Religion

I have my own set of beliefs. I don't believe in heaven, but I don't believe that when you die it's complete nothingness. I believe that you start a life as another animal. I also don't believe in Jesus, or any particular "God", but I do believe in a higher lifeform. Also, I believe that no matter what, you should respect other people's beliefs, even if they don't match up with your own.

The Dark Dancer said:
I do believe in God and Jesus, and that they watch over us. :sunny:

I do believe in Adam and Eve,....But I also believe in Evolution. We are Methodist and we attend church every once and awhile.

I do believe that there is a heaven, but I believe in reincarnation.

I believe everyone has the right to freedom of religon...everyone's entitled to be their own person. (after all it is in the Constitution's Bill of Rights)
I'm sorry but you contradicted yourself twice in that post. Just to let you know.

Sparx said:
Agnostic is where you think that there might be a higher power (god for instance) but you could stand a little more proof than the bible and a church.

Atheism is where you believe in no higher, more intelligent power.

I am an atheist. I don't really need proof for everything. Thats not why I am an atheist. I am an atheist because I don't (I don't want to say like, but I can't think of a better word) like any religion that I have come across. I know the basic points in alot of major religions.

I live in the bible belt, so I have had people attempt to beat religion into me. I honestly don't care if you believe in something or not. But don't try and make me. I don't believe in converting people to your religion.

Someday I might find a religion that suits me. I haven't yet, but I'm not going to stop looking for one. Maybe I'll never find one, I am perfectly happy just the same.
:)
We should make our own. Call it "Munky Sparx".

MuNkY said:
I'm sorry but you contradicted yourself twice in that post. Just to let you know.

Okay, sorry...I wasn't sure how to make myself clear. I do believe in higher powers (God & Jesus). I'm kind of skeptical about the Adam and Eve thing, though. Evolution seems to make more sense and be more believable.

I believe that there is a heaven where our souls go after death, but when our time comes, we're brought back by reincarnation.

I have no idea if that makes any sense. :confused3

What I'm basically trying to say is that, evolution is more believable than the Adam and Eve story, but I don't choose to take sides. I do believe in heaven and that there is where we go after death but, I think that reincarnation sounds like a logical next step past heaven.

Does that make any sense either? Oh well, I give up. :confused3 :badpc:

The Dark Dancer said:
Okay, sorry...I wasn't sure how to make myself clear. I do believe in higher powers (God & Jesus). I'm kind of skeptical about the Adam and Eve thing, though. Evolution seems to make more sense and be more believable.

I believe that there is a heaven where our souls go after death, but when our time comes, we're brought back by reincarnation.

I have no idea if that makes any sense. :confused3

What I'm basically trying to say is that, evolution is more believable than the Adam and Eve story, but I don't choose to take sides. I do believe in heaven and that there is where we go after death but, I think that reincarnation sounds like a logical next step past heaven.

Does that make any sense either? Oh well, I give up. :confused3 :badpc:
Lol. That makes more sense than what you first posted. Thanks for clearing it up.

i am an orthodox jewish person. we only worship hashem (g-d). we believe that he is the 1 and only g-d of the universe.we learn from the torah and the rest of it which is called the "tanach"(=torah, navi'im, and kituvim) i go to shul (a house to pray)every saturday (for shobbas). we believe that everything happens for a reason whether u like it or not and it is for your own good. we believe in a lot of "werid" things (well, u might think it is weird) and it takes many years to actually understand. i have been going to a jewish school all of my life so i basically understand a lot. we dont beleive in a jesus cuz we dont worship humans (which is considered avodah zarazh)
-cat
ps. if u dont understand some words, please look it up ;)

well i guess i am roman catholic....well i would rather not be...
I really don't belive the bible, I think it was created to make people believe that christianity(sp?) was real. To me the bible is a fancy story. i think it was a story about a man who help people but was rewritten so many times that the old story died away. another thing i don't belive is that how the world was created and how long the world has been here. There is scientific proof that the world was here alot longer than the bible said it was, and that man was was the first one of the things on the earth. i always wonder what those huge skeleton thing that was dug up was? it really does not make sense to me.
Another thing, I don't like how we as a society portray jesus as a white person. he was supposable born in the mid-east. So wouldn't he be of a dark color?(just a thought)
i think that today christianity has corroded that no one know the real story. I think most people today goes back to faith because tehy just want to believe in something higher glorly to bring them hope and happiness. Which is fine by me but right now i believe in disney magic more than my own faith.

Princess Ash said:
:guilty: Sorry you feel that way. But it's ok...to each his own.

God and I are like this :hug:
I am Roman Catholic...I don't believe everything that the church teaches...and I form my own opinions about different things. I believe in what I think is good, right, and what God would want. Because the Bible was divinely inspired...but written by fallible humans. I could go on and on and on, but this is my short overview.

I <3 God, hehehehehehehehehe

I feel the same way. I got to Catholic school and they teach us stuff that I believe but then again I argue some points. I love being in a school that I can say what I believe and not be expelled for it. GO Bishop McDevitt CRUSADERS!

*EWooWDW* said:
I feel the same way. I got to Catholic school and they teach us stuff that I believe but then again I argue some points. I love being in a school that I can say what I believe and not be expelled for it. GO Bishop McDevitt CRUSADERS!

HOLY CRAP!!! You go to Bishop McDevitt? Around Harrisburg?

I guess you can figure out my religion can't you.

I am a strong Methodist, wear a cross every day of the year. I know I am not perfect, far from it. I try very hard though. I had an interesting sunday school today that shed so much light on religion. The true definition for religion is man's attempt to reach god. In christianity though, it is god's attempt to reach us, through the death of his son. Jesus was far from religious. He was against the religious leaders for what they do trying to steal money from the people. I know some parts of Christianity are no better today. I know the church did some monstrosties of its own, ala Crusades, supressing scientific knowledge to keep its believers. I don't care. They are human, controlled by human emotions. There are things that without religion, we would not be here. The U.S. was founded on religious freedom, mostly Protestants trying to escape the Catholic Church. And to those of you who need proof, there is a thing called faith, use it. There was a book called the Case for Christ by lee Strobel. There was historic evidence about what Jesus did the miracles, it left no doubt.

I am sorry if I was shoving this down your throat, but this is the end of my rant.

*EWooWDW* said:
OMG yeah!

Haha, I go to Trinity, if you know where that is.

But to stay on topic:

Has anybody read the DaVinci Code?

yeah good book, well written, I actually believed some of the stuff he said by that (stuff is from historical references) yeah right. I have seen like 5 specials on history and discovery disproving every fact that he made.

Saxsoon said:
yeah good book, well written, I actually believed some of the stuff he said by that (stuff is from historical references) yeah right. I have seen like 5 specials on history and discovery disproving every fact that he made.

Quite alot of it isn't factual. It's a fiction book.

However, the suggestion of Mary Magdalene as being Jesus' wife could be true. Have you heard of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene? The Dead Sea Scrolls? I suggest you read them, as it gives alot of insight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter