Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

Julie, thanks for the photos. I hope to meet you when we check-in to your Residence Inn on 9/16! The pool area is beautiful!

See you in September...see you when the summer's thru.... :rolleyes1

(I have a feeling you are too young to know this song) :confused3

Great info! I like the looks of this hotel. Are there any malls or movie theatres nearby? We were thinking of catching a flick or doing some shopping in the evening prior to our cruise.

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures and the easy link to those pictures. We are looking forward to our stay there in January!

Ginseng Chinese Food is located at 8501 Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral and their phone number is 321-868-3440 and the Itialian Way is located at 5675 N. Atlantic Avenue (which is located at the new Pulbix here in Cape Canaveral) and their phone number is 321-783-5315 you also have Kelsey Pizza at 8699 Astronaut Blvd and their phone number is 321-783-9191 - other than the Pizza places, very few offer delivery service. The closest mall and movie theatre is located at the Merritt Square Mall that is now under new ownership and being remodeled - we have a small strip mall located in Cocoa Beach right accross from Ron Jon's that is called the Winn Dixie Plaza that has some shopping like Beall's Outlet and then of course the shops at the new Publix which has assorted shops there but nothing else to really brag about - you have two drugstores right in front of them which is Walgreens and CVS - Merritt Square Mall is about 4 to 5 miles from the Residence Inn - for children entertainment you have Traxx which is a very long block from the RI which is accross the street from Zackery's Restaurant on the same side that by the way has excellent food, but not delivered. The only places that are within reasonable walking distance from the RI is Zackery's, Traxx and Kelsey's - hope that will answer some questions for everyone.
Take care and all have a great weekend.
Always
Shirley

PS there is a walmart on the way to Merritt Square Mall, but again not for walking

You never cease to amaze me. You are a true gem! You probably don't remember me, but I am the guy who ordered baskets from you 3 years in a row for our cruises. I always ordered two. One for my son and one for my wife and I believe I was the first customer who started sending you items to customize the baskets? Remember? Anyway, it's been two years since our last disney cruise (I'm in withdrawal) :rotfl:
because we now have two children. We are taking a disney cruise next year (God willing) and I will be calling you to order 3 baskets!

Thank you for being such a great wealth of information on this board! You always have answers for all of us!

God bless you Shirley!

What are most people paying and who do we book through? Looking for a good deal!

SpideyHulk24 said:
What are most people paying and who do we book through? Looking for a good deal!

Best bet is to book thro Marriott home page they have all the rates.

love2travel said:
Julie, thanks for all the great info. Me and my family will be staying at the Residence pre cruise and post cruise. Would we be able to have access to a computer to print boarding passes from the airline?

Yes there is a computer for guest use with a printer!!! If u bring ur lap top U can hook up for FREE in your room.

JMK127 said:
Yes there is a computer for guest use with a printer!!! If u bring ur lap top U can hook up for FREE in your room.

Julie, I'm so glad you came on these boards. You have been really helpful. Thanks for all the info.

My thanks, too, Julie, and a big WELCOME! There should be several of us from the Sept. 17 Wonder sailing who will be staying with you on the 16th. Get ready for us-- we can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

I can't remember who asked, but we booked a couple of months ago, and we're paying $99 for a one bedroom and $149 for a two bedroom. Julie, do any of these rooms connect together?

Cindi0511 said:
My thanks, too, Julie, and a big WELCOME! There should be several of us from the Sept. 17 Wonder sailing who will be staying with you on the 16th. Get ready for us-- we can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

I can't remember who asked, but we booked a couple of months ago, and we're paying $99 for a one bedroom and $149 for a two bedroom. Julie, do any of these rooms connect together?

We do not have connecting rooms. Your all very welcome I am gald I can eas your minds and answer questions for you. :teeth:
WOW! :thumbsup2 U got some GREAT RATES there!!! I look forward to meeting all of you it will be great meeting in person people I have met here on the boards. :goodvibes

yazee1 said:
It's great to have a first hand source of information! Thank you for joining. We're staying at the Residence Inn prior to our cruise (switched from the Radisson where we stayed last year). I'm also interested in whether the shuttle service will allow for earlier trips to the port. If not, do you know, approximately, what it would cost for a family of 5 to take a taxi van to the port? The breakfast, do I understand correctly, is included in the price of the room? That is :cool1:

I can't guarrenty a earlier shuttle. But, we do have taxi's that will take U when ever U want to go. I beleive the cost is $4.00 per person but, dont quote me on that as it may be more less. If U want to take the taxi we can set it up for you when U check in. We will check with Cocoa Bch shuttle to see if they will pick up earlier than 11 but I do know they are contracted with other hotels for scheduled pick ups. This can all be arranged when u check in. :thumbsup2
YES, the breakfast is included with ur room. It is a full hot breakfast with various things on the menue everyday. For sure make ur own belgon waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. They may have french toast or pancakes or biscuts and gravey, oat meal, cold cereals, make ur own parfet, various danishes, juice and coffee. :sunny:

we'll be staying there the nite before our halloween cruise! I'm glad to have seen some pics..it looks so nice!! Can't wait!

I forgot to mention that when I put on the board of the different places that deliver to Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral was a new place in cocoa Beach that has awesome sandwiches and breakfast that is called Gary's All Star Deli located at 1980 North Atlantic Avenue #101 and their phone number is 321-784-9400 - we order from there just about every day and have never ever been dissatisfied. the owner's name is Gary and a super guy - Delivery is at no charge tho it has to be a minimum order.
Now the only problem is that they close at 3PM for right now, but I am sure that he will work with you - breaksfast starts at 6AM - tell Gary that I suggest you give him a try and nope nothing in it for me - just trying to give you choices here in Brevard County and what I have found to be extra nice folks at extra nice places.
Each have a great day and will chat with ya soon
As always
Love
Shirley

I'm getting hungry Shirley! :)

We will definitely give him a try. How far is astronaut blvd from Atlantic ave?

Thanks for the Pics Julie! We are staying there the night before our cruise, our room is $94.00 it is a studio with king bed w/full kitchen.

Julie does the residence have shuffle board or games?

I want each to know that living here for the many years that I have, I have been blessed to have some knowledge on both Brevard County and Key West - the recommendations I make are strickly of my own knowledge and my own experience - I do not receive anything such as freebies, discounts extra business etc, I do this just so that you will have "choices" not just directed to one thing, one place, one person etc (you understand what I mean - each have their own likes and dislikes) also to allow you to explore Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island etc - the places I have put my trust in are those that have gone well beyond the call of duty to make it possible for me to help those that have been caught in some scary situtations where here as our guest and I mention it all the time and most of all now due to coming up into our "bad" seasons - I do not know what the new hotels, new transportations, etc will do to help me without strings since I don't have any. Norm and I do not do this to increase our business or make ourselves "heros" - we help simply because we are your friends while here in "our town" and friends are just that friends that are always there.
I love the Radisson because I know Joe and what he has done for so many and will always do so as long as he is part of the Radisson and the sister hotels, I love the Wakulla, Doubletree, Hampton etc in Cocoa Beach for a number of reasons also - maybe is because they are close to almost everything you need for shopping and also will go to all lenghts to help - until all the new places. etc show their colors, I need to focus on the "what ifs" for future reference - I am not putting any business down for I do not have the right to do so - I consider myself as your friend and watching out for your behalf.
With much love always
Shirley and Norm

Hi :cool1:
I want to just say that Shirley,Norm and all the staff are some of the nicest and most honost people in bussiness I have ever met or had the pleasure to meet. I think they would never do anything for personal or other gain as someone of this caliber is beyond reproach. When we sailed last year and came to thier store with a special request just the day before sailing her first response was NO Problem...IMHO Shirley rules and The Perfect Gift does too.
Love Ya Shirley--James aaaaarrrrrrrrrrr

We are using limo service to the Residence Inn from the airport the day before our cruise. Without a rental car, we are wondering how we can get to the ship as early as possible. Are there any taxi companies that can be reserved ahead of time with a reservation? I know the shuttle that services the Residence is not available until 11am. There are 4 adults, a 13 year old and 5 year old in our group. :confused3

joycepa said:
We are using limo service to the Residence Inn from the airport the day before our cruise. Without a rental car, we are wondering how we can get to the ship as early as possible. Are there any taxi companies that can be reserved ahead of time with a reservation? I know the shuttle that services the Residence is not available until 11am. There are 4 adults, a 13 year old and 5 year old in our group. :confused3

I believe the front desk can reserve a taxi for you the night before or the morning of embarkation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter