Religion

MuNkY

Momma don't cry. I just wanna stay high.
I'm just looking for diffrent teen's views on the subject of religion. I also want to take the time to say that I don't want this to turn into a fight.

I guess you could say I'm borderline Methodist/Satanist (a satanist really isn't all that bad actually...i'll explain later). If anybody has read "To Kill A Mockingbird", then I share Mrs. Maudie's view about it. I think that it should be something that brings people together in a time of despare. When the only thing you really have is each other. I think that it should bring people hope. I don't think that it should be something that people try to shove down each other's throats. Personally I am against trying to convert people to your religion. I think that you should respect other people's beliefs, instead of trying to tell them why they are wrong, and you are right. (people do that too much)

And I'd like to take the time to explain just what a satanist is. A satanist is someone who doesn't follow a certain set of beliefs. For example, I know a lot of people who believe everything that is in the bible, simply because it's the bible. Personally I think certain things in there are the dumbest things I've ever heard. I don't really believe in the whole Adam and Eve thing, and I think Nhoa's Ark is one of the dumbest stories on the planet. Don't get me wrong I think something like that happened, but on a much smaller scale. Like it was only local flooding, and not the whole planet. So basically a satanist believes in what they want to.

Hmmm. I thought satanism was called that...because you worship...satan? Usually if you don't believe in any kind of religion you would be called an (i want to say agnostic?)

But anyways, I guess you could say I'm somewhat Roman Catholic. There are sooo many things that have to do with the bible and the church in which they contradict each other..and then there are the dead sea scrolls. Just alot of stuff that doesn't make a bunch of sense.

I go to church every now and then (my family and I would go more often, but its hard to work it around my moms work schedule.), and I have my beliefs, but I also think it's wrong to, like you said, to try and convert people to your religion. I have nothing against the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I think it's wrong for them to go around and try to convert you. But I think it's part of thier beliefs for something... I dunno. But yeah, everyone is different, so everyone has different beliefs.

I do believe in the bible for the most part. I haven't read the thing front to back, so I don't know about any of the smaller stories, but Adam and Eve and Noah's Ark, I believe those things happened.

Satanism (?) sounds cool. I've never heard of that before. I couldn't definitely see how you believe those bible stories happened but on a smaller scale. They do seem pretty large...but it's what I believe.

JulielovesDisney said:
I have nothing against the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I think it's wrong for them to go around and try to convert you. .
I mess with them. I used to live in an area where we would get 3-4 per day, and the first one I would act like a die-hard christian, then I would act jewis, then hindu, then islam. Ohhhh the fun I had.

MyHappyEnding_ said:
Atheist....I need proof for everything. And there is none. So I don't believe.

:guilty: Sorry you feel that way. But it's ok...to each his own.

God and I are like this :hug:
I am Roman Catholic...I don't believe everything that the church teaches...and I form my own opinions about different things. I believe in what I think is good, right, and what God would want. Because the Bible was divinely inspired...but written by fallible humans. I could go on and on and on, but this is my short overview.

I <3 God, hehehehehehehehehe

Princess Ash said:
:guilty: Sorry you feel that way. But it's ok...to each his own.

God and I are like this :hug:
I am Roman Catholic...I don't believe everything that the church teaches...and I form my own opinions about different things. I believe in what I think is good, right, and what God would want. Because the Bible was divinely inspired...but written by fallible humans. I could go on and on and on, but this is my short overview.

I <3 God, hehehehehehehehehe

I grew up as a Roman Catholic. I even just had my Confirmation in November. I only did it so that my grandparents didn't hate me. =\

I am Roman Catholic, and like Ash said, some things I don't agree with about the Church, but I still suppport the Church anyway. :)

MyHappyEnding_ said:
I grew up as a Roman Catholic. I even just had my Confirmation in November. I only did it so that my grandparents didn't hate me. =\

Aw...I'm sorry to hear that. Just a question (I swear not trying to convert u!!! :rotfl: ) why do you need proof?

I do believe in God and Jesus, and that they watch over us. :sunny:

I do believe in Adam and Eve,....But I also believe in Evolution. We are Methodist and we attend church every once and awhile.

I do believe that there is a heaven, but I believe in reincarnation.

I believe everyone has the right to freedom of religon...everyone's entitled to be their own person. (after all it is in the Constitution's Bill of Rights)

Hmm.. I agree with you on how you shouldn't "shove religion down each other's throats", and you shouldn't judge people based on their religion.

I'm Lutheran (a branch of Protestant). Now if you know they history of the religion, it caused a huge controversy back in the day because it strayed far from the strict Catholic/Christian beliefs. The Lutheran religion is very laid back. You can go to Sunday mass in jeans and a t-shirt (and I have). People don't believe me when I tell them about my confirmation class. I went to my confirmation class once a week and it consisted of doing worksheets, going on trips - I mean "retreats", and playing hide-and-seek in the church. That was it, plus every 2 weeks or so we'd have a class ("youth night") where we would play games and hang out the entire time. I liked it. I haven't really been back to my church since I was confirmed (with the exception of a funeral and my brother's confirmation in October) and still every time I see Pastor Bill or Pastor Julie they treat me like they saw me 3 days ago.

There is a great book out there, "People Who Don't Know They're Dead". It's very good and gives quite alot of insight into heaven, God, and everything else.

Princess Ash said:
Aw...I'm sorry to hear that. Just a question (I swear not trying to convert u!!! :rotfl: ) why do you need proof?

Just the way I am I guess. I really don't have a reason for needing the proof. I just do xD

TheBellhop said:
There is a great book out there, "People Who Don't Know They're Dead". It's very good and gives quite alot of insight into heaven, God, and everything else.

Hahaha, that sounds reaaalllly creepy...sorry! I might be taking the title too literally tho!

Princess Ash said:
Hahaha, that sounds reaaalllly creepy...sorry! I might be taking the title too literally tho!

No actually it's not that bad. It gives an interesting thesis on ghost possessions and such. I promise you it's not as bad as it sounds :D

MyHappyEnding_ said:
Just the way I am I guess. I really don't have a reason for needing the proof. I just do xD

Now now now, isn't that contradictory? I need proof for you to have no proof! Jk jk jk jk, (please don't find me offensive, I'm just teasing!)

Princess Ash said:
Now now now, isn't that contradictory? I need proof for you to have no proof! Jk jk jk jk, (please don't find me offensive, I'm just teasing!)

I know you're kidding. Lol.

We all have our opinions.

TheBellhop said:
Hmmm. I thought satanism was called that...because you worship...satan? Usually if you don't believe in any kind of religion you would be called an (i want to say agnostic?)

Agnostic is where you think that there might be a higher power (god for instance) but you could stand a little more proof than the bible and a church.

Atheism is where you believe in no higher, more intelligent power.

I am an atheist. I don't really need proof for everything. Thats not why I am an atheist. I am an atheist because I don't (I don't want to say like, but I can't think of a better word) like any religion that I have come across. I know the basic points in alot of major religions.

I live in the bible belt, so I have had people attempt to beat religion into me. I honestly don't care if you believe in something or not. But don't try and make me. I don't believe in converting people to your religion.

Someday I might find a religion that suits me. I haven't yet, but I'm not going to stop looking for one. Maybe I'll never find one, I am perfectly happy just the same.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter