Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

Is Julie ok, should we write or call the gm to let him know she did not advertise or do any types of promotions at all, how can other hotels complain, we talk about all of them, it's not like any of them are losing money, they are in a popular area and they all get booked, i am concerned for Julie.

HappyLawyer said:
Is Julie ok, should we write or call the gm to let him know she did not advertise or do any types of promotions at all, how can other hotels complain, we talk about all of them, it's not like any of them are losing money, they are in a popular area and they all get booked, i am concerned for Julie.

I just got off the phone with Julie. I was just checking on our reservations for next month as we made them a while ago, and she said that other hotels did complain, but that her manager wasn't mad at her and told her she had done nothing wrong.

I say everyone who feels the urge, call the hotel at 1-321-323-1100 and at least let her GM Pat know how helpful and pleasant she was to us. :thumbsup2 (He was out, so I asked to be put through to his voicemail!!) Let's support someone who has really been helpful to us!

To the moderators, isn't it legal for someone to respond to a specific question? (And I am asking that in all fairness to all of the hotels, not being snide or rude, I promise!) Julie didn't start this thread or any other that I know of, and she didn't just jump in and spout off irrelevant stuff. If I have read this thread correctly, she only answered specific questions aimed directly at her, and she didn't put down any other business or hotel. Is this OK or not on the boards? Just for FYI to me :goodvibes

well after reading this thread I just booked two rooms at RI.
I think the GM should be patting Julie on the back, since she did great with providing customer service answers. Because I felt my questions were answered I felt very comfortable booking there. I hope the GM realizes what a great assest he has. :thumbsup2

I'm assuming that you guys used the complimentary parking at the Residence Inn. Do feel that it is safe? From Julie's pictures, it looked like you would just be leaving your car in the spaces around the hotel.

Thank you Julie for all your information. We will be staying there on Oct 21 before the cruise and hope to meet you. I love the fact that there is breakfast in the morning. One less thing to think about before the cruise.

Oh, I see. Other hotels were jealous that bubbly Julie was handing out useful information. :rolleyes: I didn't think her posting here was a problem with moderators here as she wasn't advertising at all. I have to say that not too many come on this board and soley provide info on their product. She didn't bash any other hotel so why do those other places have a problem with her answering easy questions? Ok, I'll stop ranting. I agree that it was nice to have her around and maybe they can let her mosey on in here from time to time. :teeth:

Yes, ITA that Shirley ROCKS! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!!!
I am here to let you all know that I have resigned from Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral. This has NOTHING to do with me getting my hand slapped for being on here. I have been offered a job in Nashville TN at the Hampton Inn West End Vanderbuilt. I start up there Sept 4th. SOOOO if anyone is in the Nashville area Please pop in and say Hi!
I will be at Residence Inn untill Aug 24th that will be my last day. I am sorry I wont get to meet all of you wonderful folks when u get here. But, now I can pop in and say hi and answer any question you may have about Residence as best I can. I Know you will all enjoy your stays at Residence Inn and the staff will take good care of you. It has been my pleasure to meet a few of you when you were checking in and even took a pic of a group from NJ in the lobby! It was great talking to Cindy on the phone! Your awsume!! thanks for all your kudoos! and thanks everyone for welcoming me to you forum! I have totaly enjoyed it and will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is.
Happy Cruisin to everyone!

Sending you lots of prayers and pixiedust for a new adventure for you, Julie! :thumbsup2 Good luck to you!

snelsonbrown said:
the best place for seafood is really Red Lobster, but since that is in Merritt Island and if there is no transportation, the next best bet is Florida Seafood Restaurant right on HWY 520 in cocoa Beach - Norm and I went in there last night and of course he and I had not only lobster, but crab also and yep they have chicken also - I love the atmosphere and there are a number of live fish tanks with salt water fish all around the restaurant and statues of "Seafarers" that look like they can reach out and touch you - you are almost on the Indian River, but Sunset Rest is next to them - I do not remember if Grills has crab/lobster - another excellent place is Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty close to Patrick Air Force base, but unless you have transportation, that is really a very very very long walk - I would have to come pick you up before you got 5 blocks from the port :-) -----another neat place is the Old Fish House Restaurant that is on 520 also in fact a few doors down from the dinosaur store at the White Rose Shopping Center and that's about it for seafood, good that is.
Hope that helps to make some decisions.
Always
Shirley

DINOSAUR STORE?????????Shirley, please tell me more about this??? My son's would be in heaven if there is a Dino store in Cape Canaveral? What do they sell? Thank you for always being so helpful. We'd be lost on this board without you!

The Dinosaur Store is a great place to take kids - They have just about everything you want to see or know about Dinosaurs - they are right on Hwy 520 at White rose Shopping Center - they are less than 2 miles from my shop - their address is
299 W. Cocoa Beach Cswy (which is 520) and their phone number is 321-783-7300 and their website is www.dinosaurstore.com - store hours 10:30 to 5PM - Saturday is 10:30am to 7PM. Closed on Sunday - Ask for Stacy - he is a male.
Always
Shirley

JMK127 said:
I will be at Residence Inn untill Aug 24th that will be my last day. I am sorry I wont get to meet all of you wonderful folks when u get here. But, now I can pop in and say hi and answer any question you may have about Residence as best I can. I Know you will all enjoy your stays at Residence Inn and the staff will take good care of you. It has been my pleasure to meet a few of you when you were checking in and even took a pic of a group from NJ in the lobby! It was great talking to Cindy on the phone! Your awsume!! thanks for all your kudoos! and thanks everyone for welcoming me to you forum! I have totaly enjoyed it and will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is.
Happy Cruisin to everyone!

Jules!!!! I want to be so bummed as I was so looking forward to meeting you in person, but since this is a good thing for you, I can't be. Congratulations on moving up (both literally and figuratively!!) :goodvibes and don't be a stranger! Maybe we'll even see you on a cruise in the future ... :sunny: Hugs to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter