Random yet useful items to have for your trip.

Now that she's a size 8 I find I have to upgrade to the bags that are a size up from gallon. I forget the name they give them. I even include her panties in the bag, and socks if it's chilly season. And you can squeeze most of the air out of the bags so they take up less room while packed too.
BEST bags ever are from Ikea. They are large and would easily fit a full change! I have a serious obsession with Ikea zip top bags.

Ikea will ship to Tennessee.

They are really really thick and great quality is why I like them so much. I actually feel guilty when I recycle them because they are so fantastic.

I'm telling you, once you use them there's no going back. lol Check out the shipping or find a friend with an Ikea near them!

Love the idea of the battery powered tea light. I always bring clothes pins to use for wet swimsuits and wet ponchos. Clorox wipes are great for wiping down stuff in the room I always do that before we "move" in. I bring ziploc bags and aluminum foil sheets for left overs or danish for breakfast for the next day. A bunch of paper towels (torn off the roll) come in handy for lots of things.

A travel sized Lysol spray is great for just about everything that can get gross.

And I put liquid hand soap into an empty hand sanitizer bottle to use at the hotel sinks. So much easier than bars of soap.

I get nightlights at the dollar store so I don't mind if we forget to bring them home.

It is easy to bring many items that you don't need. I tis always good to review after a trip the items that you personally find useful.

One item that is kind of random, but can come in handy is an empty 2ounces spray bottle. Fill it with water, and it comes in handy for a number of tasks. 1. a quick tonic for hair. Like if you want a smooth ponytail. Spray hair with ( a little) water, then spray with hairspray. 2. remove wrinkles.

A combination of the following takes care of most wrinkles:
1. hang in bathroom while showering.
2. Spray with water. - no need for wrinkle products.
3. blow item with hairdryer.

Also, instead of bringing all the items you need...you can get a bit creative with the free items you get.
Liquid shampoo/soaps can be used to wash many items: mugs, light clothes, spot removal.
A tiny bit of hand lotion or conditioner - even without rinsing will smooth frizzy hair ends. (Or mix with water in the spray bottle).
Hand sanitizer contains alcohol - just not the kind you can put in your mouth. Mouthwash usually contains alcohol you can put in your mouth. Either one can by used to sanitize a number of items. Ditto if you have something like gin/vodka and need to sanitize anything. I recently read that spritzing razors with alcohol doubles their life.

In a pinch, you can hand wash a number of clothing items in the sink. Blot in a towel, then use a blow dryer to dry, or partly dry them. It works especially well on thin fabric. (silk-like fabrics) Especially good in summer.

Newspaper can also be handy sometimes. I've never tried it, but I hear it can be helpful if your sneakers get drenched. You stuff the shoes with the paper. Otherwise, wet sneakers can be horrible in FL. One time ours got wet and took days to dry! Again, it may also help to spray the shoes with alcohol! (speeds drying helps prevent bad odors)

Extra large carabiners.
D-Ring climbing/rope hooks. This is a must for us. We use them with stroller handle for easy access to backpack or other bag.

They also make USB only charging strips. They save space double since overall size is smaller and doesn't require bringing the plug part.

The LED lights for stroller is genius and I just jumped on Amazon to buy some. Best $8 I've spent today.

Some great tips here!
When bringing little ones that might be afraid of the dark on some of the dark rides, I bought little led keychain flashlights. It wasn't bright enough to bother anyone else on the ride, and just enough to distract them and help them feel like they were in control.
Another odd thing to bring is the post it notes to put over the sensor of the flush-by-themselves toilets. My kids were always a bit nervous around those things...
Other than that, we brought those Fun Tainer thermoses for the kids. It was nice because it kept the water cold, they fit easily in the backpack and in the fridge, plus it was nice to have for the flight too.

OH - and the Dollar Store tends to have some Disney items. It seems I have much less of a struggle getting them to use tissues, hand wipes or even hand sanitizer if it has a character. :confused3

Some great tips here!
When bringing little ones that might be afraid of the dark on some of the dark rides, I bought little led keychain flashlights. It wasn't bright enough to bother anyone else on the ride, and just enough to distract them and help them feel like they were in control.
Another odd thing to bring is the post it notes to put over the sensor of the flush-by-themselves toilets. My kids were always a bit nervous around those things...
Other than that, we brought those Fun Tainer thermoses for the kids. It was nice because it kept the water cold, they fit easily in the backpack and in the fridge, plus it was nice to have for the flight too.

OH - and the Dollar Store tends to have some Disney items. It seems I have much less of a struggle getting them to use tissues, hand wipes or even hand sanitizer if it has a character. :confused3

I used to do that too when my daughter was younger. She was terrified of having the toilet flush while she was sitting on it. I had a pack of post-it notes in my purse for years and probably never actually used one to write a note. :rotfl2:

My husband laughs...but I always bring scissors. Cutting tags off and other random things...they always come in handy.
I brought scissors to the cruise ship. (No reason, they happened to be in the car and I thought they might be useful for crafts). They kept them at the gate, had to pick them up after the cruise.... and then handed me a huge steak knife at dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter