• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random yet useful items to have for your trip.

A little scented candle and matches for the bathroom, I have a grown son, do the math. We keep a hanging toiletry bag packed at all time, I have one, DH has one and we have a joint one. If he is travelling for work, he grabs his, if I'm vacationing I grab mine, if we are going on a trip together, I grab the joint one. I always have a little pair of scissors and a sewing kit in my every day purse I carry and I keep a small pair of scissors in my car. Since we drive down, it's always there. I also have a corkscrew in my car - don't judge. I take a corkscrew and plastic wine glasses in my luggage.

I'm never going without a power strip again. DH and I fought over outlets the whole time lol.
Just a tip for if/when two people need to charge a phone or something else with a USB cord--there is usually a USB port on the back of the TV, so you can plug in your phone directly to the TV, using the USB cable instead of the plug outlet. Saves an outlet for another use! Just be sure it is charging if the TV is off.
Learned the hard way that the lamp on the desk was not charging my device when it died halfway through our first day. :mad:
Of course, a power strip would take care of that as well!:D

I do the same thing and also have her hair stuff (ponytail holders ribbons or bows barrettes or whatever she will be using that day) in the bag. I label it with teh day she will wear it and then on that morning, all she has to do is grab the correct bag and get dressed. So easy!
This is what we do for my girls. Waking early for RD, it makes it super easy for anyone (even DH) to get them dressed because everything is all in the bag: underwear, clothes, socks, hair accessories, etc. I also label the bags with the day. After doing this on our last trip, I will never pack another way for Disney.

Brita water bottles to counteract that lovely Orlando tap water. We fill with ice and a little tap water when we leave the room and get ice refills at counter service restaurants and snack vendors. We also bring a collapsible soft sided cooler we keep in the tub filled with ice for items that don't fit in the mini fridge. we also bring along the glow bracelets like you can get at the dollar store....

Last edited:
If you are using a stroller, we found a stroller name tag and a string of battery-powered LED lights invaluable in helping us find our stroller in the masses at stroller parking, especially at night. We could usually beeline right to our stroller, as it was the one of the only ones with lights. And everyone commented on it as we walked through the parks! Multi-colored for Christmas season, white lights for the rest of the year. :goodvibes
GENIUS!!!

Beach towel clips (Dollar Tree find) to secure a poncho over the stroller. It makes the poncho act as a tent and not let rain in the sides. Also handy when we park the stroller in the rain we can cover it pretty well so it's not wet when we return.

Also, I LOAD UP on glow things at Walmart and Dollar Tree before hand so I can pull them out at night time events. My kids love it and they don't know I didn't buy the, AT Disney!

Melatonin. Now that I have reached a certain age, it is the only thing that lets me sleep at night in a strange hotel room. Oh, and the corkscrew helps, too.

And to counteract in the a.m., a single serve aeropress for coffee is a lifesaver on rope drop mornings. I am a coffee snob.

Not a thing but a service - Garden Grocer. We'd get so much less done if we depended on food court for breakfast.

Love the nightlight idea. And we can't survive without ziplocs, laundry bags, and pre-packed outfits.

Anker portable chargers. Heavy but they help your phone get through a rope drop to close day.

A little scented candle and matches for the bathroom, I have a grown son, do the math. We keep a hanging toiletry bag packed at all time, I have one, DH has one and we have a joint one. If he is travelling for work, he grabs his, if I'm vacationing I grab mine, if we are going on a trip together, I grab the joint one. I always have a little pair of scissors and a sewing kit in my every day purse I carry and I keep a small pair of scissors in my car. Since we drive down, it's always there. I also have a corkscrew in my car - don't judge. I take a corkscrew and plastic wine glasses in my luggage.

The corkscrew in the car is genius! I ended up buying a wine kit in EPCOT last year because I forgot to pack my corkscrew. The good, it has everything in it's own bag which now gets packed with the toiletry bag.

I just bought a vino to go cup in Target. My wine can stay cold, and I don't have to worry about it spilling.

For the bathroom, I buy a car air freshener. I started that with cruises when I can't do a candle. For $3 the bathroom smells pleasant all week, and I don't have to worry about the fire police.

have you tried Poopuri?

If you are using a stroller, we found a stroller name tag and a string of battery-powered LED lights invaluable in helping us find our stroller in the masses at stroller parking, especially at night. We could usually beeline right to our stroller, as it was the one of the only ones with lights. And everyone commented on it as we walked through the parks! Multi-colored for Christmas season, white lights for the rest of the year. :goodvibes
wow this is genius. totally stealing this for out upcoming trip!

We use a a beach towel to cover our stroller. Makes it easy to find, we can sit on it for parades, dry off after rides and it folds up pretty small. I am also a subscriber to the outfit in a ziplock bag labeled with the day. Moleskin is also a must for us. Keeps the blisters manageable.

Bring the supplies for whatever method you use to deal with blisters. There is some stuff available at disney but it might not be your first choice.

When my daughter was younger, I would have a small flashlight she could use if she woke up for the restroom or anything in the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter