• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR Ticking the boxes - Europe May 2013-update DLP

I know-all organised - I am not used to being home not at work prior to a trip-makes things heaps easier as so much more time to do things and remember things instead of having to race around on the prior weekend or night before getting exhausted. I keep thinking I've forgotten something- it all seems too "quiet" :upsidedow

I know-all organised - I am not used to being home not at work prior to a trip-makes things heaps easier as so much more time to do things and remember things instead of having to race around on the prior weekend or night before getting exhausted. I keep thinking I've forgotten something- it all seems too "quiet" :upsidedow

Enjoy the feeling. I'm sure you're all organised by now. :goodvibes

Pleased :rolleyes: to see the forecast for next week for Paris is cloudy and showers all week - 3 visits til now and haven't yet managed to see Paris in the sunshine with blue skies! On the upside DLR might be quiet??

Pleased :rolleyes: to see the forecast for next week for Paris is cloudy and showers all week - 3 visits til now and haven't yet managed to see Paris in the sunshine with blue skies! On the upside DLR might be quiet??

Since when have weather forecasts been accurate? The whole time we were in Europe the forecast said it would be warming up and stop snowing - it never did :rotfl: You could be lucky :thumbsup2

"All our bags are packed, we're ready to go.....I'm leaving on a jetplane, do know when I'll be back again..." :wave2:

Be back in 5 weeks - (well hopefully will drop in for a quick post inbetween!! and to keep up with the goss and TR). Be good everyone and don't play up toooo much. Safe travels to all departees and happy planning to everyone else.

"I see skies of blue"..... in Paris!!!

There's no pressure to post on your trip. Just make sure you have a fabulous time. Safe travels and we'll see you on the flip side.

I'm a bit late on the uptake here, but have a fabulous trip Wendy! Look forward to hearing all about it!!! :wave2:

A quick update on the trip so far. Had an uneventful flight to Singapore catching up on movies and a nice meal - I do love full service airlines! Spent a whirlwind 24 hours sightseeing-the SIA stopover package deal was brilliant-so many free options. In Miss Shuttergirl's style - the highs most definitely were Gardens by the Bay-simply stunning and the evening Rhapsody in Supertree Grove, and all the freebies. The lows the heat and humidity and getting lost in the maze of Marina Bay Shores shopping centre-twice both days when our legs were about to drop off.

Sorry gotta run -dinner is almost done (easy snags and spag in our little home for the weekend)-more anon.

I'm back...Still on Singapore. Hotel was OK for the price, comfy beds and in a brilliant location. The first night (we were in our room around 5pm having got free transfers from the airport as part of the package deal) we rode the Singapore flyer (wheel) - freebie, ate delicious Hainan chicken rice from Food trail@the Flyer (freebie) then walked across to Gardens by the Bay to catch the orchestral performance in the Supertree Grove. Running a bit late so was a mad dash-made it nearby but not quite within the grove in time but great views of all the 'trees'. It was beautiful with the ' trees' lighting up in time with the music. Headed back to the Bay to watch the fountain and light show-got cranky as limited opps to buy a drink or take-away here and confusing layout so got totally lost in the bowls of levels B1 and 2. Finally made it and found a 7-11 for a coke and icecream (it was around 33C and SO humid). The show was disappointing-Disney it is not. I much preferred the Gardens concert and show. It uses projections on water aka World of Colour but not very clear and story didn't seem very strong and was not a big fountain spectacular. The shows at the Burj Khalifa and Bellagio were better I thought. Anyway home to bed as I slept badly the night before - you all jinxed me as usually I sleep the night before a trip but not this one!

Next day was really hot. We had a slow start and after breaky in Raffles City we had a look around the colonial district before going back to check out. We then headed over to Harbourtown for the cable car ride to Sentosa (freebie), then the luge (great fun and freebie) but at the bottom walked over to the beach and decided it was just too hot to do the free bike ride or Segway circuit though it would have been fun. Caught free buses back to Resortworld and as running out of time, skipped the Maritime Museum (more freebie), walked over the broadwalk and caught the MRT to Gardens by Bay to explore in daylight (it was so pretty wandering some of the paths at night last night). We joined a huge queue to get tix to the 2 domes (more freebie). The domes were out of this world-the Cloud Dome was this huge indoor mountain covered in cloud forest plants, lots of orchids etc. The Flower Dome had a spring spectacular with a lawn of tulips (some newly planted after their first bloom but still stunning). No time to spend longer here to explore the sample gardens from around the world. We got back to the hotel in time for our free transfer back to the airport.

The flight to Paris was long of course but OK. Managed to doze a bit and watched several eps of Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss is about as well as a couple of movies. Food not quite as good as the Bris to Sing leg but attendants were quite good. The high for this day was definitely getting access to our room immediately - not expecting this based on Paris Disboard posts. In contrast to Singapore Paris was around 10C, wet and FREEZING!!! We went into the village for lunch at Earl of Sandwich (yum) then hit Disneyland park. During the arvo the sun came out which was nice (the pattern for the next few days). Love the castle-very impressive, love the dragon, love the layout of Adventureland. As we walked in the 20th celebration train was just coming up Main Street so that was a lovely welcome.

Overall the park is much more spread out but actually a lot less rides than the US. Over the week found the distances a bit of a chore-got exhausted getting from one side of the park to the other, worse if headed across to the Studios for a bit. Each night we were so tired and our legs totally dead!

More highs-the park today and tomorrow was sooo quiet-the low for me this day-the sun was out, all the rides were a walk-on and by 4.30pm we were just too tired despite every will in the world to stay and take advantage of this!!

We quite liked Hotel Cheyenne-it was very quiet and all two-storey and spread out and the western theme was fun. Our room was getting tired and a bit battered but clean-had a large bathroom with grab bars so think it might have been a disabled room-and just our double bed not also bunks most of the rooms have. This first night we crashed around 6.30pm and slept for 10 hrs.

The next morning after a delish breaky of crusty rolls, ham, cheese, spreads, croissants and pain au chocolat we focused on Disneyland. So quiet didn't bother getting in too early with EMH-9amish instead of 8. Rode a ton of stuff and had a really good lunch at Agrabah cafe. Visited the Studios after lunch to catch a couple of shows and their parade then as we still a bit tired (jet lag probably) went back to our room for a 2 hour nap. Returned in time to see the land light up and to watch Dreams-OMG that is so amazing. I wish I could buy a DVD of it. We queued about an hour for a good spot (and Thursday as Zanzibar said queued for 30 mins and got nearly but not quite as good). The sun came out this arvo but then this eve it rained a bit while we were watching. It was cold waiting. So highs today-Dreams, Dreams, Dreams!! low crowds so lots of walk-ons, IASW-I think much better than other versions I have seen. Prob a lot more highs I forget. Lows-exhaustion! especially both of our tired legs-should have worn a pedometer!

Our 2nd full day-Wed-we went into Paris. Another slower start so got to the Eiffel Tower around 10.30. The sun was out in fits and bursts and the queues actually not that bad but decided as we have been up before, after taking some pics, to head out to Tour Montparnesse for the views. I'd been intrigued from some TA posts. Got a bit lost wandering to find the MRT but managed. The views from up here were amazing. It was nearly empty, 360 degree views and like TOR in NYC, from here you can take pics with the Eiffel Tower in it. Well worth the visit. After we had a delish Italian lunch in a place opposite-surprised here as well as elsewhere that a lot of the young servers spoke no English-I am sure 10 years ago more French youth spoke English than now but they were all very friendly and helpful and with my school French and gestures we got by.

From here headed over to walk a stretch of the Promenade Plantee-what the High Line in NYC was modelled on. Pretty and quiet though lot flowers not yet out then crossed the Arsenal and Canal St Martin over to St Luis. It was along the way that my ankle decided to have one of its moments, maybe uneven ground, it just gave way and I did a spectacular face plant on the road. Bundled up in leather jackets and scarfs, slow reactions from that large glass of red wine with lunch?? I just couldn't seem to move my arms quick enough to save myself. Bag and glasses went flying. Luckily DH was there to stop traffic running over me and rescued me. I felt OK initially but soon my ankle and knees were hurting and my cheek throbbing so after concluding our wander over to Notre Dame decided the Louvre was not a go for today and all I wanted to do was go home. Sparkling Eiffel Tower will have to wait! We got back in time though to detour and watch the DL parade at 7pm before heading back to the hotel for cup noodles, choccie biccies, tea and bed. Highs today-views from Tour Montparnesse, fab lunch, just wandering Paris, the DL parade. Lows: getting much more intimate with French tarmac than I would like.

Thurs our last full day we headed into DL first for the few rides that were open in EMH then went over to the Studios. I rode Crush-only 20 min wait-so glad I did it-bit dizzying but a lot of fun. Disappointed by Armageddon and the Stunt Show-neither was as good as I thought they'd be especially the stunt show - we have seen much better. Cinamagique was good though. We headed out to the village to Macca's to access some wifi but the signal wasn't very good and then back for a nap again to replenish our energy for the night. Had a dinner booking at Walts for 6pm which was excellent. Did some shopping but disappointed a Tshirt I had my eye on couldn't find in M only L or XL and L was just too big (this was after annoying DH by tearing around the park from merch to merch to see if any store had one left smaller.) Did some more walk on rides while queues forming then queued for 30 mins to watch Dreams again. So good - love the Tangled and Brave excerpts especially. Amazing how they can make the castle look like Notre Dame, or a huge waterfall or the towers flip to and fro. Love the song track as well. So highs for today-Dreams again, Walts dinner, Crush's coaster, being in DLP. Lows-few-running out of time to do all the rides in the Studios I wanted to do. Lingering bruises and sore knee and ankle still. Having to leave tomorrow!

I've been busy at work and have completely missed the updates! It sounds like pretty full days to date. Hope you haven't had any jetlag.

Sounds like you're having a good time, inspite of the "meh" Disney shows.

Have just caught up on your TR. Singapore sounded great, boy you did pack a lot in in a little stopover. Sounds like you had a nice time at DLP. What a shame you had that fall in Paris, are you ok now? I hope your ankle settled down for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter