Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87

Congrats on the Dvc Purchase. What awesome incentives they had

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congrats on the Dvc Purchase. What awesome incentives they had

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:thanks: :goodvibes The incentive ended up taking off $19 per point which was awesome or so I think. I need to do some research but my guess is most people don't post their loans and payments and what they paid per point. Babies. ;) :lmao:

:thanks: :goodvibes The incentive ended up taking off $19 per point which was awesome or so I think. I need to do some research but my guess is most people don't post their loans and payments and what they paid per point. Babies. ;) :lmao:

WOW...that is great

Babies :laughing:

OOOH SO JEALOUS....could you not have talked JB (I have to admit I was reading this as jobbie:blush: infantile mind and all that:sad2:) into setting you guys up with a wee quickie(trip that is;)) to SSR at the beginning of Aug this year, just to sample the goods now that would have made me happy:rotfl:

Your December 2010 trip sound interesting...and :woohoo:another marathon PTR in the offing:yay:

Fantastic, so as you didn't have the cruise they took $ off your points, is that right?

WOW...that is great

Babies :laughing:

It seemed to be. I did tell Jenna, Nate, and Keith the total loan amount and price per points and they all said it was a super deal. And believe me, if it weren't, Keith would have been the first to inform me. :laughing:

OOOH SO JEALOUS....could you not have talked JB (I have to admit I was reading this as jobbie:blush: infantile mind and all that:sad2:) into setting you guys up with a wee quickie(trip that is;)) to SSR at the beginning of Aug this year, just to sample the goods now that would have made me happy:rotfl:

Your December 2010 trip sound interesting...and :woohoo:another marathon PTR in the offing:yay:

Oh honey you have NO idea how close we were to actually doing that. We could have upgraded our 5 park Hoppers to APs for a mere $200 total :faint: The problem is that no matter what, airfare for 5 is super spendy. And really, my beloved just bought me DVC :woohoo: there was NO WAY I was going to push it. :angel: But I will be there in spirit. Jenna really might be there and you are going to have such an amazing time!!!! party:I would love to celebrate the Big Four Oh with you!! :hug:

Any new trip developments/plans? popcorn::

Fantastic, so as you didn't have the cruise they took $ off your points, is that right?

I believe so ::yes:: That's what David* said. I took copious amounts of notes during the meeting but again, it's a business and they aren't giving anything away for free ;) and are happy with what we got. :cloud9:

:rolleyes1 I am going to have to start our travel day part of this report later today. Jenna is so busy with house guests until Tuesday and since it's raining here and everyone is gone, it's a great time.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful holiday weekend (those who partake in Memorial Day). :grouphug:

:lovestruc :cloud9: Drinking my coffee, browsing the DVC site, in a quiet house, listening to the rain. Does it get any better? I think not!

Wow Congrats on your super anniversary gift:woohoo: I guess he really likes you huh:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: Too cute! It really is such a wonderful gift. :lovestruc DH is not huge on presents per say. He said: don't get used to this kind of gift giving. :laughing:

The cool thing is that he truly is as excited as I am. I see him browsing the books and DVC site like I do.

This is great! Now you have to post your trip so you can get started on the next pre-trip report. A never ending cycle!:rotfl2:

This is great! Now you have to post your trip so you can get started on the next pre-trip report. A never ending cycle!:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: So true! And what a fun cycle it is. :goodvibes

Your girls only bday trip is right around the corner- are you so excited? pixiedust:

We may be committing a DVC crime but DH and I think we might use our first allotment of points in Mexico next February. :scared1: I also think I am going to add 10 points before our contract closes. :cool2: I keep going back and forth. I need to call our guy and see how much more the down would be. I know it only adds $7 to the monthly. :yay:

We can stay 7 nights at an amazing studio in Zihua for 161 points. :woohoo: It's funny because when we went to Zihua in Feb 2008, our hotel was only 2 places down from the DVC condo so I know exactly where it is and what it looks like. :thumbsup2 Another sign that we did the right thing. ;)

Someone stop me, I am out of control! :hyper2:

Oh and Michael told me that he's getting a Disney Vacation Club Golf Membership. The discounts are pretty decent for $50 a year. He said he'll never go to WDW again without his clubs. :lmao:

Oh honey you have NO idea how close we were to actually doing that. We could have upgraded our 5 park Hoppers to APs for a mere $200 total :faint: The problem is that no matter what, airfare for 5 is super spendy. And really, my beloved just bought me DVC :woohoo: there was NO WAY I was going to push it. :angel: But I will be there in spirit. Jenna really might be there and you are going to have such an amazing time!!!! party:I would love to celebrate the Big Four Oh with you!! :hug:

Any new trip developments/plans? popcorn::

:sad:that would have been SO amazing but I wouldn't want you to take advantage of your honey's good nature...or would I:maleficen:rolleyes1:rotfl:. I have to admit I'm over the moon that there is such a good chance that Jenna's going to be there:cool1:it will just be the cherry on top of the cake if she manages:cloud9: (no pressure or guilt trip there Jenna;):rotfl2:)

We're kind of all sorted for our trip. So far I've nailed down all our ADR's, booked BBB for Niamh and Caylaprincess:, booked prefered viewing reservations for Wishes and Illuminations and organised a loose itinerary. I'm sorting out a doc with thing that Donny's DBro & family can do/see for free in Orlando, I'm half way through purchasing our holiday essential and have sorted out what clothes fit the girls. I still have to purchase travel insurance, print off my spreadsheets and info pages to put into my fact file. Can you guys think of anything else I should be doing just now:confused3;):lmao:....actually seriously is there anything missing:worried:????

:rotfl2: So true! And what a fun cycle it is. :goodvibes

Your girls only bday trip is right around the corner- are you so excited? pixiedust:

I'm so excited. Down to 28 days. My vouchers and tags came in the week. :banana: We spent the day picking up some more stuff for the trip. We hit Walmart, Sams and the Mall. Slowly marking things off my list. I still need to work on the daily itinerary. Tried to get Danielle to buy another bathing suit and she turned me down.:scared1: She's okay with the new one we got at Justice and her one from last year. She was a good sport while I tried on clothes, even when we hit Victoria Secret.:woohoo: I pre-ordered my photo pass last night. Someone had a code for 15% off, so I only paid $84.95.

:sad:that would have been SO amazing but I wouldn't want you to take advantage of your honey's good nature...or would I:maleficen:rolleyes1. I have to admit I'm over the moon that there is such a good chance that Jenna's going to be there:cool1:it will just be the cherry on top of the cake if she manages:cloud9: (no pressure or guilt trip there Jenna;):rotfl2:)

:thumbsup2 You will love Jenna and her family.

I would love to take advantage of Michael. pirate:

We're kind of all sorted for our trip. So far I've nailed down all our ADR's, booked BBB for Niamh and Caylaprincess:, booked prefered viewing reservations for Wishes and Illuminations and organised a loose itinerary. I'm sorting out a doc with thing that Donny's DBro & family can do/see for free in Orlando, I'm half way through purchasing our holiday essential and have sorted out what clothes fit the girls. I still have to purchase travel insurance, print off my spreadsheets and info pages to put into my fact file. Can you guys think of anything else I should be doing just now:confused3;):lmao:....actually seriously is there anything missing:worried:????

You sound set. So D's bro is traveling outside of the Disney magic? :faint:

Don't forget the biggies like batteries, medicines, and sunscreen. They charge a small fortune for that kind of stuff. :eek:

Tell me about the preferred viewing for Wishes and Illuminations.....popcorn::

I'm so excited. Down to 28 days. My vouchers and tags came in the week. :banana: We spent the day picking up some more stuff for the trip. We hit Walmart, Sams and the Mall. Slowly marking things off my list. I still need to work on the daily itinerary. Tried to get Danielle to buy another bathing suit and she turned me down.:scared1: She's okay with the new one we got at Justice and her one from last year. She was a good sport while I tried on clothes, even when we hit Victoria Secret.:woohoo: I pre-ordered my photo pass last night. Someone had a code for 15% off, so I only paid $84.95.

:cool1: 28 days!!!! Less than a month- :woohoo: Danielle said no to a new bathing suit? :eek: Don't you love when the tags and vouchers arrive? It means it's real! Care to share your itinerary? popcorn::

Did you buy a swimsuit from VS? VS's swimsuits ate the best ever!!! Worth every penny. :thumbsup2

Okay, because I cannot wait for Jenna any longer and I am dying to share the trip with everyone, I am going to start from the beginning. I doubt it will be as exciting as the DVC announcement but hope you all stick around. :flower3:

Plan:

Take Delta red-eye on 5/9; arrive in the morning on 5/10 Mother’s Day. :woohoo: Jenna booked a GV at the Old Key West for the first 5 nights, the AKV for the next 3 nights, and then we were staying an additional 2 days at the POR. They were arriving on 5/9 and staying their first night at the Pop Century. I was so jealous and wait until you see her Pop photo and you’ll know why. :cloud9:

Saturday 5/9 consisted of last minute trips to the store and DH packing. How he packs the day we leave is beyond me?! It’s such a man thang to do. Insane. Drives me nuts. I think he does it TO drive me nuts. Freak. :scared:

I would say we were completely ready to go by 3 p.m. but since we didn’t have to be to the airport until about 10:30, we spent the rest of day spinning our wheels. Seriously, like Tom Petty says, the way-ay-ting is the hardest part. Genius that man! I text with Keith, Tracy, and Jenna all day and Jenna sent some neato frito pics of their driving journey from PA which again, I will let her share if she ever starts her part. :rolleyes1 I know, I know, she's been busy. ;)

At about 10 p.m., we loaded the kids and the bags for the short 25 minute drive to the airport. SLC has 2 terminals and is pretty darn easy to navigate. No buses or trains to get you where you need to be. I love that. The plan was for DH to drop us at the curb with bags, all check in, and then he’d take the car to the long-term parking lot. Fabby, perfect, seamless. However after we checked in and DH left, the Delta agent asked me how I would like to pay for our $15 per bag fee? What the heck? :scared1: When did Delta start doing that? Here’s the kicker: we packed an en extra nearly empty bag for souvenirs so we had to pay $15 for a bag we didn’t need…..yet. The agent told us about a woman earlier in the day that spent $750 in luggage overage fees. Can you imagine? :crazy: We ended up having to spend $75 and of course, the bags don't get RT fare so we got to pay again on the way home. Total 100% racket!

I hand over my debit card because they don’t take cash. Sounded suspicious but whatever. Who doesn’t take cash?

Within 10 minutes DH meets us back in the terminal. Security was a breeze. I really think though that everyone should wear flip-flops or some sort of slip off sandal when flying. I mean unless you have hideous feet or they smell like butt, the whole untying and tying really holds up the line. I’m just sayin’……………….

This was the first time in forever that I did not get singled out to get the full body cavity search. I always get my carry on rifled through. I don’t know if it’s because my last name is different from the rest of my family’s (another story for another time) or if because I am fairly olive and they are racial profiling but this time I got through sans foreign hands sifting through my panties. Another sign this trip would rock! :yay:

We waited, had some snacks, kids were sleepy because we woke them early, let them have a short power nap early, and then kept them up. I thought my plan was brilliant but in practice not so much. Doesn’t this look like fun? :rotfl2:

IMG_1026.jpg

Basically red-eyes suck. I am so glad we can say suck here on the DIS because that is the only clean four letter word that comes to mind. I can honestly say that I will NEVER fly a red-eye again with children. Had it been DH and I only, perhaps, but it reeks havoc on your sleep/wake system.

The flight to Atlanta was smooth and uneventful other than Gabby making a total pain out of her self by laying all over her siblings. Ever love someone so much and want to snap him or her like a twig at the same time? I thought so.

Want see some pictures of my family thoroughly enjoying themselves during the 4 a.m. layover in Hotlanta?

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Boarded the plane for MCO, got a teensy bit o’ shut eye but not enough to shake the zombie coma feeling I was sporting. DH and Joshua slept a little on the plane but since the flight is just over an hour, that’s about all you can get.

We finally landed in Orlando and caught our second wind. This is of Joshua and I on ME. I look quite haggard but that’s what a red-eye with a layover in the middle night gets ya. Not sure what's happening with Joshua's mane either. :laughing:

IMG_1031.jpg

The ME driver was cute, telling us little factoids about the area. Last time we arrived in Orlando the ME movie wasn't working so I was quite excited to see it. :thumbsup2

And then the final euphoria of driving under the one of the most heartwarming signs in Orlando ;) Although the Hess gas station sign pitters my patter as well ;) Again, because we arrived at night last time we were unable to the get the shot I so desired while driving into WDW but not this time. :wizard:

IMG_1034.jpg

Next stop meeting with dear friends at the OKW!!!! :grouphug:

First of all -- WELCOME HOME!!! I know you will love DVC. We bought SSR, then added on AKV and now are thinking of adding on BLT. We have 230 pts but will need more for when my girls are in school and we'll be traveling mostly in summer and we'd like to be able to bring a babysitter or another family with us, so that means a 2BR in our future...

I would {seriously} encourage you to purchase more points ... 160 pts goes VERY fast.

YEAH for DVC!!!

The pic entering WDW looks like it was really crowded. I'm not used to seeing so many cars on the road there. Were the parks crowded?

:cool1: 28 days!!!! Less than a month- :woohoo: Danielle said no to a new bathing suit? :eek: Don't you love when the tags and vouchers arrive? It means it's real! Care to share your itinerary? popcorn::

Did you buy a swimsuit from VS? VS's swimsuits ate the best ever!!! Worth every penny. :thumbsup2

I was looking for another bra, not successful. The store was too crowded and I didn't have enough time to try on a bunch. I needed to get home before DH so I could put away my purchases. I don't want to rub it in cause he's not going.

Here's the plane
6/21 we're flying in. I'm getting there via Southwest out of New Orleans. My sister is flying out of Lafayette via Delta. I have a direct flight and she'll get there via a stop in Atlanta. Hopefully we won't be too tired and hit DTD and dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Express.

6/22 Epcot rope drop dinner at Coral Reef.

6/23 Morning Ak, Afternoon HS with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

6/24 Mk with dinner at 'Ohana

6/25 Danielle's 10th bday. Ak with dinner at 1900 Park Fare

6/26 Back to Epcot Storybook dinning for breakfast and dinner at Biergarten (I really wanted LeCellier)

6/27 Back to MK dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

6/28 last day in the parks. DH with dinner at 50's Prime Time

6/29 we don't fly out until after 4 so we're going to hit DTD and an early lunch at T-Rex.

Yay you started!!!!

Poor kidlets looked so tired...Darn red eye:sad2:

But am glad to see once you got on the ME Bus, everyone perked right up :cool1:

You got a great shot of the welcome sign :thumbsup2

Yah you started!!!!:dance3:

Wonderful update. Sorry about the red eye. I've never done it and I don't think I would do too good either. You do not look haggard at all, just very happy!

Can't wait to read more.

First of all -- WELCOME HOME!!! I know you will love DVC. We bought SSR, then added on AKV and now are thinking of adding on BLT. We have 230 pts but will need more for when my girls are in school and we'll be traveling mostly in summer and we'd like to be able to bring a babysitter or another family with us, so that means a 2BR in our future...

I would {seriously} encourage you to purchase more points ... 160 pts goes VERY fast.

YEAH for DVC!!!

The pic entering WDW looks like it was really crowded. I'm not used to seeing so many cars on the road there. Were the parks crowded?

:cloud9: Welcome Home- I love that! I was just thinking about adding points today :idea: I spoke with the DVC QA folks about my paperwork, again, because they screwed up some of the info, and she said they could rewrite to add more now because we haven't closed or we could add on a minimum of 25 at another resort at a later date. :surfweb: The possibilities are endless. I was also thinking that with Gabby starting Jr High this fall it might be more difficult for me to be the negligent mom who allows her to miss school for vacation :laughing: and may have to go during more peak seasons. :scared:

Tell me about SSR.......popcorn::

Isn't the current promo for current owners, buy 100 points and get a "free" 3 days cruise? I would like to score during a great promo. I know we'll need more points. I have spent our current 160 about 50x in my head already!!!

I was a little freaked too but they were doing something for a Danskin race taking place so what was happening in the pic was that the cars were having to merge up ahead so traffic appeared far worse than it was.

I was looking for another bra, not successful. The store was too crowded and I didn't have enough time to try on a bunch. I needed to get home before DH so I could put away my purchases. I don't want to rub it in cause he's not going.

:goodvibes That's sweet of you. Is he super bummed about not going?

Here's the plane
6/21 we're flying in. I'm getting there via Southwest out of New Orleans. My sister is flying out of Lafayette via Delta. I have a direct flight and she'll get there via a stop in Atlanta. Hopefully we won't be too tired and hit DTD and dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Express.

6/22 Epcot rope drop dinner at Coral Reef.

6/23 Morning Ak, Afternoon HS with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

6/24 Mk with dinner at 'Ohana

6/25 Danielle's 10th bday. Ak with dinner at 1900 Park Fare

6/26 Back to Epcot Storybook dinning for breakfast and dinner at Biergarten (I really wanted LeCellier)

6/27 Back to MK dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

6/28 last day in the parks. DH with dinner at 50's Prime Time

6/29 we don't fly out until after 4 so we're going to hit DTD and an early lunch at T-Rex.

:cool1: Sounds like a great plan! Biergarten looked SO fun to me!!! 50's looks great too. I love 'Ohana and liked Coral Reef. Haven't been to WCC or LTT but the menu at LTT looks so good and different from the usual park fare. Are these new dining places for you? I bet you DD is over the moon!!! princess: It looks like you have divided your park times pretty evenly. Where are you staying? I don't see it in your siggy but could be missing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter