• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR to CBR -- an August 2012 Adventure

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:bday: It sounds like you guys are going to have a busy, but fun weekend. Glad you got everything straightened out with your flights.
So, here are the details on our SUPRISE trip.... We are leaving June 4th at lunch time. It is about an 8 hour drive down so, we always head out a day before and stay off property. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge of course our "home away from home".;) I had to have hernia surgery last Monday so everything has been crazy at my house for the past two weeks!!! I am feeling better though and about to get into full Dis mode!! I have all of the dining reservations on my computer at work so when I get back I will fill you in on those. We usually go to the same places every time this time we are trying the Rain Forest Cafe I hope it's good!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I'm glad you were able to get the flights straightened out. I would have had a small heart attack! :eek:

Amanda

Thank you Angie, Amanda, Erin, Karen and Jennifer for the birthday wishes! I had such a great birthday WEEKEND. Yep, I said weekend. It was all about me, after all :thumbsup2!!!

On Saturday Peter took me yard saling. In the summer, this is my favorite activity! This Saturday is the 10 MILE YARD SALE in Cornville. I love this one. There is literally 10 miles of yard sales in this little town! It's soooo cool! Ok, you guys are going to think I'm such a dork! I was so excited by one of my massive finds this past Saturday....

Spring2012019.jpg

YEP!!! MR & MRS POTATO HEAD!!!! :woohoo: :dance3:

Don't you just love them!!! I got both for $1 total! I know there is a store in DTD where you can buy parts for them and I definitely want to do this! Both Peter and Victoria thought I was a little nuts, but it's fun to be nuts, right? You guys understand, right? :worship:

After paying the car registration tomorrow, I will then be able to start paying on Disney again. Ugh! :sad2: And I had a stupid overdraft fee I found out about yesterday, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I have been so careful about writing all the debit purchases in the checkbook, but I must have missed one! Grrrrr! :headache: I really don't have money to throw away like that. I should be able to have it paid in full by the end of June. Good thing as our final payment is due in July. We are at 94 days now! Unbelievable! I went through a bunch of clothes I had in a tub in my closet and I think I should lose 20lbs. Oh, I know I should lose a lot more than that, but if I do lose 20lbs I should be fitting into all those pants I have. There's a lot of them I could make cut offs from to go to Disney. I don't want to have to buy new clothes for Disney. Ok, wait....I DO want to buy new clothes, but I DO NOT want to pay for new clothes for Disney! :rolleyes1 I get so tired of being pooh sized, but I've tried the surgery, I've tried Weight Watchers, so it's not like I haven't tried. I've just got to try harder. I think for me, exercise really makes a difference, but let's face it....I'm lazy.....SORRY.....RANTING HERE......:mad: :confused3 :eek: let's get back to the report.....

I've started working on my new tie dye shirt! I love the dye I got ----- it's in spray bottles, so instead of soaking the shirt in die, you just spray it on. It's so cool! Hopefully I will get to finish it up tonight. I will definitely be taking a picture of it to show you all. If this one comes out good, I have plans for my next one!

10 miles of yard sales! That sounds like a ton of fun and lots of great buys. Speaking of great buys, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are the cutest things ever and for just $1. :thumbsup2

Girl, I can talk all day long about the need to exercise but that's as far as it gets....just talking about it. Usually, I'm walking on the treadmill every day getting ready for our vacation but I don't even know if I could get all the dust off the treadmill right now. :rotfl:

Hi Everyone.....I just wanted to share a couple of photos I've taken around the house lately. First of all, I know you are all dying to see my tie dye....get it? "Dying" I crack myself up!!! :lmao: Just remember that this is my first attempt and I already have ways to improve the next one.

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

Just remember, this was only my first attempt.

More addition pictures. He is getting near the end

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

And here is one of my flower baskets...

DSCF2353.jpg

And some of my bun-buns.....

DSCF2357.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

And here is Milo getting into the dryer....

DSCF2311.jpg

Ok, folks....just thought I'd share....

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Congrats on your flights (it makes it seem so real!)

And without a doubt- that shirt is AWESOME!!! I love making tye-dye. I have done regular ones with my Girl Scouts several time- but how do you get that Mickey in there like that?

I seriously need to try this for my June trip!

I love tie dye shirts!! I was thinking of making some for our trip. I think your first attempt turned out really good.:thumbsup2

Your bunnies are so cute!!:) Love the name Milo! Our cat is named Milo as well.:goodvibes

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Congrats on your flights (it makes it seem so real!)

And without a doubt- that shirt is AWESOME!!! I love making tye-dye. I have done regular ones with my Girl Scouts several time- but how do you get that Mickey in there like that?

I seriously need to try this for my June trip!

Thank you for the compliment on my shirt. It was soooo easy! I bought the sei tumble dye kit which is ready to use in SPRAY BOTTLES!!! I dampened my shirt and I made the Mickey head cutouts with my cricut machine. I just taped them on and used tape for the "balloon's" string. Then I made sure to have a piece of cardboard in the shirt and I started spraying away. I had to hang it up outside to spray the back of it, but it was super easy and super fun! I'm still trying to think of ideas for my other 2 shirts. I was thinking a row of Mickey heads or something like that. I'm not sure, though.

I love tie dye shirts!! I was thinking of making some for our trip. I think your first attempt turned out really good.:thumbsup2

Your bunnies are so cute!!:) Love the name Milo! Our cat is named Milo as well.:goodvibes

Thank you --- I think my bun buns are awesome. My husband built my bunny hutch and it's huge! I have 5 bunnies total. Oh, Milo....he's such a different cat! He loves me to death and he tolerates Victoria, but he ABSOLUTELY HATES Peter! :cat: It's so funny. Every night when Peter comes to bed Milo is laying down on it already. Peter goes to pat him and gets attacked. :lmao: Milo doesn't have any front claws, but he has teeth and has bit Peter quite a few times. Peter thinks it's funny and eggs the poor cat on. I'll go and pick Milo up and he starts purring for me. So funny!!!

I really like how your tie dyes came out Ann! Your furry kids are soooooooo cute! :lovestruc Be careful with Milo in that dryer! I had a client tell me a horror story about his cat and the dryer once and I cannot get it out of my head when I do laundry...I check meticulously every time I put stuff in there! :scared:

I think that the shirt looks pretty spiffy! And I love the pictures of your bunnies, so cute. :) Congrats for being under 100 days! Reading that made me realize that in 26 days we will be counting down our double digits. :cool1:

DSCF2369.jpg

I DID IT! I DID IT! After 3 attempts, one of my tie dyes came out exactly how I wanted it! :thumbsup2 I’ve taken the picture and now I’ve just got to download it to the computer. I’m so excited! Finally! :cool1: We are down to 88 days now! Wow! I cannot believe how quickly it’s coming up. The summer really hasn’t even started yet and I leave in 88 days? How did that happen? :confused3 I really don’t think I like taking a Disney trip in the summer, though. I just feel that there is too much to get done in the short little summer season we have. We have a 25th anniversary party to go to, a wedding to go to, etc. I also have a super summer Pampered Chef/Pool party at my house on June 23rd. Busy, busy, busy! The pool isn’t even open yet, but Peter says he’ll start filling it this week. :beach: The first year we had the pool we ordered water and had it filled. Last year we just let the hose fill it. We have city water rather than a well, so we aren’t concerned with running a well dry. The cost of just filling it with a hose and paying it that way is comparable to ordering it from the water company, so it’s just as easy to do that. Peter just has so many irons in the fire, it amazes me. He has the addition, his cars, the landscaping, and now opening the pool. I’m sure I could do the pool thing, but he hasn’t showed me the right balance of chemicals, etc, so watch ---- if I did it, we’d have green water!! :crazy2:

I honestly don’t think we’ll get a chance to go camping this summer. We have too many things to do around the house. Peter did put in 2 raised garden beds in for me yesterday and now it’s just a matter of planting in those. He had rented a backhoe for 8 hours and it broke down with 4 hours left to go. :furious: I really hope he gets on the phone with the rental place and either gets a partial refund or another backhoe for him to continue his digging. We have this HUGE wood pile of scraps and stuff to burn, too. That’s going to be one gigantic fire when it gets touched off. :firefight Hopefully, he will have a couple of friends and a couple of hoses when he does set it off. I just wish they would do it a little at a time. I don’t really like fires. I know how easily they can get out of control and I would hate for someone’s carelessness to cause us to lose everything we own! I have a couple of small lilac trees to move over near the garage. They are currently on the west side of the house and really don’t get that much sun. They are going to like it so much more by the garage. (And it would make my view from the house a little more pleasant than looking at a grey sided garage wall!) Here I am going on and on and on…. Do you guys really want to know all this stuff? Kinda boring, but such is my life! :surfweb:

I did go to the 10 mile yard sale on Saturday. I had a lot of fun, but didn’t really end up buying too much stuff. There was a lot of junk, of course, and then some people were charging outrageous prices for USED STUFF!!! Some set ups were more like flea markets than garage sales. Nothing Disney! Can you imagine??!!! Oh, well, it does make sense. Who in their right mind would sell their Disney stuff? What horror! :faint:

There has been a change to the itinerary for Disney. Victoria would rather eat at T-Rex again than to go back to Rainforest Café. I’m a bit disappointed. I wanted Peter to see the Rainforest Café since he’s already seen T-Rex. Maybe I’ll just keep it with Rainforest anyways. I’m not sure yet. The food is pretty much the same thing, so it’s just the atmosphere really that’s different. I’m still thinking on this one. Oh, I just ordered the $25 gift card from MyPoints for my reward from Landry’s Restaurants. :cool1: That way I could go to either place once decided. Oh, I’ve also joined Indollars (or something like that) that pays you for surveys. I haven’t gotten any money from it yet, but I will let you guys know if it’s a scam. Apparently once you’ve earned $30 they will send you a check. I’ve earned $7.86 so far. Go Me! I used to be a “secret shopper”. I just found there to be a lot of paperwork for what little money you could earn doing that. I might look into that again. I’d do it if it were a store or restaurant I usually go to anyways. We’ll see. I’ve also opened an online checking account with ING. I got the deal where you open an account, no minimum balance, and as long as you make 3 debit card purchases within the first 20 days of receiving the card, you will get an account credit of $50. I thought that was a good deal. $50?! ::yes:: Credited for just opening an account? Seems like a no brainer to me. I get a lot of deals/coupons through Couponing to Disney. Kristen has an awesome sight and the woman seems to know every deal available to man! I definitely recommend her site to anyone!

I was just on the Disboards and read that a group of young men got out of their boat on POtC and stole the keys out of the dog’s mouth?! Can you believe that?! How stupid and mean! Wow! I just can’t imagine…..some people are just inconsiderate morons who shouldn’t be allowed into a wonderful place like Disney World. :sad:

I’m going to post this now. I will go home at lunch, add the picture, and you’ll be able to see it later on today!!

OMG!!!!!! THAT LOOKS FABULOUS!!!! I must know how you did it! That ROCKS! It looks like it was purchased at a store. :worship:

I'm jealous that your man does so much around the house! Mine is amazing, don't get me wrong, but he's not a housework kinda guy, and he's not home b/c of his job even if he was. Cannot wait to see a finished pic of the porch/jacuzzi room!!! :thumbsup2

The shirt looks amazing! You should do them up and sell them on ebay or something for extra disney money :cutie:

that story was so sad- stealing the keys from the dog at PotC. that's like taking a small piece of my childhood from me.

i decided to work on a mypoints card too. i've been a member forever but have not been active. i go through stages where i'm a coupon/ discount addict, and then i feel stocked up on whatever i bought and tend to slack for a while. but i can't stand to pay full price either and rarely do.

OMG!!!!!! THAT LOOKS FABULOUS!!!! I must know how you did it! That ROCKS! It looks like it was purchased at a store. :worship:

I'm jealous that your man does so much around the house! Mine is amazing, don't get me wrong, but he's not a housework kinda guy, and he's not home b/c of his job even if he was. Cannot wait to see a finished pic of the porch/jacuzzi room!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much. I am so excited that this shirt came out like I pictured it in my head. I used the sei tumble dye and use my cricut to cut out the Disney part. Just spray and let dry. Seriously. It's that easy. The hard part is not over dying the thing! Yes, I am very thankful that my hubby does so much around the house. Since I was a single mom for over 6 years, I can do alot for myself, but it's nice to have that back up to help me. I'm very lucky that he works only an hour away and is not gone for days at a time.

I LOVE the new shirt!! It looks sooo good. :cheer2:

Thanks! I'm very happy with it.
The shirt looks amazing! You should do them up and sell them on ebay or something for extra disney money :cutie:

OH, c'mon now! I'm not that good, nor would I have the patience to do them all the time.

Wow! Your new shirt is amazing! LOVE IT! Good job!

Thanks. :goodvibes

that story was so sad- stealing the keys from the dog at PotC. that's like taking a small piece of my childhood from me.

i decided to work on a mypoints card too. i've been a member forever but have not been active. i go through stages where i'm a coupon/ discount addict, and then i feel stocked up on whatever i bought and tend to slack for a while. but i can't stand to pay full price either and rarely do.

I just can't imagine some punks stealing any part of any scene in Disney. How freaking stupid and disrespectful can you be?? Ugh! I swear the entitlement that some people feel is unbelievable! Grow up, people! PHew.....Ok....sorry.....that just gets me so frustrated!

I used to do really well with my MyPoints account. I used to sell Avon and I would order my whole order for all my customers thru MyPoints. I racked up a lot of points that way. Now I don't sell Avon anymore and I don't really do my shopping online, so it's hard for me to earn points now. I do some surveys and I do use coupons that I print from their site, but not a whole lot. I try to get as much free stuff as I can, but I don't spend a huge amount of time to clip coupons, look through flyers etc. I'm certainly not an extreme couponer. I only buy what we normally would buy anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter