Religion

I doubt the thing about mary being his wife, but it would not surprise me at all if the Catholic Church were to take out gospels to hide something. No offense Catholic.

Saxsoon said:
I doubt the thing about mary being his wife, but it would not surprise me at all if the Catholic Church were to take out gospels to hide something. No offense Catholic.

Easy easy now. I get worried about teens discussing religion too deeply because some people get deeply offended. Please just be nice to everyone...

Saxsoon said:

Well if you actually read them maybe you would understand why I think that Jesus was...not alone. :)

sorry I was not trying to be rude in any way, but it seems to me throughout history, if someone is in power, they will try to hide evidence that will take that power away from them. I think it was more of a general term. I am very sorry.

wat i learned is that, the torah (or bible) has many secrets. the world has been here 5766 yrs. and the big bang might have happened but g-d controls it all. no matter what. u cant change that. there is proof there is a g-d. even scientists have said so (well, some of them like my father.) there is even a special "jean" that some "higher" or holier ppl have. (only cohanim -priests- have it) and if u go to israel, all of the famous sites that are there are also told in the torah (bible) there were prophets who said that us jews will be exilied from the land but eventually, the "mashiach" (messiah) will come and there will be peace in the whole world. i can go on and on and on and on ..... but it will take too long. there is a reason for eveything to be on this earth. we might not know why. but g-d put it there. evolution never happened. we dont come from monkeys!!!! (baruch hashem!! :) );u dont have to beleive in a g-d if u dont want to. its your choice. choose it wisely
-cat

catgurlars said:
wat i learned is that, the torah (or bible) has many secrets. the world has been here 5766 yrs. and the big bang might have happened but g-d controls it all. no matter what. u cant change that. there is proof there is a g-d. even scientists have said so (well, some of them like my father.) there is even a special "jean" that some "higher" or holier ppl have. (only cohanim -priests- have it) and if u go to israel, all of the famous sites that are there are also told in the torah (bible) there were prophets who said that us jews will be exilied from the land but eventually, the "mashiach" (messiah) will come and there will be peace in the whole world. i can go on and on and on and on ..... but it will take too long. there is a reason for eveything to be on this earth. we might not know why. but g-d put it there. evolution never happened. we dont come from monkeys!!!! (baruch hashem!! :) );u dont have to beleive in a g-d if u dont want to. its your choice. choose it wisely
-cat
Do you believe there is Bible code? I do the Bible already has predidctied many things that have happened. :wave2:

i dont. it said that al gore was supposed to be prez. did it ever happen? no. and all of the predictions that they found was after it all happened.

They found some thing that said in 2012 a comet will crash into earth and that we will blow it up and it will cumble into pieces.

Hi, I am not a teen, but I happened on this thread because of its title.
I will not get into a religious back/forth discussion, in fact this will probably be my only post about it. But I just wanted to say a few things about Jehovah's Witnesses to anyone who'd care to know why they go from door to door.

The Witnesses aren't neccesarily looking for "converts" when they come to your door.

They are fullfilling what they believe to be a Christain obligation, an obligation that comes from the bible itself.

When Jesus was on earth, he commanded his followers, or disciples, to "go therefore and preach to all people all over the earth, telling them about the Kingdom, until the conclusion of this system of things". It gives this direct command in your bible in Matthew 28:19,20..a similar thought is in Matthew 24:14. THe wording may be a little different, but the thought is the same.

Jesus even sent those disciples out "two by two"..the Witnesses simply try to mirror this method of "preaching" in obedience to this Scriptural text.

This is why they go door to door telling of the things that will happen in the future as foretold in the bible. The bible has been extremely accurate in foretelling events so far..so Witnesses truly believe everything it foretells and would like to "warn" others & tell of the GOOD news the bible offers, not just the bad.

Some have called Witnesses a "cult" etc and said they are not christian..this is not true. They believe in God, his Son Jesus, Heaven, and the Holy Spirit.

To the poster who said he likes "messing" with them..that is admittedly funny..and unless you were speaking with a child with little knowledge I bet you got a run for your money. Witnesses carry a book with them that shows exactly how to understand each of these Religions you spoke of if encountered at a door.

But please know that the Witnesses as a whole are very respectful, if they come to your door & you are not interested in what they have to say..just say so firmly & that will be it.
No, they won't stop coming to your door unless you demand that they not ever return, again because this is what they believe to be their scriptural obligation. But if a kind minute of your time is too much to ask, then you could just not answer the door.
Also, it doesn't hurt to ask questions (of any religion) to understand their beliefs better. I promise you'll get an answer. And not one out of thin air if your speaking with a Witness but one that comes from the bible itself.

So I hope this didn't sound preachy..and if you don't even believe in God or that the bible was written under God's direction, then obviously just disregard this post.

Lastly, I want to commend some of you posters, especially the young people. It is good that you are Religious or at least concerned with Religion.

The bible says "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need" ..... :wave2:

the world has been here 5766 yrs
It's been around a lot longer than that.

there is proof there is a g-d.
What, and where is it then?

evolution never happened
There is more proof of evolution than god.

i dont. it said that al gore was supposed to be prez
He can always run again. Besides I kinda think the elections were rigged.

Sorry about flaming you. I'm just very sceptical.
They found some thing that said in 2012 a comet will crash into earth and that we will blow it up and it will cumble into pieces.
That, is going to be one massive comet. I mean, bigger than mars for it to blow up the earth. Also the Myan calendar says the earth is supposed to end in 2012, supposedly. That's why I can't wait until January 1st 2013, so I can laugh at everyone who believes that.

I don't know. An asteroid was supposed to whipe out human life in 1999, 9-9-99 was supposed to be the end of the world. Y2K was supposed to be the end of the world. I'll believe that the world is going to end when it comes around and actually happens.

Saxsoon said:
I guess you can figure out my religion can't you.

I am a strong Methodist, wear a cross every day of the year. I know I am not perfect, far from it. I try very hard though. I had an interesting sunday school today that shed so much light on religion. The true definition for religion is man's attempt to reach god. In christianity though, it is god's attempt to reach us, through the death of his son. Jesus was far from religious. He was against the religious leaders for what they do trying to steal money from the people. I know some parts of Christianity are no better today. I know the church did some monstrosties of its own, ala Crusades, supressing scientific knowledge to keep its believers. I don't care. They are human, controlled by human emotions. There are things that without religion, we would not be here. The U.S. was founded on religious freedom, mostly Protestants trying to escape the Catholic Church. And to those of you who need proof, there is a thing called faith, use it. There was a book called the Case for Christ by lee Strobel. There was historic evidence about what Jesus did the miracles, it left no doubt.

I am sorry if I was shoving this down your throat, but this is the end of my rant.
I just don't think it should be something that people try to use as justification to harm other people. Which is what a lot of people have turned it into.

I also don't think that in this country that you should use religion in government and the judicial system. I am a strong believer in the separation of church and state. I don't agree with voting for someone because they are a certain religion. This country is a melting pot of cultures.

Also, have you ever read the DeVinchi (sp) Code? I havn't, but I've seen a lot of shows on it. It sounds interesting.

Yes I have and it is a good book. And i don't believe religion should be used that way either.

Besides, there has never been PROOF of there NOT being a God. I believe that evolution and God can coexist, and that the 7 days were more on the scale of billions of years.

You seriously cannot believe that we don't have a purpose for being, that we existed through just a bunch of coincedences. A scientist did the work, if we were just a little bit farther or closer from the sun, we would not exist. Same with the oxygen levels, and so many other variables. There HAS to be some intelligent design going on here.

Saxsoon said:
Yes I have and it is a good book. And i don't believe religion should be used that way either.

Besides, there has never been PROOF of there NOT being a God. I believe that evolution and God can coexist, and that the 7 days were more on the scale of billions of years.

You seriously cannot believe that we don't have a purpose for being, that we existed through just a bunch of coincedences. A scientist did the work, if we were just a little bit farther or closer from the sun, we would not exist. Same with the oxygen levels, and so many other variables. There HAS to be some intelligent design going on here.
I think that god created that little speck of matter that later blew up. (the big bang). Sure I think that the creation of earth was helped along a little bit, but for the most part, I think it was coincedences.

Also we could be as far back as Mars and be suitable enough for life. But the conditions wouldn't be as perfect as they are here.

I also think that we evolved from apes. I don't buy the whole adam and eve story, because if we stemmed from only two, everyone on earth would look so much alike it would be retarted.

It would also be wierd. That would mean that my mom and dad were related before they got married. Eeeeeeh.

basically I believe there is a God. but i also strongly believe in evolution. But i think that we are put on this earth to do something and once wee have done it, we no longer have a purpuse and then we die.

2HOT2touch said:
basically I believe there is a God. but i also strongly believe in evolution. But i think that we are put on this earth to do something and once wee have done it, we no longer have a purpuse and then we die.
So that means that I could theroretically live forever if I never accomplesh my purpouse.

SWEET.

MuNkY said:
So that means that I could theroretically live forever if I never accomplesh my purpouse.

SWEET.
no. because if you die before you finish what you were put here to do then you come back as someone else untill you finish.

2HOT2touch said:
no. because if you die before you finish what you were put here to do then you come back as someone else untill you finish.
Ok now I'm confused. But nevermind. I was kidding to begin with.

MuNkY said:
Ok now I'm confused. But nevermind. I was kidding to begin with.
yea. but i mean i believe that you are put here for a reason. and if you end up dieing for some reason before you accomplish whatever you were put on earth to do, then you "come back" as another person(or thing) untill you finally accomplish it. I think thats what the Buddists believe in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter