Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

PenskeSth1 said:
Thanks for the Pics Julie! We are staying there the night before our cruise, our room is $94.00 it is a studio with king bed w/full kitchen.

Julie does the residence have shuffle board or games?
We have a one on one basketball court! no shuffel board sorry.

Hi Shirley,
I dont know near enough about Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Bch! I lived on Merritt Island for the past 8 years. I just moved over this way in May. Your doing a great job and I can see everyone appreciates your help. Even me!! :sunny: I am learning about the area via ur posts :goodvibes I need to figure out were ur shop is and stop by some day and say hi :cool1:

Can someone recomend a good and reasonable seafood restaurant close to the port.Ds loves crab/lobster.It needs to have chicken also

the best place for seafood is really Red Lobster, but since that is in Merritt Island and if there is no transportation, the next best bet is Florida Seafood Restaurant right on HWY 520 in cocoa Beach - Norm and I went in there last night and of course he and I had not only lobster, but crab also and yep they have chicken also - I love the atmosphere and there are a number of live fish tanks with salt water fish all around the restaurant and statues of "Seafarers" that look like they can reach out and touch you - you are almost on the Indian River, but Sunset Rest is next to them - I do not remember if Grills has crab/lobster - another excellent place is Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty close to Patrick Air Force base, but unless you have transportation, that is really a very very very long walk - I would have to come pick you up before you got 5 blocks from the port :-) -----another neat place is the Old Fish House Restaurant that is on 520 also in fact a few doors down from the dinosaur store at the White Rose Shopping Center and that's about it for seafood, good that is.
Hope that helps to make some decisions.
Always
Shirley

not sure who had asked earlier about rates for RI....I found a great rate right on the RI website. I got a 2 bedroom suite for $115 total for the night before our cruise in January. That was a AAA rate, but even the regular rate at the time I booked was only $5 more. another kind diser alerted me to the great rate. Just keep checking.

cepmom said:
not sure who had asked earlier about rates for RI....I found a great rate right on the RI website. I got a 2 bedroom suite for $115 total for the night before our cruise in January. That was a AAA rate, but even the regular rate at the time I booked was only $5 more. another kind diser alerted me to the great rate. Just keep checking.

Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate, much better than the Radisson which was $199 for a 1 bedroom.

We are very comfortable with the Residence Inn product, we basically lived in a 2 bedroom suite for about 3 weeks while waiting for our house to be completed when we relocated to IL. :)

Julie, thanks for the information about the availability of a taxi and an approximate cost. The breakfast sounds great! I'm so relieved to hear there are high protein foods available. I'm hypoglycemic.

Room rate. We booked our studio for $94.00

Restaurant question We ate somewhere close to the Radisson last time but I can't remember the name of the place. I remember it was popular and that it had a lot of dark wood inside it. Was this Grill's?

kaseyC said:
Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate,

I'd be happy with 129.00 for a 2 bedroom. I was just thinking it would be nice to have my mom and her husband meet up with us since they live not too far away. Where did you find such a good rate?

kaseyC said:
Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate, much better than the Radisson which was $199 for a 1 bedroom.

We are very comfortable with the Residence Inn product, we basically lived in a 2 bedroom suite for about 3 weeks while waiting for our house to be completed when we relocated to IL. :)

yes, I was very pleased when I saw that rate!! I wasn't quite sure if we were going to stay in PC the night before or somewhere closer to MCO, but I could not pass up that price!

$129 is great too. When I had looked before, the 2 bedroom was something like $199.

We don't actually need the 2 bedroom...we would be fine in a standard type hotel set up with a roll away (it will be me, DH and 3 DD's), but for that price, the 2 bedroom will be heaven even if it is only for 1 night!

yazee1 said:
I'd be happy with 129.00 for a 2 bedroom. I was just thinking it would be nice to have my mom and her husband meet up with us since they live not too far away. Where did you find such a good rate?

I booked it directly through the Marriott website at the beginning of Feb. I think we really got lucky because they were just getting ready to open.

cepmom said:
yes, I was very pleased when I saw that rate!! I wasn't quite sure if we were going to stay in PC the night before or somewhere closer to MCO, but I could not pass up that price!

$129 is great too. When I had looked before, the 2 bedroom was something like $199.

We don't actually need the 2 bedroom...we would be fine in a standard type hotel set up with a roll away (it will be me, DH and 3 DD's), but for that price, the 2 bedroom will be heaven even if it is only for 1 night!

Our family is exaactly the same- Me, DH and 3 DDs but we have found that everyone is happier when the girls have there own space. DH and I are afraid of them!! :lmao: :lmao:

kaseyC said:
Our family is exaactly the same- Me, DH and 3 DDs but we have found that everyone is happier when the girls have there own space. DH and I are afraid of them!! :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl: too funny!!! we get two rooms on the cruise too...cheaper than the cat 4 room, more space and the best part....two showers!
How old are your DD's??
Mine are 16, 9 and 6

cepmom said:
:rotfl: too funny!!! we get two rooms on the cruise too...cheaper than the cat 4 room, more space and the best part....two showers!
How old are your DD's??
Mine are 16, 9 and 6

Ours are 10, 5 and 3. Two bathrooms are very much appreciated at least for DH. :teeth:

The restaurant that is closest to the 3 hotels is called Zackery's - its a mom and pop restaurant with excellent food tho service is unfortunalty slow - good help is hard to find, but Dena (the other half of Zackery) is a great gal and Zack is a nice guy who really tries to please folks - Norm and I like going in there when he or I don't feel like cooking - Tell Dena that you are part of the disboard - she loves hearing that -
Looks like something else exciting is going to open up in Cape Canaveral and not too far South of Budget - there once was an L shaped RED building on the left side of Astronaut - it once was a great Italian Restaurant, but folded and has been an eyesore for quite sometime - anyhow the property was sold, the building knocked down and I understand a nice restaurant is going up there, BUT since CC doesn't belive it has enough condos, gas stations, 7/11 etc, I may have heard wrong - wish it was going to be a nice shopping mall, but the area is too small for that - anyhow will keep you posted.
As always
Shirley and Norm

Hi all,

I spoke to Julie at the front desk last night to confirm our reservation for this coming Saturday night, explaining that we were pleased with all the info she provided here. Unfortunately she can no longer post on the DIS at her general managers request, even though he/she thought she did good! It seems other hotels complained, for whatever reason who knows?

Bob. Seven days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, and I'm sure others, would love to know the basis of the complaint about Julie's involvement in this board. I don't work in the industry, so maybe there's something I don't understand.

You can't advertise on the boards so I'm sure the hotel doesn't want them to appear as they are doing that. It really seems she had no intention of doing so and just wanted to give out good info on a new hotel. It's a shame because she was such a benefit to future cruisers. Kudos to Julie! :thumbsup2

VAgal76 said:
You can't advertise on the boards so I'm sure the hotel doesn't want them to appear as they are doing that. It really seems she had no intention of doing so and just wanted to give out good info on a new hotel. It's a shame because she was such a benefit to future cruisers. Kudos to Julie! :thumbsup2
I think finnie48 mentioned other hotels complained. That's unfortunate as Julie wasn't marketing the hotel but providing a service answering our questions. So she and her GM tried to do it on the up and up and unfortunately had their hands slapped. :sad2: Well, I really appreciated her feedback and her photos (as well as Shirley's insight) as it was first hand experience. It was great while it lasted. Thanks Julie!! Thank you to finnie48 for the update as we would have wondered what happened.

JMK127 said:
Hi Everyone!
I am Julie and I work at the front desk at Residence Inn. I just tried to post a message but I think it ended up is cyber space somewere. I will go and look for it but in the mean time here is a little for you to read and look at.

I have photos of Residence Inn in my photobucket account your welcome to look at them but, remember they are NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT pictures I took them myself. got to photobucket and put jmh127 in the search window. disboards wont let me post the link sorry....
Looking forward to seeing everyone when they arrive! I usualy work the 3 to 11 shift so there is a good chance I will be there when U check in. If not then the other GSR's will take very good care of you!

Hey Julie, welcome. Are you the Julie who I wrote the card for last Saturday after the rude guest? If you are I hope it all worked out.

I can tell you that check in was wonderful here at this resort. The staff is very friendly and very acoomodating. Our suite was nice and incredibly clean. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

Julie-1 said:
Thanks for the welcome I have heard about the boards from several of our guests. So deceided to pop over and check them out! I work at the front desk usually the 3 to 11 shift. My name is Julie.

It is not a lap pool it holds lots of people. It is a very pretty nicely shaped pool. Its not rectangular ummm its hard to describe! :)
hmm I was going to post a picture of the pool but I am not sure how to do it. I have pictures of the hotel in my photobucket but when I tried to put them in here they did not show up. hmmm If someone will tell me which of the links to use to post them here I will post a pic of the pool. BTW I may have to switch sign in as the one is being a pain and not letting me sign in via the web sight grrrr. So I may have to use a secondary sign in that I set up last night. Julie-1

Julie,
Welcome and thanks for all the info about the Residence Inn. I hope you don't mind me posting your picture of the pool at your hotel. I had to edit it a little to get it to fit on the board.
As long as the water is wet we'll love it. :cool1:
Seeya next month. :)
ri.jpg

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter