Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ESN, Jul 20, 2006.

1. ESN

ESN DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed here? (Marriott Residence Inn)

We are thinking of booking a night here pre-cruise, and I am looking for input.

We plan to rent a car and drive from MCO Friday - stay over and return car on Sat a.m.

Is Budget car rental the closest to port ? I believe I have read here that Budget has a shuttle to port.

Thanks - as always - for the wealth of info !

2. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

Hello ESN - I FINALLY got to see the Residence Inn inside and it was AWESOME OMG I just had no idea - the GM is named Pat and found him to be super nice and the most surprising person I found at the reservation desk is a young lady named Sue, who I have known for quite sometime and is not only very friendly but helpful with information also. I spoke to a young family who were staying there and they were enjoying it so much, they reserved another night - NOW do not get any ideas that in my eyes, they exceed the Radisson and that simply can not be because I will never forget their "over the edge' help during the 2004 hurricanes and the fact that GM Joe P. has more than one time made things right for his customers - I love the looks of the Residence Inn and most of all I am glad that Sue does work at the front desk and you can tell her that I highly recommend her as a great person to help you with any issues.
    Anyway hope this will help anyone with questions about Residence Inn.
    Always
    Shirley

3. ESN

ESN DIS Veteran

Thanks ! Sounds good - we will book -

BTW - I want to thank you for the amazing gift baskets you made for us for our cruise last December - I look forward to ordering some more this coming December!

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. Stephieann

Stephieann DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>Oh no....he is M

i am also glad to hear a good report about this hotel. we have booked it for our october cruise.

6. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

Thanks Shirley.........

Great to hear that it looks like a good place. Several months ago I booked us in there for the night before our Thanksgiving cruise this year. Residence Inns are usually pretty consistent, so I wasn't too concerned, but I'm glad to hear it has your "stamp of approval".

Ed

7. Cindi0511

Cindi0511 <font color=green>I have a hard time biting my ton

Once again, THANK YOU, Shirley, you are wonderful to keep going to all of these places and reporting back for us. I'm so looking forward to our stay in September.

8. DutchsMommy

DutchsMommy <font color=blue>I did the Pirate Name thing<br><f

Adding my thanks. I just extended our stay to 2 nights in Nov. Glad to hear positive things. Also looking forward to visiting the Perfect Gift. I'll be getting in touch closer to the cruise Shirley for a basket for our DS. :thumbsup2

9. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

Just in case it makes a difference to anyone, Marriott has announced that all of their hotel properties, including Residence Inn, will be 100% non-smoking starting in September.

10. DisneyMom&Fan

DisneyMom&Fan DIS Veteran

Yes! Even better... :thumbsup2

11. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

Glad I was able to help
    Always
    Shirley

12. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

You should also know..no bar at residence in, not even a pool bar. And the pool is lap pool style, not resort style like at radisson.

Yes, budget is the closest agency to the port. We have used them and they are excellent, so no problems there. Have one adult drop the entire party (adults/kids and luggage at port, let the one adult return the car and hop the shuttle back to port. The entire party can be checked in before the other comes back on shuttle. Real time saver.

13. love2travel

love2travel DIS Veteran

Shirley, thanks so much for the info. We have rooms reserved there the night before our cruise in Nov. I ordered baskets from you last Nov. and they were fabulous and will be calling you again for this upcoming cruise in Nov.

14. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

That's great news!

Woody

15. datsyukchick

datsyukchick Life away from vacation is just a temporary exile.

Does the residence inn allow you to park your car there while you're on the cruise, do they offer a shuttle to/from the port?

thanks!

16. snelsonbrown

they do not have a shuttle at this time, but what from what I understand, you can leave your car there - and while on the subject of transportation, I finally was able to connect with Ron who owns Space Coast Transportation, and I asked him why did his company disappoint the customers that he has had and he told me that unless anyone has calls in for a reservations, he has to go first with those that did make reservations and right now he just couldn't add more vans, but hopefully he will be able to soon - He and his wife Lisa were extrememly nice and very understandable as to the dileminas (MS) of leaving customers in a pickle and creating problems for many - now Art Shuttle never ever answered me in a call back, would even give me the time of day so guess what between the two, I will go with Ron until someone else gives them a run for their monies. There are NO other shuttles such as the ones that these two have so the transportation is again up in the air and I do not know what to suggest at this point.
    Sorry :-(
    Always
    Shirley

PS IF you do call Ron with SC, tell him I said he better get to you fast if he promised to do so

17. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

Does anyone have a link for this hotel to make reservations? We will need one night before our cruise and we want to be at port so we can get there early.
    Thanks!
    DJ

18. Bella2000

Bella2000 <font color=blue>60 minutes feels like 5 on the DI

19. JMK127

JMK127 Earning My Ears

Residence Inn now has a BAR! We also have shuttle service to the Port via Cocoa beach shuttle. Service starts running at 11am you sign up for it when you register at the hotel. You can park FREE as long as you stay at the hotel the night before your cruise. Shuttle service is $3.00 per person one way $6.00 round trip. We also have a full hot breakfast every morning Sat and Sun 7 to 10. Mon thro Fri 630 to 930.
    We look forward to seeing everyone! :love:

20. snelsonbrown

Welcome aboard JMK127 - sounds like you have super tight connection with The Residence Inn - you aren't Pat are you? This is Shirley at The Perfect Gift and if there are any questions etc, drop me a note or call me at the shop -
    Always
    Shirley

21. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Welcome to the boards.....great to hear you now have a bar and full hot breakfast...we actually have 4 rooms booked with you for the night before our November cruise. But be prepared....most people will be requesting an earlier shuttle than 11:00 am....the port opens for check-in around 10:00 and a lot of people want to be there when they first open...so be prepared that people will be looking to go earlier than 11:00.

Oh, someone mentioned a lap pool....is it truly a lap pool meaning not very wide (for only 1 or 2 people at a time) or is it a rectangular pool that hold many? Thanks!!

:cool1: