the BC beach. It feels like its own little town. :goodvibes Everything is in such close walking distance, even if you were staying several nights you'd probably never run out of things to do and explore. HOWEVER, I love the monorail resorts. LOVE THEM! :lovestruc They are all so beautiful, they have amazing views, fantastic restaurants, the monorail, the list goes on and on. When staying over there we tend to spend a majority of time at MK. It's just so easy to hop on a boat and be there in a few minutes. I always tell people split stays are a great way to experience both areas, without having to choose one over the other. I am very fortunate that I get to take a lot of trips down there, so we can move around a lot and never feel like we're missing anything.

This was probably way more information than you were looking for! :rotfl: Your original reservation of 5 nights Poly CL and 5 nights YC CL is probably one of the best plans I could come up with in a perfect world! :thumbsup2

I totally understand what you are saying. I'm a MK junkie, I love the castle, I love Wishes, it's definitely my favorite part of WDW. :goodvibes However, I have to say that the Epcot resorts are also really great. Over the last couple of years my kids (now 11 and 13) have become obsessed with the BC and Epcot. They love the boardwalk area at night, and so does my DH. A typical night for us would be to walk over to Epcot, have dinner, watch Illuminations, then walk over to the Boardwalk, hit the ESPN club and/or arcade, check out the street performers, get some ice cream, maybe check the movie playing on the BC beach. It feels like its own little town. :goodvibes Everything is in such close walking distance, even if you were staying several nights you'd probably never run out of things to do and explore. HOWEVER, I love the monorail resorts. LOVE THEM! :lovestruc They are all so beautiful, they have amazing views, fantastic restaurants, the monorail, the list goes on and on. When staying over there we tend to spend a majority of time at MK. It's just so easy to hop on a boat and be there in a few minutes. I always tell people split stays are a great way to experience both areas, without having to choose one over the other. I am very fortunate that I get to take a lot of trips down there, so we can move around a lot and never feel like we're missing anything.

This was probably way more information than you were looking for! :rotfl: Your original reservation of 5 nights Poly CL and 5 nights YC CL is probably one of the best plans I could come up with in a perfect world! :thumbsup2

I agree. It still sound heavanly, just insanely more $$$. And my DH is not a fan of the split stay idea.

We only go down once a year -- usually for 10 nights...so that's plenty of time for a split, but DH is not fond of the idea.

Thoughts on CR Garden Wing??? Though, if I decided to stay at CR, I'd want a MK view...:rolleyes1

I agree. It still sound heavanly, just insanely more $$$. And my DH is not a fan of the split stay idea.

We only go down once a year -- usually for 10 nights...so that's plenty of time for a split, but DH is not fond of the idea.

Thoughts on CR Garden Wing??? Though, if I decided to stay at CR, I'd want a MK view...:rolleyes1

Money is always an issue for us as well. I don't like paying more than what I feel is reasonable. If I can get the BC CL for $200 a night less than Poly CL then that is a no brainer. I love Poly CL but I need to get a good discount in order to enjoy myself. ;)

Money is always an issue for us as well. I don't like paying more than what I feel is reasonable. If I can get the BC CL for $200 a night less than Poly CL then that is a no brainer. I love Poly CL but I need to get a good discount in order to enjoy myself. ;)

We can get 40% off of Poly CL, but that still means approx $4400 for the 10 nights there vs. $2925 at BC in a gv room.

We did CL at WL, and while we loved it....we also know that the "value" of CL isn't really there for us...but we'd splurge again, for a special occassion...or if that was our only option....

We can get 40% off of Poly CL, but that still means approx $4400 for the 10 nights there vs. $2925 at BC in a gv room.

We did CL at WL, and while we loved it....we also know that the "value" of CL isn't really there for us...but we'd splurge again, for a special occassion...or if that was our only option....

Is that BC CL GV or just GV? I could definitely see getting $147 a day out of Poly CL over just a regular room at the BC. Our family would get breakfast daily (that's worth at least $50 or more depending on how much you normally eat for breakfast) and usually we go through a lot of snacks and drinks in the afternoon. We usually take breaks around 2:00 or so, by then the kids are ready to eat their weight in cookies and drink about a gallon of water each. :lmao: The dinner appetizers don't really do anything for us because we eat big meals at night, and typically we don't get back in time for the dessert hours. But $147 really isn't bad. The room would be larger, and you'd be guaranteed a daybed. If your meant to type BC CL GV then I probably wouldn't switch.

Is that BC CL GV or just GV? I could definitely see getting $147 a day out of Poly CL over just a regular room at the BC. Our family would get breakfast daily (that's worth at least $50 or more depending on how much you normally eat for breakfast) and usually we go through a lot of snacks and drinks in the afternoon. We usually take breaks around 2:00 or so, by then the kids are ready to eat their weight in cookies and drink about a gallon of water each. :lmao: The dinner appetizers don't really do anything for us because we eat big meals at night, and typically we don't get back in time for the dessert hours. But $147 really isn't bad. The room would be larger, and you'd be guaranteed a daybed. If your meant to type BC CL GV then I probably wouldn't switch.

No CL at the BC....Just regular GV room....

When we stayed CL at WL, we hardly woke up in time for breakfast...we'd have to do that...and DH and I did have beers/wine, etc...which was great, but again, you have to be around to partake in that. We did have the appies about 2-3 of our 10 nights...I guess it's just a matter of whether we make the time to be there for the perks.

We are not doing DDP this time around and only have 5 ADR's for an 11 day trip!!! :yay: We are excited about not being tethered down by ADR's this time around....oh, thinking, thinking....:rolleyes1

Erika, I think that's a great idea! While BC is my favorite and Poly is a close second, we love so many resorts for different reasons and I love discussing all of them. As you can see from my signature, we've stayed in many resorts and continue to return to many resorts! I think we're now addicted to split stays as a result. :)

And I just wanted to send you a big hug regarding the Moms Panel. I know the feeling. I applied in 2010 and made it all the way to the final round - the phone interviews. A few days after the final interviews, Laura called to let me know that I was not selected as a panelist. I was really discouraged and a bit exhausted from the stress of the process. But I think you're on the right track! A few days on the resort, restaurant and theme park boards and I was feeling better already. We can still offer all the planning assistance we would have provided on the Moms Panel right here on the boards. :)

Completely agree on the discounts. I have this feeling about what's reasonable given the season and the resort. So while I was willing to pay the cost of CR CL for the night of MNSSHP earlier this month, I can't bring myself to spend that much for a standard room at GF in March.

Mousemommy, if you go with CR, I have to recommend CR CL with a Bay Lake View! Peaceful water view from the room, MK view from the lounge, and I think CL makes a big difference in the CR experience. But I love the Poly/BC split, so I'd stick with that! Best of both worlds!

pixarmom said:
Erika, I think that's a great idea! While BC is my favorite and Poly is a close second, we love so many resorts for different reasons and I love discussing all of them. As you can see from my signature, we've stayed in many resorts and continue to return to many resorts! I think we're now addicted to split stays as a result. :)

And I just wanted to send you a big hug regarding the Moms Panel. I know the feeling. I applied in 2010 and made it all the way to the final round - the phone interviews. A few days after the final interviews, Laura called to let me know that I was not selected as a panelist. I was really discouraged and a bit exhausted from the stress of the process. But I think you're on the right track! A few days on the resort, restaurant and theme park boards and I was feeling better already. We can still offer all the planning assistance we would have provided on the Moms Panel right here on the boards. :)

Completely agree on the discounts. I have this feeling about what's reasonable given the season and the resort. So while I was willing to pay the cost of CR CL for the night of MNSSHP earlier this month, I can't bring myself to spend that much for a standard room at GF in March.

Mousemommy, if you go with CR, I have to recommend CR CL with a Bay Lake View! Peaceful water view from the room, MK view from the lounge, and I think CL makes a big difference in the CR experience. But I love the Poly/BC split, so I'd stick with that! Best of both worlds!

Thank you so much!! I can't even explain to people how devastating it is to not be chosen, heck most of my friends and family if not all of them have never heard of the moms panel. So it's sort of a personal struggle today to pack my suitcase and prepare to leave tomorrow for WDW. I'm still excited, but its bittersweet. Thank goodness for the DISboards or I might go batty!! ;)

I've got some awesome pics from our stay at the CR mk view , I highly recommend it!!! Let me go find the link, I'm still struggling to manage the DIS app on my iPhone.

Mousemommy1 said:
Got message that says no permission for access. :confused3

Urghhh!!! I don't know how to share the album on this app. Let me try safari.

Erika, I think this is a great idea!!! I am still following you on Twitter and Pinterest ;) I was so sorry to read about the moms panel, I am sure it is debating to you! HUGS!!! You can definitely be my personal "moms panel" :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter