Remy Dessert Party - thumbs up or down?

nolalady

Earning My Ears
Has anyone tried the Remy Dessert Party? Is it worth the extra money...and extra calories? Lol!

Thumbs up from me. We did this on our 6/20 cruise and really enjoyed it. The only thing that I passes on is the wine pairing that went went with it, it wasn't worth the extra cost IMO. I kept the menu from it, I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home.

100% Thumbs up for us.
You won't be disappointed if you like dessert!!!
So worth the calories too. :)

2 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2's Way up for us as well.

Glad we had late seating for dinner, as desserts were full size as we left quite full.

Big thumbs up! The desserts were full sized and delicious, and I really enjoyed the wine pairings as there were a couple of new dessert wines I hadn't tried before. It's a fairly small group that get to do it and the chef and the head sommelier come out and spend almost the whole time with the group discussing the dishes, the wine and some the history behind them. As someone who enjoys cooking (and food!) it was a really cool experience - I had a great conversation with the chef about various ways to make caramel.

menu.jpg

This was the menu from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy last March

Oh Wow! I am so excited now! Thanks for the feedback...and a peek at the menu. You guys are awesome!

We did one of the first ones when they were still more or less developing it, so our menu was different (though the wines appear to be the same). That said, I'd absolutely do it again. Really, it was fantastic.

was it a lot of chocolate items? or a variety? I don't like chocolate so would it be worth it?

was it a lot of chocolate items? or a variety? I don't like chocolate so would it be worth it?
Our experience was that it was a variety. When they went chocolate, they went all-out chocolate, but on ours, there was a good amount of non-chocolate dessert as well.

For ours only 2 of the six desserts were chocolate so you should still enjoy it.

They are also great about making modifications if you let them know (they do call to ask about any dietary restrictions the day before). We also did the Remy brunch that trip and DH loathes tomatoes (which was the entire first course) so they brought him out something else on the spot. If you tell them you would prefer to avoid chocolate I'm sure they would be able to come up with a fabulous substitution.

Do they only do it on sea days like Palo brunch?

AFAIK, only on 7 day trips, only on Thursdays 3:30 - 5pm, just once per cruise

They are offering it on our 4 day on the Dream. I am signed up for it. And it is only on the sea day. So to say I will only be eating 2 meals that day is a bit of a misnomer. What with Palo Brunch, this and late seating dinner for our last day on board. Better wear the stretchy clothes that day.

We did it on the Fantasy Sailing 9/19 as well. It was awesome, small, intimate where the chef comes out talks to the group explains the whole process and thought behind each dessert. It is certainly an experience and well worth the cost for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter