• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

REPORTING LIVE FROM...Home! :(

:sad: so sad for you!! leaving day always is the WORST! thank you for taking time out of your day to share with all of us! You've made me SOOOO excited for my first POLY CL stay this Sept.....checkin is Sept 28 :cool1: I am super excited! Thanks again...:flower3:
I am crying on the magical express bus right now! I wish we could stay another few days...or another week!

I am so happy to share my trip with you. Now i have my TR as a souvenir!

Have a magical stay at the poly and be sure to let us know how you like it!

thanks for sharing your trip with us!:flower3:
My pleasure really and truly! Thank you for following along.

I know how you feel. Our last day routine is going to MK usually having lunch at Tonys. We take the launch back to Poly and have mojitos at Tambu then one last look in Boutiki, throw coins in the pond to guarantee a return to Poly and get on the bus. I always tear up lol.

So this morning we left our room at 7:15 with our bags and did airline check-in. The cm printed our boarding passes for us. We left our carry-ons with bell services. This was all done by 7:30. We just missed monorail black but boarded the next monorail at 7:37. We were allowed into the mk at 7:45. There were only a few people ahead of us so we got some lovely pics.

We checked into crystal palace and took a few more pics. We were seated promptly at 8:05 at lovely window table. The place is gorgeous. Winnie the Pooh came out right away followed by eeyore who was phenomenal then Piglet. Those three had all come by our table by 8:30. We didn't mind waiting for tigger because the food and coffee were really good. At 8:57 when tigger was about to reach us, some girls around 13 came over and told the handler that they had to leave and asked if the could get autographs and photos. It wasnt as if these were the only people in the restaurant who wanted to leave at that moment. They were lucky my server had plied me well with my morning coffee otherwise a scene might have ensued that might not have been too pretty. But i was in a good mood still so happy having seen eeyore and we had already made the decision to wait for tigger so whatever...

I know how you feel. Our last day routine is going to MK usually having lunch at Tonys. We take the launch back to Poly and have mojitos at Tambu then one last look in Boutiki, throw coins in the pond to guarantee a return to Poly and get on the bus. I always tear up lol.

We have never thought to throw coins in the fountain! And today we are worried we may never see the gch in its present form again! We know we will somehow get back to the poly but we wonder what it will be like when we do. We love it just the way it is!

After some cute interaction with tigger and our kind server filling up our refillable mugs for us DS went to space mountain for fps while the rest of us headed to peter pan. Space fps were for 9:50. After peter we rode pooh btmrr and splash. All of those were walk-on.

After splash it was time to use our fps for space. We got in the fp line at 10:33 and the published wait for standby was 35 minutes. But when we got inside we saw that it was walk-on too! We headed to pirates, tiki room, stopped at sunshine tree terrace for a snack, saw country bears, rode haunted mansion, saw philharmagic and then beaded to main street for some last-minute souvenirs and snacks at the confectionery. By then it was 2pm and time to head back to the poly for our 2:35 adr at kona cafe!

During our day we ran into MCDomzal and fightinillini229 several times because we are all awesome and we know how to do that park!

We boarded the monorail at 2:07, had a very short delay between MK and CR for traffic clearance, and still made it to poly by 2:18. We sat for a few minutes just smelling the gch before checking into kona.

Food and service at kona were top-notch and after a great conversation with our server we only had about an hour left to catch our me bus. We took another spin around boutiki and sat some more and before we knew it it was time to retrieve our carry-on bags from the valet. Our me bus was right on time at 4:40 and we picked up passengers at the gf. We reached the jetblue terminal by 5:25.

If only all transportation were as efficient as disney's. We arrived at the airport to discover that our flight is delayed an hour.

So we are sitting here feeling a bit gloomy...

Sorry about your flight delay.

Too cute about "just smelling the GCH" :cheer2:

Glad to hear about great food and service at Kona :thumbsup2

I hope your flight home is safe. Know how it feels to leave the Poly. I am 50 and I still cry, but, I know that there will be return trips in the future. I enjoyed your trip report and I want to thank you for taking time out to share with all of us. Sending Eyeore hugs form South Fla!

Cindy

Hope you had a safe flight home! I cant believe how fast your trip seemed to go but it sounded like a great time!!!

Awwww... darn! I hate the last few hours of the trip when you have to face the inevitable and realize that you just can't live at WDW! :lmao: (At least I haven't found a way to make that work.)

I LOVE the photo of Eeyore holding hula Eeyore at CP - that was priceless!! ::yes::

We are looking forward to your dining review!

Thanks again for taking the time to bring us along on your live report. :goodvibes

Friends who are at Poly now -

We are going in 14 day! :cool1:

Today I'm booking Garden Grocer for when we arrive.

Can someone tell me if the fridge in a standard Poly room will hold a gallon milk? DS 11 can drink a gallon a day plus I like a lil' milk with my morning coffee. :thumbsup2:

Thanks in advance! Hope you all are having a blast and spreading the pixie dust for our arrival!

Sorry about your flight delay.

Too cute about "just smelling the GCH" :cheer2:

Glad to hear about great food and service at Kona :thumbsup2

You know how the journey home feels...it's the worst part of the trip! You just wish you could snap your fingers and be transported! I am so NOT a fan of sitting in the airport waiting to board the flight home. It wasn't bad, though! And we have learned over the years how to make the MOST of our last day, so it was worth it!

I wish I could bottle that smell of the GCH and bring it home. But then it wouldn't be as meaningful, I guess!

I hope your flight home is safe. Know how it feels to leave the Poly. I am 50 and I still cry, but, I know that there will be return trips in the future. I enjoyed your trip report and I want to thank you for taking time out to share with all of us. Sending Eyeore hugs form South Fla!

Cindy

Thank you, Cindy! We are feeling the blues today, you can bet. But we don't have too much time to wallow...DD leaves for her first year of college 2 weeks from today, so we have much to do!

Thanks for the hugs for Eeyore. He sends them right back at ya!

Hope you had a safe flight home! I cant believe how fast your trip seemed to go but it sounded like a great time!!!

Imagine how fast it felt to us! It was a fabulous time! Thanks so much for following!

Awwww... darn! I hate the last few hours of the trip when you have to face the inevitable and realize that you just can't live at WDW! :lmao: (At least I haven't found a way to make that work.)

I LOVE the photo of Eeyore holding hula Eeyore at CP - that was priceless!! ::yes::

We are looking forward to your dining review!

Thanks again for taking the time to bring us along on your live report. :goodvibes

It was really a pleasure to do the report! And our last day was sooo wonderful. Thanks for taking your time to follow my report!

Some day we might live near WDW. DH and I discuss it all the time. We would love to help make magic for others. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to getting the dining review started. Though it's going to be tough for me. The no carb attack phase has started, if you know what I mean! It's the price one has to pay.

Friends who are at Poly now -

We are going in 14 day! :cool1:

Today I'm booking Garden Grocer for when we arrive.

Can someone tell me if the fridge in a standard Poly room will hold a gallon milk? DS 11 can drink a gallon a day plus I like a lil' milk with my morning coffee. :thumbsup2:

Thanks in advance! Hope you all are having a blast and spreading the pixie dust for our arrival!

You are so lucky to have your trip ahead of you! I hope you enjoy every minute!

As for the fridge, I'm sorry, but I have never tried to put a gallon of milk in there. I believe that one would fit, though my DS said he doesn't think so, and he is the last one who looked. To be honest, I didn't even look in there once this trip.

Just an FYI, there is milk available for coffee at CC's. You just have to ask the CMs behind the serving counter. The stuff that's out in the dispenser is "Coffee Creamer" and it ruined my coffee on the first morning because I forgot I could just ask for regular milk (to me that creamer is yucky). They wouldn't give you free milk for your DS to drink, but a pour for the coffee is allowed.

Remember to leave the cabinet that the fridge is in cracked open so that the air can circulate. Otherwise it overheats.

Soak up that pixie dust and have a magical time! Let us know how everything goes!

Our flight landed at 11:30 after a 1 hour delay. The delay was due to weather along the east coast which caused our plane to be grounded at its origin (I think I heard Virginia). Our taxi was late picking us up because we have a language barrier with the driver Juan, and he waited in Ossining to get the call that we had landed.

As we waited on the curb at the airport awaiting our taxi, we laughed because we were all thinking the same thing. Where were MCDomzal, fightinillini229 and family? It felt like they should have been there, waiting on the curb with us! ;)

Juan showed up at around 11:50, and we were in our house by 12:10. So happy to see our kitties! So anxious about all the stuff we now have to get done for work and to send DD off in 2 weeks. Missing WDW and the Poly terribly already, but we know we will be back!

Thanks for following along everyone!

Our flight landed at 11:30 after a 1 hour delay. The delay was due to weather along the east coast which caused our plane to be grounded at its origin (I think I heard Virginia). Our taxi was late picking us up because we have a language barrier with the driver Juan, and he waited in Ossining to get the call that we had landed.

As we waited on the curb at the airport awaiting our taxi, we laughed because we were all thinking the same thing. Where were MCDomzal, fightinillini229 and family? It felt like they should have been there, waiting on the curb with us! ;)

Juan showed up at around 11:50, and we were in our house by 12:10. So happy to see our kitties! So anxious about all the stuff we now have to get done for work and to send DD off in 2 weeks. Missing WDW and the Poly terribly already, but we know we will be back!

Thanks for following along everyone!

Welcome home!! The first day back is the hardest isn't it? But yes you will be busy getting DD ready for college. Just an FYI, pack plenty of tissue in your purse for drop off day - I cried the entire car ride home::yes::

Welcome home!! The first day back is the hardest isn't it? But yes you will be busy getting DD ready for college. Just an FYI, pack plenty of tissue in your purse for drop off day - I cried the entire car ride home::yes::

There are oh, SO MANY reasons we are happy that the car ride home is only 50 minutes! ;)

Thanks for the awesome play by play!!

We're due to check in at Poly on SUNDAY - :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Only four days, but we can't wait!!

There are oh, SO MANY reasons we are happy that the car ride home is only 50 minutes! ;)
So jealous! I only applied to universities that I felt were "close to home", and I still have to deal with a 2.5 - 3 hour drive to Philadelphia. :rotfl:

Sad that your live trip report is over, since that means you're back in the real world. :( But on the bright side, now you have your dining review to relive the food memories. :goodvibes Good luck preparing your DD to go off to college. I've done it two times before, and I still dread that time of year when I have to pack. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are all back home safely. Trust me, I know that gut-sinking feeling the day after. You have to be a masochist to even do it again....but we LOVE WDW too much for that. I believe that this is the reason we [my family and I] love it so much. We bond and have so much fun in such a magical place that you just don't want for it to end.

All the luck sending your DD to college. I have one son and he's going into junior year in high school so we're a few years out.

,,,,and again, thank you for the live reporting. I felt as if I was there and I cannot believe how fast the time flew by.

Regards,

"I wish I could bottle that smell of the GCH and bring it home. But then it wouldn't be as meaningful, I guess!"

so true ::yes:: Disney will be waiting for you!

Glad you got home safely.
Thanks again for your report:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter