PTR to CBR -- an August 2012 Adventure

Wow! Great deal on the PJ's!! They are very cute!:thumbsup2

I'm so glad that everything worked out with the IRS!!:goodvibes What a scare that must have been for you. I know I would have been freaking out if I got a letter like that!:eek:

Your addition looks like it's coming along great!

Good gosh! I would have been freaking out too if I had gotten a letter like that from the IRS. Thank goodness everything worked out in the end.

Hi,

I'm subscribing! Clicked over from Karen & Hope's PTR...and hooked. I am enjoying reading about your pre-trip adventures!

Can't wait to see how Carribean Beach turns out to be! It's my bucket list to stay at every Disney Resort in FL at least once! (Sadly, I have a lot of Disney related bucket list items!- that's how you know you have a DIS problem!!! :))

Looking forward to following!

Our taxes truly were a disaster. Although we were somewhat prepared, it was much worse than I expected. Which is why our August trip isn't definite yet....

Glad it worked out. I love the Quebec Mickey Mouse shirt!

Amanda

Joining in!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

OMG!!! Is that Jennifer??? Where you been, girl??!!! And where is your trip report, hmmmm??? I thought you were lost in Disney and decided to stay there!!!! :rotfl2: Welcome to more fun, thrills and excitment......ok, well maybe not all of that, but I'm glad to have you back!! ::yes::

It is me!!!! Don't I wish I was lost at DISNEY forever!!??!!:cool1::cool1: I still haven't gotten the nerve up to do a TR yet. I guess you saw we are planning a short trip in June. This will be our first summer trip and I am really nervous that we are going to regret the decision to go in the summer. I hope not though!!! It is only for a short 4 days, we are still planning our week long February trip in 2013. The kids have no idea we are going and that has been so fun and VERY HARD keeping it from them. They have both mentioned several times they are ready to go back and every time I have to bite my tongue and say look forward to February. :rotfl: Well, I am looking forward to your new TR can't wait to hear about everything you have going on. I have missed you!

Let’s see….what’s going on lately? Not a whole lot. Tomorrow will be 100 days out! :yay::yay: Can you all believe it??!! Then it will be down to double digits. I love that. I don’t usually do a countdown chain or calendar as I never seem to keep up with them….laziness on my part! And have you all heard that Home Deport no longer has the Mickey head paint samples? Ugh! :scared1: What were they thinking??! Oh, I can always make Mickey heads on my circuit, but that’s not the point!

Speaking of creativity (we were, weren’t we?) I read about this FABULOUS idea involving tie dye!! It’s almost like a reverse tie dye. I’ll have to find the article again and post it. AND I found Just My Size tshirts (white) on clearance at Wal-Mart for $3!!!! :thumbsup2 Yeppers!! If you remember, I was complaining about the fit of regular tshirts around my pooh belly. They just aren’t comfy for me, but JMS shirts are AWESOME!! I bought 3 of those t shirts to be creative with. I will definitely have to find the instructions now! The project idea was from sei using elmer’s glue gel. I think I saw it on Facebook and of course I can’t access that site from work, so I’ll just have to look for it tonight. Goodness, I hope I can find it!

OOOOHHHHHH I FOUND IT:
Lavendar Shirt supplies:
Shirt
Tumble Dye
Lace piece or shirt
Resist technique supplies:
White shirt
Tumble dye
Elmer's gel glue (white or blue, but must be the gel kind)
paint brush
Large bowl
First, place a board, piece of plastic, or even a cookie sheet in between your shirt so the glue won't soak through. Create your design with the Elmer's gel glue and then let the glue dry completely. For our anchor, we painted the glue on with a paint brush. For the text, we hand wrote it directly out of the bottle.
Fill a large bowl with enough water to completely submerge your shirt. Add as much Tumble dye as desired, the more dye, the more concentrated the color will be. Once the glue is completely dry, submerge your shirt in the dye. Make sure the entire shirt is covered, then remove from dye and hang to dry.
Let dry completely, then heat set in the dryer for 20 minutes. Once the dye is heat set, hand wash the shirt with warm water and soap to dissolve the glue. Now you are ready to wash and wear! For the anchor we use the sports blue Tumble dye, and for the text shirt, we used hot pink with a bit of sports gold mixed in!

School is almost out for this school year. She promotes from eighth grade to a Freshman in High School on June 13th. OMG!!! :eek: My baby will be in high school!!! Say it ain’t so! I also found out when the first day of high school is…….AUGUST 29TH!!! Now, if anyone is paying attention, you will know that we are leaving Orlando on August 28th!!!! :confused: We haven’t selected our flights yet, but either flight we chose back into NH will make us come in anywhere from 9:15pm to 12:35pm. Eeeks!!! Oh, well….she doesn’t really need to be wide awake for the first day, does she? I didn’t think so. I mean what are they going to do the first day, right? ::yes::

I was able to cash in some Disney Movie Reward points for a $10 Disney gift card which I received yesterday. Yeah!! I also have enough points with MyPoints to get a $25 Rainforest Café gift card. I know it’s now on the DDP (I think?? I’ll have to go check and make sure :confused3 ) but I want to be able to get a souvenir or two. Peter has never been there, so I’m excited for him to go. I was able to use points from My Coke Rewards for my new Nike sneakers that I’m breaking in right now for Disney. So see, I’m really trying to utilize websites for as much free stuff as I can. As Victoria would say, I’m obsessed. ::yes::

Another obsession I have is looking online for pictures of CBR, since that will be our home resort this time around. Mickeystoontown has been a wonderful source of these photos and I had 178 of them to print. Ok, so not all of them are of CBR, but the majority of them are. I know it’s early and I am not guaranteed to be in the Jamaica section, but I did have them printed to be ready for the scrapbook. I would never be able to take some of those awesome shots, so I “borrowed” them. Not any that were copyrighted, though! I got a free shipping deal from Shutterfly so I was quite pleased. Hey, whomever looks at my scrapbook will never know I didn’t take them, right? Also, this is a good way to keep the photos on my memory card down to a minimum. Oh, now that’s funny……down to a minimum – I crack myself up! I always bring 2 memory cards!!! Along with lots of batteries!!:rotfl2:

A really neat thing happened to me this week, too! They are having a contest on one of the radio stations I listen to and for the month of May they are giving away a diamond a day. It's valued at $225, so it's nothing too huge, but it's a prize nonetheless. I WON THE DIAMOND ON FRIDAY!!! :woohoo: I have yet to pick it up, but I'm excited. My friend's jewelry store is the one sponsoring it, so maybe I can have it set into something cute! Isn't that neat?? :cool2:

Hi,

I'm subscribing! Clicked over from Karen & Hope's PTR...and hooked. I am enjoying reading about your pre-trip adventures!

Can't wait to see how Carribean Beach turns out to be! It's my bucket list to stay at every Disney Resort in FL at least once! (Sadly, I have a lot of Disney related bucket list items!- that's how you know you have a DIS problem!!! :))

Looking forward to following!

Hi Tinker!!! Welcome on in! Yeah, I would love to stay at all the resorts myself, but I will NEVER be able to afford a deluxe or above. I really don't see us buying into the DVC either, so I guess that's one dream I'll never see happen!

We don't have a Dis problem....what are you talking about???!!!...:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It is me!!!! Don't I wish I was lost at DISNEY forever!!??!!:cool1::cool1: I still haven't gotten the nerve up to do a TR yet. I guess you saw we are planning a short trip in June. This will be our first summer trip and I am really nervous that we are going to regret the decision to go in the summer. I hope not though!!! It is only for a short 4 days, we are still planning our week long February trip in 2013. The kids have no idea we are going and that has been so fun and VERY HARD keeping it from them. They have both mentioned several times they are ready to go back and every time I have to bite my tongue and say look forward to February. :rotfl: Well, I am looking forward to your new TR can't wait to hear about everything you have going on. I have missed you!

Well, I'm glad you're back on the boards. ;) Yes I noticed your ticker...wow!! Lucky woman!!! So I need details....when? how many days? where you staying? etc! And then you are going back in Feb??? I'm very jealous!

Yes, I'm kind of nervous about going in summer, too, but we just don't have any other choices. Peter works in the heating field, so basically his busy season runs from September to about May. The company frowns on anyone taking vacation during that time of the year. That really limits us! I wouldn't like to go in the middle of summer because the crowds are still up there. I would like the parks to myself!! :lmao: You have to remember though that there are plenty of places to go into that have a/c, so it shouldn't be that bad. And you can always go back to the resort mid day and go back to the parks at night.

The tie dye shirt sounds cool. When you get one done, please post a picture so I can see the end results. Oh and great find on the $3 t-shirts. :thumbsup2 I love bargains.

Look at you getting all the goodies prior to your vacation...Disney gift card, Rainforest Cafe gift card....and a diamond! Woooooo hooooo! I would care what size it was if it was a free diamond.

I'm glad that you're able to use some of my CBR pics. Feel free to use any of 'em you want. Did you see on my pre-trip report that we've added a day and switched over to the CBR for the first two days? I'm excited. :cool1: So, now I'll have even more time to take more pictures for you.

The tie dye shirt sounds cool. When you get one done, please post a picture so I can see the end results. Oh and great find on the $3 t-shirts. :thumbsup2 I love bargains.

Look at you getting all the goodies prior to your vacation...Disney gift card, Rainforest Cafe gift card....and a diamond! Woooooo hooooo! I would care what size it was if it was a free diamond.

I'm glad that you're able to use some of my CBR pics. Feel free to use any of 'em you want. Did you see on my pre-trip report that we've added a day and switched over to the CBR for the first two days? I'm excited. :cool1: So, now I'll have even more time to take more pictures for you.

Yes, I did notice you are at CBR!!! With Lacey and Jesse, too!!! I was just on your PTR posting a comment. Too funny!!!! :worship:

Can anyone tell I'm not getting much work done today???? It's a rare day without a supervisor so PARTY!!! party: (No, it's just that all my necessary work is done already!!)

I just received my $10 Disney Movie Rewards gift card, too. Great minds think alike!
Awesome tie dye project!

Amanda

Home Depot doesn't carry the paint chips any more??? Ugh! We'll, it's probably because of people like me who would take her daughter in there to stuff dozens of Mickey Heads in her pockets! :lmao: I'm glad I saved some! I like your Elmer's glue t-shirt project! I agree - please post after you do one! I want to see how they turn out. Congrats on the diamond! That is amazing! School is over for us the same week it's over for you guys. Victoria's going to be a Freshman already? Well, it's good timing that you can get back the day before her first day of school. Is she excited to go to high school?

Yay for 100 days!!:yay:

Ugh! I didn't realize Home Depot didn't have the Mickey head paint chips anymore.:( I was just looking at ideas the other day for our new countdown calendar and I was thinking of using them again....darn!

Your tie-dye project sounds like fun! :woohoo: for the gift cards!!

images.jpg

The Saga of Ann's experience with Southwest....

So, you all know how we are flying this time with Southwest using the points we received for signing up for the SW Visa credit card, right. I attached my Reward Points account number to the credit card and here I was sitting, waiting and waiting for the points to show up on my account. It had been almost 2 months now and I thought that was crazy, so I emailed them yesterday. It was explained to me that the card owner (Peter) must be the one that the Rewards Points would be credited to and they've assigned him a new rewards number. Ugh!! :furious: Really?? Someone could have made this abundently clear at the beginning of this process. Ok fine. I can accept this. So I created Peter's account using the number they assigned to him. Sure enough, there are the points. They have also added my measley little 1,700 points from my account to this one. Whew....finally can order the return flight tickets.

I was excited to be able to do this FINALLY!! I also wanted to get this information in to Magical Express. So, online I go getting my dates in and all. I have been doing my searches "round trip" but didn't need round trip this time as I already have the departure tickets. I looked over the flights and the points per flight went up. Now I thought that was strange, but didn't really think too much about it. Click, I ordered our 3 return flights, hit the purchase button and THEN noticed I didn't UPDATE THE RETURN DATE SO THAT I PURCHASED TICKETS FOR THE SAME DAY WE ARE FLYING DOWN!!! OMG!!! WHAT DO I DO NOW??? OMG, OMG!!! :eek: :confused: :worried: :faint:

I immediately called SW. Turns out the solution was simple. All I had to do was to go under the confirmation numbers and change the flights. I was worried that it would be more expensive or that there would be a charge to change flights. Nope! I was able to change it with no problem. I checked rechecked, and rechecked again to make sure I ordered the correct date! August 28th! ::yes:: We depart Florida at 2:30pm, so we have time to eat at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Yay!! :yay:

What an experience! I was freaking myself right out. I was so upset. All is said and done now and I can relax a bit.

Today is my birthday and the girls at work got me a nice card and baked me a cake. Jane, my coworker, also made me a wreath with yellow flowers. Peter and Victoria got me an AC Moore gift card (tie-dye supplies!) and they are taking me out for dinner at Olive Garden tonight. Then tomorrow they are taking me yard sailing!!! Love it! Of course Sunday is Mother's Day, so we are taking my Mom out to Longhorn's. A total food fest, huh? I cut out the Mickey heads on my cricuit for my tie dye experiment. I can't wait to work on my t-shirt! I have to go return bottles at lunchtime today. There's always errands to run, aren't there?! I've got to get on AC Moore's website to print the 40% off coupon, too. I SHALL NEVER PAY FULL PRICE!!!! :rotfl2:

:cool1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Great news on finally getting the flight stuff worked out! I was going to go that route, but they denied me a card. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter