Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87

Keith and I have been friends the longest and some said it wouldn't last. :rotfl2: There are some not worthy details to share (regarding others) but let's say he's like the brother I never had. :hug: As much as we natter at each other, it doesn't compare to the genuine care I feel for him. His a child magnet and my family adores him. We are hoping he will visit us in Utah this summer.
[/COLOR]

They did say it wouldn't last, didn't they? LOL! But consider the source(s)! :p

It's not often that you say something nice about me instead of teasing me, so I should take the time to say the feeling is mutual! You and your family are quite awesome. :love:

And the chances of a visit are good. I'm starting the training regimen on Monday.

:welcome: Glad you found us. Jenna was hoping the lack of murse wouldn't cause a commotion. :laughing:

Any new trip plans? popcorn::

Well, the wife is actually wanting us to consider the DDP or DxDP. :confused3Other than that nothing really new yet. Although there may be something soon so stay tuned. :rolleyes1

They did say it wouldn't last, didn't they? LOL! But consider the source(s)! :p

It's not often that you say something nice about me instead of teasing me, so I should take the time to say the feeling is mutual! You and your family are quite awesome. :love:

And the chances of a visit are good. I'm starting the training regimen on Monday.

;) :lmao: :hug:

You can't do the Echo if you are not in Utah. M is going to email you before Monday. I told him you'd need it this weekend for sure.

Well, the wife is actually wanting us to consider the DDP or DxDP. :confused3Other than that nothing really new yet. Although there may be something soon so stay tuned. :rolleyes1

You know, regarding the DDP, I am not sure we'd do it again. I know that's blasphemous around these parts but really it was just too much food. Maybe if we went during the cooler months but not when WDW is in the 90's.

;):rotfl:

:love:Thank you so much Tracy my sweetness you're an absolute gem :hug:

I think we are all of the opinion that we're all partial to a bit o' the banter...any chance of some TR banter?....anyone?....anyone?........

Bit o' the banter- I :lovestruc your vernacular!!!!

Sorry Jenna and I have been slacking. She's in the weeds so to speak (that's old bartender lingo) and I have been literally in the weeds, well garden. I must have planted 50+ perennials and annuals. :faint:

I am going to upload some photos on FB so if you are an FB friend, please don't give anything away here. :flower3: Pretend you are surprised! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I know this will be a good one.......I am In!!!

:yay:

Well, I for one am glad you're not started on your TR yet, because my goal is to finish mine ( from DECEMBER!!!!) before you finish yours! :thumbsup2

Your garden must be lovely Jenny! Any chance of posting some photos?

I know this will be a good one.......I am In!!!

:yay:

:welcome: Good to have you! I am going to start my part even if Jenna hasn't. The travel day can't give away too much.

Well, I for one am glad you're not started on your TR yet, because my goal is to finish mine ( from DECEMBER!!!!) before you finish yours! :thumbsup2

I hope you finish before your upcoming vacation. :rotfl2:

Your garden must be lovely Jenny! Any chance of posting some photos?

I posted a few on FB of when we first planted but I will take current ones and post them here. :flower3:

Well, this is it for me until next Saturday.
I hope to return to lots and lots of cool trip report stuff! :banana:

Have a great weekend everyone!

So it is DVC :yay: It is right? :rotfl:

Hey! I found ya!:thumbsup2

No way... did you buy into DVC!?:scared1: :dance3:

::yes:: :woohoo: I seriously could not wait for Day 7 in the trippie to spill the news.

After much thought and research by my beloved (and killer hints from Jenna, Nate, Keith, and Tracy- thanks guys :flower3:), I know, we decided to buy 160 points at the SSR. :banana: I still cannot believe it. Without giving too much of the trippie away here's how it went down town Julie Brown......

Before one of our ADRs we had a little bit of a wait so Jenna and I took a seat with the kids while Michael and Nate went to the bar. Jenna and I were lost in conversation but it was she who noticed first that Michael was at the DVC kiosk chatting with some fella. I will never know his name but am eternally grateful for not turning him off..................gutter minds. Turning him if off to DVC.

Michael came back, didn't say a ton, but I could tell by the smoke streaming from his ears that his mind was thinking heavy Disney thoughts. pixiedust: Even then though, I did not truly think he'd go for it. Michael is the ultimate realist, I mean like uber realist. We had a brief conversation that ended in the infamous last words: I need to do a little more research. :laughing: God bless him.

During the trip my cohorts mentioned it here and there and it's obvious value etc....;) Again :thanks: guys but I think it was ultimately Nate who got Michael to turn the corner. Nate, self-admittedly, is kinda frugal though truly you could never tell. :confused3 But he says he is so I am going with it. Anyway he did explain DVC to Michael at great length how it's almost already paid for itself in less than 3 years. Music to my honey's ears. :cloud9: And mine. :teeth: Michael could see how awesome the accommodations were as we first stayed at the OKW and then AKV. First hand knowledge is the best!!!!

Fast forward to a full week later. We were in DTD. The plan was to have the kiddos make their Dinos at T-Rex (dinner is another story) and do some shopping. Gabby was taking forever in some shop so the rest went ahead. When we caught up with them Michael asked me if I wanted to do the DVC tour. :faint: Did I want to do a tour??? Hell yeah I did. Michael is a man of few words but lemme tell you, that was the first moment I thought that this might happen. :thumbsup2

Apparently, the details are still fuzzy as I am still high from DVC fumes, the second Michael mentioned the tour, Jenna offered to take the kids. Have I told you all how much I love her? :hug: So this was all set before Gab and I show up.......

Jenna, Nate, and all of the kids headed back to the AKV to swim while Michael and I headed to the DVC kiosk to set up the tour. Within 5 minutes "Just Bob" as he called himself was there to pick us up and take us to SSR. :hyper:

To be continued 3 posts down........................................... :teeth:

I just found your TR today, your title caught my eye & your other titles have me intrigued, sounds like lots of fun.

:cool1:Congrats on buying DVC, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.:surfweb:

WOW I'm totally blown away. DVC! You're so lucky, and you didn't even have to twist his arm. Good things come to those that wait.

So where was I? Oh yeah, "Just Bob" was driving us via golf cart to the SSR. :cool1: We chatted with JB on the short 5 minute ride and he gave us DVC tidbits, one of those included the out-the-door-price. ;) My guess is that's part of the hook. They throw out the bigger number and then your DVC host comes in and chops part of that price off. I got their number. :laughing:

We check in at the SSR. While waiting for our dude we created a long list of questions. Our host was supposed to be Randy (Jenna's dude) but we hooked up with David* who was quite informative with a touch of used car salesman. Little did he know but he could have skipped the entire song and dance because if Michael wasn't serious, we wouldn't be there enjoying their free cookies and bottled water. He was nice enough and then asked if we had questions and that's when I fired off my list. He answered accordingly and obviously we liked what we heard.

He told us the 3 available resorts to purchase, without going on a wait list, were SSR, AKV, and Bay Lake (is that the name?). We already knew going in what was immediately available and were fairly solid on the SSR. Bay Lake, while pretty, is far too unDisney for me and really sleek and modern- two things I am not :rotfl:. By this time in the trip we were at the AKV, and while amazingly beautiful, without a Savannah View would not be all that appealing to us and it pretty far from everything but Animal Kingdom. :blush: Now the Treehouses look amazing and our friends own at SSR so to us, that made the most sense. :thumbsup2 We trusted their choice and felt comfortable following suit. :goodvibes

Then came the cost. :teacher: As some of you may know Disney is offering a "free" cruise for 4 with a new DVC purchase. The cruise did not appeal to us because a)there are 5 of us and b)I am not a huge cruise fan. So could David* make a deal? ::yes:: Indeed he could. While still giving his $$$ spiel, Michael interrupted asked so what do we have to do to do this? :faint: I swear I was so excited I think I peed myself a little. :lmao: I think David* wet himself too.

The cost incentive to purchase while there vs filling out the paperwork at home coupled with the cruise credit made the SSR a slam dunk! :dance3: :cheer2:

We discussed point amount options and while sweet David* tried his best to get us to purchase more than the required 160 points, we weren't going for it. We stayed strong barely.

We filled out the paperwork, paid the down payment, and were on our way to becoming DVC owners!!!! I think the entire process took an hour total. Michael knew going in we'd be buying before we went in. While David* went to get us some more info, Michael looked at me and said: Happy early 16th Anniversary. :lovestruc He just bought himself another 16 years of bliss with moi! :rotfl2:

I seriously could not believe what was happening and to be honest, even now, I am in shock. For some it may not sound like a big deal but for me it is. :cloud9: I am sure most folks here can understand. :goodvibes

I text Jenna and Keith and told them and asked Jenna not to tell the kids until we got back. David* French kissed me, called the driver to take us back to AKV, and that's all she wrote.

Our driver back was the nicest man ever and gave us his life story in a 15 minute van ride. Very sweet guy with good insights. He was our sign that we did the right thing.

We arrived at the AKV, met Jenna et al at the Kidani pool, which BTW is super cool, and broke the news. It was Disney magic in it's purest form. pixiedust:

So here's the deal:
~ SSR
~ 160 points
~ December use date which means this December we'll have 320 points :faint:

I will skip the nights' events for the report but the next morning, bright and early, David* called to say our payment would be less than we expected due to Michael's stellar credit score. And of course our dude asked if we wanted to add more points since the original monthly looked good to us. I am proud to say, we didn't add points and opted to stay put. Now that's restraint!!! :banana:

To be honest, it cost a lot less than I predicted and "Just Bob" played his out-the-door-hand-well. Gotta love Good Cop, Bad Cop! :thumbsup2

Jenna and I have been planning ever since and it looks like we may do a Big Tree Tour December 2010. Keep your fingers crossed. The plan is embryonic at this point. What I do know is that for the next 45 years I will own DVC.

*David's name changed to protect the innocent and not ruin his gig.

I just found your TR today, your title caught my eye & your other titles have me intrigued, sounds like lots of fun.

:cool1:Congrats on buying DVC, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.:surfweb:

:welcome: and :thanks: Should be at least a semi-interesting read. :laughing: I finished the DVC part in the post above this one but my guess is if you are reading this, you know that already. :upsidedow

WOW I'm totally blown away. DVC! You're so lucky, and you didn't even have to twist his arm. Good things come to those that wait.

I am still 100% in shock. I pour over the info nightly. They sent a really cool hardbound thick box/folder type thing with lots of folders and tabs. It nourishes my OCD. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter